Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭jj880

Puzzling Places

40% off

9 euro

1 of the highest rated games on Meta store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

You got off lightly, I cut the palm of my hand after I smashed a wine glass playing Echo Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I smashed an overhead light and didn't realise I'd cut my hand till I took the headset off 30 mins later and saw the blood everywhere as I'd been waving my hand playing Holoball.

I ended up remodelling my living room for VR after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hadn't touched the Quest in a long time so on a bit of a binge now jumping in and out of Beat Saber while playing games such as Vader Immortal which I finished Ep 3 of last night and just started I Expect You to Die 2.

Down from 15 euro to free 😳.

Reviews are good.

• Advertisement

Oh boy. Finally put in a few hours on RE4. Completely hooked. Really liking the addictive gameplay and quick weapon switching. The save game function is cool also. Was playing RE8 last few weeks on PS5. No contest. Will be playing this until the finish now.

Best buy have a product page up for Quest 3 in the US. Looks like they are sticking with 128/256gb storage options. Bit surprising. Thought they may have doubled those up.

Features

Expand your world

Full-color passthrough that blends virtual elements into your physical space for a new way to play, connect and explore like never before.

The most powerful Quest yet

Enjoy lightning fast performance that delivers clearer, sharper details thanks to double the graphics processing power compared to Quest 2.

Our highest resolution display

See dazzling visuals come to life with a nearly 30% leap in resolution from Quest 2.

Expansive VR/MR Library

Dive into 500+ titles and immerse yourself in your favorite content across gaming, fitness, entertainment, social experiences, travel and more.

Surrounded by sound

Feel like you’re right in the action with rich spatial audio for the most immersive experiences yet.

Explore further in ultimate comfort

Redesigned with a 40% slimmer optic profile compared to Quest 2 and strap customization for a personalized fit.

Experiences you can feel

Touch Plus Controllers are redesigned to fit more seamlessly in your hands while TruTouch haptics let you experience realistic sensations — like you’re actually holding a bow or blasting through space.

Product link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/meta-quest-3/6549064.p?skuId=6549064

RE4 is my favourite game. I checked a youtube walkthrough to see approx % completed. Just short of half way according to the video run time. Amazing game and great value. I think Walking Dead could be as good if they left out the gathering and crafting. Theres some gathering in RE4 but it doesn't wreck the pace of the game at all. Plenty of action and variety so far. The weapon mechanics are excellent and addictive as hell. Was playing a while before I realised there's a simple way to save ammo when killing enemies.

Shoot in knee and stab when they fall on the ground.

Should have figured that out a lot quicker. 😆

ha.. never thought of that... though when I started running low on ammo in the latter stages it made it super-intense

Agree it's a fantastic experience though... highlight of my gaming year so far

Well this month has 1 of my favourite games. Pistol Whip.

On the 1st of August Walkabout Mini Golf will be added which is another of my favourite games.

Keep in mind this is a subscription service. Im not subscribed myself but if it works the same way as most gaming subscriptions you will not get this months games if you dont sign up before August 1st and you have to keep paying every month or you will lose access to any games added using Meta+.

• Advertisement

https://www.meta.com/ie/quest/gift-cards/

Quest gift cards now available.

Vive DAS is 55% off... not sure how long it has been discounted, but it's a hell of a bargain for the most comfortable strap/headphone combo there is

Just requires the purchase of an adapter which can be gotten for a couple of euro on ebay or amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Can you play Minecraft on an Oculus Quest 2...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Yes but it takes a bit of work:

Fresh tutorial from Cork based VR YouTuber The Mysticle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Thanks, he is saying I have to pay for java minecraft to get it working. Is that correct?

Edit:

Got it thanks, the Minecraft Java came free with GamePass which was a welcome bonus. Took a bit of fiddling around but have a happy camper here now playing it away.

Post edited by cullenswood on

Well into the Island area in RE4. Amazing game. Getting tough. Finding myself having to go back to the merchant to choose the right weapons and redo sections but I dont mind at all. Really dont want it to end.

What do people play after completing RE4?

Unless I can find something half as good I could end up not playing Quest for a while. Have a large backlog on PS5 but would like something to go back to as I like playing VR late at night.

I'm playing it again...its superb second time round. ;)

just got the infinite-ammo Rocket Launcher for 1 million pesos (had to sell off all my maxed-out guns, bar the 9mm).

So now I'm going to try to complete the game with a rocket launcher and a pistol... and (what I call) a knife

Just got my PC sorted for PCVR. Maxed out on the Steam VR test. PC is cabled to router.

My router is definitely letting the side down though. Its actually a 10 year old Huawei wi-fi 4 2.5ghz.

Switched it to band N which is the fastest it has but its not up to it.

Ive tried a few games I have on rift cross play and steam and they run fine with no frame drops and excellent visuals for maybe 10 seconds but then just lag out completely for maybe 5 seconds. Tried oculus app and steam vr with airlink.

Im not interested in cabled PCVR to be honest. Is there a router model that can push the stream smoothly and reliably or is cabled the only viable option?

£44.99 seems like a bargain for a wi-fi 6 router. Anyone recommend this brand / model?

• Advertisement

I got an Asus rt-ax56u and it always ran perfectly. Granted I haven't played PCVR for almost 2 years now which is kinda shocking!

I really need to get back into it, but Quest has sorta been perfect for me in the meantime for quick pick up and play

Think I'll take a punt on the AX10 and try it as a dedicated VR router beside my PC using Quest 2 in same room. Apparently Virtual Desktop (using a new feature added last month called HVEC 10-bit codec) with an AX router is best for wireless PCVR.

Looking forward to fiddling everything to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Any WiFi 6 router should be fine.

I use a cheap Huawei WiFi 6 router that is in Chinese language only and it's hooked up to my pc via ethernet. It can't access the internet so no concerns about using a Chinese router.

Bought if for 40 euro from banggood a while back and it works fine with no dropped frames.

Got a few more games off my backlog there...

A Fisherman's Tale was a nice short puzzler to get through. Interesting mechanic employed where you see yourself as a small model, and gigantic model at the same time (i.e. you are a model too) and you use this to transfer objects to the different versions of yourself.

Sairento: Untethered - Controls are overly complicated and the actual game is a not particularly interesting wave-shooter, so just uninstalled it after checking out what it had to offer

Sam and Max: This Time It's Virtual! - I missed out on the whole Sam and Max thing, so the characters aren't ingrained in my head as something like Day of the Tentacle or Monkey Island might be, but the dialog is sorta funny. The actual game is really dull though so I gave up.

Currently trying To the Top... finally! It's great.. a bit like Daedalus on the Oculus Go which was also amazing

Will probably put Saints and Sinners at the top of my list next.. still haven't played that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate.

man, if they ever release a monkey island VR game, I’ll be the first in line.

FYI for anyone looking for a free router for PCVR. Was just about to buy the tp-link above but thought I'd chance my arm and rang Vodafone first.

They sent me out a 5ghz Gigabox router no charge.

It's a wi-fi 5 router but is doing the job for me with airlink and steam vr for now.

I split the network SSIDs to 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Only Quest 2 on the 5ghz. All other wireless devices on the 2.4.

Holds a steady 50mb stream from PC to Quest 2 no problem. Everything running very smooth even with me watching IPTV / netflix downstairs at the same time.

PC is cabled to router with tp-link plugs

Gona try all the half-life VR mods later today. They look excellent.

Edit: half life 1 and 2 mods run perfect at 100% resolution on this router. PC is a Scan custom build. 16gb ram, i7, gtx970, Asus mobo. Just upgraded to win 10. Didnt think it would run any games to be honest apart from maybe Gorilla Tag for junior. Walkabout Mini Golf runs great also.

Post edited by jj880 on

Trying out Saints and Sinners last night... it's ok. The inventory management takes a bit of getting used to after the ease of RE4's method.

i.e. putting down weapons so you can take out your backpack

I understand this is for tension, but it's definitely a different pace to RE4.

Will stick with it... currently on first map trying to find the damned microphone in the blue mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Similar experience. I gave up but will go back to it at some stage.

Meta Quest 3 unboxing leak... looks nice and tasty

• Advertisement

Games For September. Havent played A Fisherman's Tale.

Red Matter is one of my favourites. Great game.

Advertisement