Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

You need it to forget about it. Limerick far superior team to us and you need to realise this and leave it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Vinnie it’s an imbalance brought about by Croke park.how come usually in a situation like this they would have to bring it to congress and decide after 3 years whether they would allow it or not like you would give out if I mentioned money can buy you anything obviously Limerick have far superior funding than we have.the GAA is supposed to be based on fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

Look. If u picked a random pitch in the country. Say Brewster park. No cameras. No tactics board. 15 on 15. Behind closed doors Limerick would win again. Leave it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭blackcard

Glenmore had a well deserved 1-20 to 2-14 win over Ballyhale with Eoin, Shane and Alan Murphy best for Glenmore. TJ scored 1-11 and set up a goal for Eoin Cody. Ballyhale missing a lot of players.

Dicksboro were impressive against Clara. They have a solid look throughout their team without having superstars. Bill Sheehan and Harry Shine got a number of scores but look a bit light for county level. Andy Gaffney has an eye for goal but needs to be better at winning possession.. Cillian Hackett impressed me at midfield. Liam Ryan made good use of possession for Clara

Matt Kenny came on for Clara and scored a couple of points, Timmy Clifford played at wing back Eoin Fennelly hurled well on the other wing. Dicksboro tore into it from the off and went four points up and then coughed up a soft goal after Manogue saved and John Murphy got the rebound the Boro went on again but Clara pulled it back to 3 points at half time. 5 minutes into the second half it was all one way traffic and the Boro went on to win by 12 or 13 points Liam Moore also hurled well he got 2 goals and should have got another 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Jeepers it's like Trump in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭forchange

If any of the 3 are brought back we are going backwards

Browne only there because of Cody hurling skills very poor

leahy very poor

maher never recovered from injury

went up to watch Clara today

instead got to see a powerful

display of hurling

boro centre back was outstanding how he not playing for kilkenny Conor fogarty

never played to this level

just seeing Sheehan And shine not strong enough what a joke

kilkenny midfield very poor for quiet a few years again I saw a great display from Ollie Walsh and any time we have played against the Boro he has always played well

another player that suffered from Cody refusal to pick boro players

just to say Adrian Mullen at centre back might not be such a stupid suggestion after all I see shamrocks selectors on the same line

maybe for ffs might reconsider

Bridge some good young players comer very poor

i have seeing 3 matches see one tomorrow mull vDanesfort love to dee O’Loughlin v Tullaroan The one thing I have seeing as I said all along plenty of talent

after watching the Boro you can see why there trainer involved with cork senior set up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Comerman

Tom Kenny was centre back for the Boro an excellent hurler was brought into the inter county set up a few years ago but took himself off the panel I’m not sure why.

• Advertisement

It’s not

just because you don’t like hearing the truth

everything I have said about kilkenny hurling this year came true

I have seeing some good club performances over the years

The Boro performance today was outstanding and there players were

Bill Sheehan gave a outstanding performance got man of the match and great reviews from kclr and what I could see the Clara men not to small Sheehan destroyed Staunton and he was on senior panel

The only thing comer man has to look forward to is relegation

just had look at records for the past few years and by far the next best team to shamrocks has being the Boro the won a championship hammered the village if memory’ is right being in final and 3 semie finals and 4 leagues won and the could not get anyone on kilkenny panel and comer had 3 and they struggling

Mull defeated O’Loughlin’s last year and any time we play the village we destroy them we in quarter final last year and no one near the panel

I think Cody use to take offence to the beatings we gave the village

if kilkenny have 42 players better than what played for boro today we should have no problem stoping limericks 5 in a row

I think it’s time to go I thought this was to talk about kilkenny hurling

all I can see is lads trying to put forward there own club players

because anyone that tries to say mossy Walter padraig Buckley Donnelly Billy

and most of all fogarty another disaster in all lreland are good enough

then lads saying bring back Browne for what didn’t play a good game in 6 years

leahy gave away more frees than scores he got (fact)

maher never the same after injury

the say the sign of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

so rather than dismiss what I say try and give the facts that diss prove it

I only go by results and what I see

* I think Shamrocks hit no wides today while scoring 2-14

* In the 3 matches I saw, there were 3 frees given for throw balls

* Ballyhale were missing Dean Mason, Darren Mullen, Joey Holden, Richie Reid, Darragh Corcoran, Ronan Corcoran, Brian Cody, Joey Cuddihy,Colin Fennelly and Niall Shortall

* Dicksboro the most impressive side I have seen, missing Evan Cody and Cillian Buckley

Our refs should stop blowing for throw balls as it's not illegal at county level any longer. We ought to move with the ever changing hurling landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭conor05

Ballyhale had their junior team out today v Glenmore plus TJ, E. Cody & 2 Mullens.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

Are u saying bill sheehan should be playing for Kilkenny

Post edited by larrya on

Larry’a it’s stupid statements like that puts people off

he destroyed Staunton he scored at least 4 pints from 50 to 60 yards

It most be great to have such a super star in the family or a father that makes such stupid statements

he could not be any worse than billy ryan

who now has the record of not hitting the ball in the all Ireland

wally 3 shots at goal 3 wides in all Ireland final

what I saw he every bit as good as Phelan at striking ball you were raving about him in all Ireland and he is a very poor striker of the ball

You can’t say they were missing

cuddihy

Holden

fennely

coady

there gone for the year Holden going to be big loss and so is fennely

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Adrian Mullen played as a spare defender yesterday against a strong breeze. He was being played in front of the full back line. He wasn't centre back. He was being used to carry ball out of defence on the shamrocks luck outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Village87

Cillian Buckley will be doing well to make that half back line for Dicksboro. Tom Kenny is at an age now where he is stepping up to be taking seriously. An outstanding club player, always delivers for his club. I appreciate some of the Boro player’s attitude, no interest in sitting on the bench for years with Kilkenny and being part of the click, would rather go back and contribute to the club, more power to them

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ttowncat

What age is Tom Kenny? ish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Nearly sure he was on the U21 panel that lost to Limerick in 2017? So probably a similar age to Huw Lawlor, Tommy Walsh, Shane Walsh and those lads around 27/28.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Joey Holden almost definitely won't be back Ronan Corcoran, Brian Cody and Joey Cuddihy gone travelling. Colin might and probably will make an appearance later in the Championship.

In fairness to Lyng, Tom Kenny was asked into the extended panel at the end of last year. He politely declined I've heard, maybe intercounty life is not for him or maybe he feared putting in all the effort like he did previously under BC only to get 20mins of a league relegation match that was already lost against Cork if memory serves me right. Only Tom knows why he didn't go back in but I've always believed he's very close to that level and in a good setup could thrive.

Bill Sheehan was there for the Walsh cup this year and got a few runs. I'd say he was bitterly disappointed to be dropped. Personally I thought it unfair to try and judge Bill in bad conditions when he's real ability shines at this time of the year when he can use his speed to full effect. Anyway the management figured he was surplus to requirements and maybe he wasn't doing it in training but I doubt it from the years I've watched him. Bills size will always go against him as will Harry Shines but both are strong enough well able to tackle and be tackled. They won't win many high balls but do occasionally, they really thrive when the right ball is sent into them. Bills work rate off the ball is huge and chases defenders down relentlessly.

OLG had a deserved victory over Tullaroan. All 6 starting forwards scored for them as well as 3 from wing back David Fogarty. Huw Lawlor showed his class at full back. Tullaroan will be dissappointed with no score from Gearoid Dunne, 1 from play for Shane Walsh, Mossy Keoghan got 2 whilst Padraig Walsh scored 3 from Centre back. Similar to the Boro, OLG look solid throughout the team. I was dissappointed with Tullaroan who will need more from their forwards.

To me, it looks to be between the 3 city clubs, Ballyhale and Tullaroan. I think the Ballyhale full back line looks vulnerable without Joey Holden

I thought Davy Fogarty scored 4 pts. From play. O’loughlins were never in trouble Tullaroan only started making an impact in the last twenty minutes and were unlucky not to score a couple of goals. O’loughlins were good value for there win. Dicksboro playing O’loughlins next Friday it should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

Just throwing something out for charity but imagine a match where limerick current team play kk for one half and then the 2007 kk team play limerick 2007 for the second half. If buy a ticket for that one.

all for charity but commission a greatest of All time trophy for the match.

Thanks usualstripes

radio commentary said he played centre back

and done extremely well and 10 minutes into second half he changed with paddy who went to centre back and he went to midfield

we had handy win against Danesfort they very poor

went to see O’Loughlin’s and tullaroan

olouglins very impressive

Lawlor unbelievable had to go out of my way to get to match but it was worth it just to see this man up close

not surprised at tullaroan

mossy poor

Dunne poor

Tommy Walsh very poor

Shane Walsh very poor

padraig done well speed gone

hard to understand how 5 of them on panel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Half the Tullaroan boys were living it up somewhere sunny until a few days ago so I wouldn't read anything into their performance today

Don't know what you have against mossy. He was tullaroans best player yesterday. Covered an amount of ground and scored some good points. Marking Huw Lawlor in the 1st half and does a lot of work off the ball. Moved out around the middle in the 2nd half and did well there. Dunne was disappointing yesterday. He was one of the reasons I went up to see the match. Padraig and Tommy, while not outstanding, we're still good. Shane Walsh, for me is a peculiar one. He has so much potential but he seems very greedy in possession. If he could improve on his passing and moving I think he would improve his game. I was impressed with olg. Lawlor very good. Deegan good also. Impressed with paddy butler full forward and luke hogan wing forward. I think they will be there or thereabouts. Mikey Butler returning will strengthen them aswell.

Shamrocks Saturday were the usual Shamrocks at this time of the year. They will improve as they go but without Joey in full back and the others that are travelling I wouldn't be surprised to see new champions before the end of the year. But you can never write them off. They could have you blitzed in 5 minutes.

The junior championship is very hard to predict. Any one of Tullogher, Freshford, ballyragget, windgap and possibly the emeralds or galmoy could be in with a shout. Big wins for windgap and tullogher at the weekend. And for those of you who say Danny Glennon of tullogher can't even do it against junior opposition I would suggest you get to some of their matches.

• Advertisement

Just to add to the above I was impressed with David fogarty of olg yesterday. He was full of running at wing back and seems a good hurler. Got some nice scores aswell. Any info on him? What age is he?

Advertisement