Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex for free rent: Why is this so wrong between consenting adults?

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This is the post I replied to . You disputed my query about why a woman should want to 'please a man 'in the context of the thread. No need to repeat this all again .

The other ..... lovely poster told me to go read a comprehension link . Which I reposted back to him.

I responded . How is that deflecting.

Just noticed are you replying to newmembers posts also because that last one was for him not you ?

🙄 yourself

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

If you use your home or a room to rent out and use that to manipulate a person into sex then you're scum. People like that are just taken advantage of others who are down on their luck and in need of housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

According to some here it's really all ok cause there are lots of choices of other places to live - 🙄

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

So you think there's nothing dodgy about a landlord throwing you out because you no longer want to have sex with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well there would be a massive difference between someone willingly deciding to do that when they had plenty of other viable options and a person who is manipulated or forced into doing it against their wishes due to either direct threat or engineered circumstances.

Like the stories of your man arrested over in Romania who was alleged to be forcing girls to perform on camera to make him millions. You can hardly equate that with some 20 year old without a care in the world who figures out she can buy a sports car rather than a fiat punto if she sells photos of herself in the nip online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You should treat yourself and hire a more expensive hooker next time.

(Seriously though - what would be the max rent these people would be paying? They're probably otherwise going for room in a houseshare ........ what are you paying for your hooker that your regular-twice-a-week is costing less?)

You're point is a strange one to be using to minimize something.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I realise there are strong feelings over this topic. That does not mean that posters can resort to posting in an uncivil manner. Any more of this can be expected to result in threadbans

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

It's disgusting that some are willing to take advantage of someone in a vulnerable position with need of housing. Being used for a basic necessity in life. Yuck!

Advertisement