Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If you have decent hiking boots you'll probably be fine. Definitely not runners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

No woodchip at all , very muddy in spots.

Day 2 let's gooooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Kojaque announced as special guest for tomorrow! Full band should be class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Serious amount of mud on site, and nothing done to make it easier for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭blowitupref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Anyone have any tips on keeping a handcart/wagon wheels free from getting stuck/overloaded with mud?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MargoChanning

So much mud on-site, actually unbelievable. Very hard/tiring to walk through too as your feet keep kind of getting sucked down by the mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not sure if the same applies to wagon but if I was in the sand/mud with a jeep I'd be letting some pressure out of the tyres.

Best of luck!!

• Advertisement

It dried up a bit throughout the day, but not a huge amount. Wet mud just became slightly less wet mud.

Strange that the organisers made zero attempt to make it any easier for festival goers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Ah it's shocking, I haven't seen one bit of woodchip put down anywhere and they've had weeks to prepare for the rain.

The trek to Arcadia was nuts last night, walking through quicksand with hundreds of people.

Still had another great day yesterday mind 😁. Caribou were excellent as was the last hour of Jamie xx that I caught.

We have a hand truck that we've been pulling the little ones and it is fairly horrific in the mud. So would love to know if it's a bit more passable in the arena today.

There's never been a lack of kind people helping us through the sludge though! So thank you to anyone for their aid or well wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MargoChanning

I’m the same, in two minds about going in today as the mud was horrific even though the music was brill last night! It will only have dried up slightly I’d say, cos of the heavy footfall, and there will be more footfall today as the locals always get day tickets for the Sunday!

Best of luck with it if you do trek in!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jemmy Button

A load of whingers 😂 Sunday will be a snowflake free zone today thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭keepwalking

It has dried up a good bit in a lot of places and certainly at the moment, its significantly better than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Car park good n dry though so should make for easy exits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Jamie xx a big let down for me. First 30 minutes were absolutely muck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭PressRun

Has anyone else found the sound has been awful for a few acts? Lankum in particular in the tent were very hard to hear if you weren't basically up front. I was about halfway back and couldn't even recognise some of the songs they were playing. Heard The Scratch were very muffled in there too.

Sugababes too sounded awful, their mics were glitching like mad and if you were at the back, you couldn't hear anything. Could barely hear Sorcha Richardson too when she was on main.

In contrast then, I thought the Lovely Days stage had really good sound.

The mud situation yesterday was a lawsuit waiting to happen. Can't believe how unprepared the organisers seem to have been, especially since they were putting out messages to festival goers in advance to come prepared for bad weather. They didn't even woodchip especially hilly and slippery areas, no staff around to help people who had fallen. I'm shocked I didn't hear of someone getting really hurt.

Very enjoyable weekend nonetheless, just wish the mud had been managed and prepared for a lot better than it was. And they could do with fine tuning issues with their main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Yeah sound at the main stage wasn't good at times. Caribou sounded great, but Sugababes sound was dreadful. Everything I went to see at Lovely Days was spot on. As for the mud I did see a bit of wood chip put down but not enough. Maybe when it gets that bad it would take tons and wouldn't make a difference? Still parts of walkway around Arcadia should have been managed better.

Having said all that I will definitely be back next year.😂

I was right of main stage for Caribou and the sound was terrible, and lots of people just talking over them as well. But I moved further back, and centre, and it sounded much better then.

I would probably go back next year, if I liked the acts, but I'd definitely bring a camper van.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Great festival once again. Despite the mud it was top class. Iggy Pop and James Murphy delivered big time last night. Black Country, Villagers and Billy Bragg on Saturday. Storm Antoni put on a great set on Friday. Unforgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This was my first ATN, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Started the weekend with Thee UFO and finished it with Iggy, and saw some great acts in between.

The food options were great. It was nice to have a pint of Guinness at a festival, and very handy to have pints of Guinness 0% yesterday as i drove home last night.

My general feeling was it felt like how EP used to be, with some lovely installations, a lack of teenagers, and a nice vibe to the place.

I saw a lot of older people, some people on crutches, and a good few 'unsteady' people really struggle with the ground conditions. I was chatting with a medic who said that there were 2 leg breaks over the weekend. I didn't see it myself but another person told me the same.

There were more discarded vape yokes on the ground than woodchipping, and not a single bit of straw. The terrain is quite hilly overall and uneven on the stoney trails, so the mud really made things dangerous imo and it was tiring at times.

I found Sunday a bit light on acts i wanted to see, especially early in the day. I would return though.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Highlight for me was the Lovely Days stage. Loved the look of it and the sound for any bands I saw there was great. Definite letdown was the ground management. Maybe there wasn’t much that could be done, but the fact I didn’t even see any attempts to make it better had us driving home yesterday as didn’t hold out much hope for car park conditions this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Had a great weekend, loved Lovely Days stage and the Last city was good craic.

Certainly a lot of tweaks to be made yet but can see it becoming an absolutely brilliant festival the setting is fantastic, lot of hills which weren't great for the legs but made the viewing of the stages really good.

Iggy was unreal and topped off the weekend for me perfectly.

Time to give the washing machine a bit of a workout

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Unbelievable weekend! My prediction for the ground was slightly off the mark though 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭PressRun

Def agree on the lack of seating areas. I don't know why the food court area didn't have more benches and whatnot. Was always struggling to find somewhere to sit and eat the whole time.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Agree re food areas, all near high traffic areas for obvious reasons but would be great to have a few nice food vans and seating/chilled music down on the front lawn of house, and that would have been near kids area too. Saw lots of parents having to trek up to main arena area for food to bring back.

Advertisement