Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Think it was the 14th hole (the one with the rocky stems in front of the hole) that killed off any chances I had, think it was 6-7 shots on that one alone I dropped 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sudden Death!

I got into a sudden death playoff with Tiger at the 18th hole. Tiger won.

I came so close to winning, but the 18th hole was my undoing in the main event and playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Getting quite into this now, just won my first tournament :-)

Well done Jim. When I finished 2nd in the Valspar Championship, Nike wanted me to sign for them again. I declined their offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ok, new event live and have set the next 3 after that. You can only have one event at a time so gotta wait the 3 days in-between. I remember the last game, 2 days wasn't enough time for everyone and 4 days was too long a wait. Will see how this mix of real and custom courses go :)

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Advertisement

Life's A Beach. It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Question. I’ll try to be brief.

In then olden days I only ever sports games with friends, live in the room with me,as I always found the CPU very very boring to play against.

Fast forward 30 years.

I’m loving 2K23 but finding it a little boring as no opportunity to play ‘live’ with someone.

Having seen this thread on the main page I, for the first time, looked at playing random people online.

So on the main menu I’ve tentatively looked at ‘casual’ as a way to ease into playing live online randomers. It seems though access to ANYTHING live online comes at an additional cost. Is that correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What difficulty settings are ye using?

Another 2nd place, this time at The Legends Championship. I mustn't be far off a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I'm struggling with the system of shots. Tried 3 click, couldn't make head nor tail of it. Right stick I'm fine on t-off but my short game is very off. Greens I have no bother. I keep getting duff shots in my mid game and I don't understand why. It says often that I have pulled slow but I can't see my timing off by that much. Anyone able to advise. I played 2 rounds and a load of practice. Just anything other than 100% power and it's iffy.

And I did! Won the Norwood Invitational in style with an Eagle at the last hole.

Well played 👏 it's addictive once you get into the swing of things....

Oh that gag is off putt-ing.

And on another note, I beat Tiger in a rivalry causing a nice gold trophy to pop

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

Thanks lads, beginners luck I think. I switched to the 3 click system and it made a huge difference, most shots were fairly accurate. just my putting that needs improvement. I found the par 3's really tough, 5 and 6 shots :-( Looking forward to the next events, best of luck everyone

Hhmmm might try the 3 click again. I tried career mode last night, that first course in Boston. Started well with birdies and pars and a few frustrating greens sent me down the boards. Ah still, top 50 finish, no problem. "You have failed to finish top 50, try again next year" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Yeah getting used to the 3 click system now and improving. I still can have some nightmare double and triple bogey holes which is frustrating. But we will keep practicing.

Just wondering if there is any interest in having a 2-3 round events to fill up the days in between competitions? I take it if say you didn't play today you could play both rounds on the next day, is that how it works?

@Sinbad311 looks like we are playing this at the same time 👍

10th hole destroyed my challenge went into the water 3 times in a role 10 shots on a par 4 and it has destroyed my confidence 😭

Well that was a disaster +11 I was doing well up until the 10th and after that just couldn't recover nothing would drop. Feeling Happy Gilmore levels of rage at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

Yeah, went into the water on the last, triple bogey 😫

• Advertisement

For practice I Did Adare Manor(created by Hawkeye 1991) there just to get a feel of the course so playing three click amateur level windy conditions and got -4 for my round which will translate into +18 during competition.

-1, well happy with that, altho could have been even better, was -3 at one point before the bogeys set in... Good luck folks

The PGA Tour is very long. I have about eight more events to go, so I would like to win another event before the season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

No xbox equivalent

😤

Can you search boards.ie in societies on the off chance it has crossplay? All our members have a PlayStation symbol beside their babe which looks like a crossplay feature.

Goddamn you 2K, can't get an online connection. 10 minutes watching the the connection symbol spin around. Restarted the game and same thing. Just let me play some **** golf!

You can take out your frustration in Wreckfest later.

Seems to be across all platforms I left it sitting on spinning icon and came back 15 minutes later and was in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭thelostboys23

+1....as in real life if I could putt I would be half decent.

Advertisement