Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I know you live up on border so just in case you don’t know, it’s only a Bank Hol in Republic, the UK Aug Bank Hol is at end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

You know when you bring your cat to the vets and if they're staying over they put a piece of tape with the pets name on the carrier so they don't get mixed up? When our cat died earlier this year after being in the vets I had kept the piece of tape in my coat pocket just as a stupid little memory of her so I could touch it in my pocket and remember her when I was walking. I lost it on Friday night when I was out and I'm unreasonably upset about it.

Ta - crying over a stupid piece of tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,443 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who because there has been a lot more medical / health information, focus and discussion flying in the media / social media since covid.. think that now they are some kind of authority on health & wellbeing, health & fitness….and so on….

and get a little freaked out when you don’t seem to want to listen to whatever lecture, whatever opinions or made up waffle that they might have to offer on the subject…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I know, but I'll still might visit the pub , alot of regulars from both counties visit 😁 . I had great times there when the Good Friday ban was on. It used to be the best session of the year. They should bring it back 😁

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just saw the score in the GAA final today. All I can say is ouch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Harry Potter and the Bane of the TV Schedules

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

But if you buy a 2nd pizza you get BOTH for HALF PRICE!!

My TA being that the Irish and British populous think anything that's marked half price - REGARDLESS THE FULL F*ING PRICE - is a bargain. It's bad enough having to buy super-mega-size portions/quantity of food items in a supermarket to get any sort of reasonable average price for a one-person meal.

[EDIT] Added to that, the crap of having to have a loyalty card/app to avail of regular pricing ('cos let's be honest, they just add a premium to prices so they can knock it off). I've never noticed as much hazy pricing on the continent.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Rang one of those wifi door bells today. The owner was real loud over the speaker. The whole road heard. It was very loud. If you're not in you're not in. No need for these. Hate them.

I'm thinking about breaking it. Don't like the way it records everything.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Verrrrry trivial but when you are in a cafe, where there are tons of empty tables but the next group to arrive, insist on sitting at the very next table.

With much shuffling and shoving of chairs so they are practically on top of you. 🙄

It's like the people who park their cars, jammed in beside yours. I came back to mine one day and the car beside mine was across the white line, into my parking space.

If there was one empty space there that day, there was fifty. I'm not exaggerating. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭deezell

I get this, you're sitting in a large almost empty carpark, tescos, macdonalds, applegreen, etc, enjoying a morning coffee, window wound down, and a numpty pulls into the space tight beside you, passenger inches from your face, and sits there, munching, with their poxy engine running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Happened to me yesterday in Tesco. Opens at 10.00am. I bought a coffee at Costa and was relaxing in my car with the window open. Was going to head into Tesco once I finished it. No more than six cars in the car park. A guy pulls in tight to me, goes over the white line. If I opened my door, I'd hit him. I just shook my head at him and started the car and drove off to another space in the next row.

League of Ireland clubs not playing their European home games at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was a big fan and had a lot of respect for Sinead O'Connor and was very sad to hear of her death but I wish people would stop bloody piggybacking on her death all over social media at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The breast beating is nausea inducing.. As much as Bono annoys me at least he wrote in praise of her while she was alive to see it

Cliftonville had a similar issue & just brought in temporary seating.

I also recall an occasion where the ground met UEFA standards but was moved anyway.

As a matter of interest I’d like to know if many of their European opponents do the same when it comes to their home ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

People using the canteen for meetings

Our office is very new and they are lots and lots of meetings rooms. Just last week I saw a statistic that the meetings rooms are only booked about 15% of the time

The 3 people in the canteen are pretty quiet but dammit it’s the principle. It’s certainly a meeting , they have no canteen food

The one place where people go to relax and now I get to listen to 3 people discussing projects and signoffs.

I could find 10 empty meeting rooms in less than 2 minutes. Get up the yard and outta the canteen!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I was thinking the same. Performative 'mourning', making it all about themselves. I don't recall this amount of widespread love for her when she was alive. I wonder how many of those people lining the seafront in Bray this morning would've rolled their eyes whenever Sinéad O'Connor made an uncomfortable appearance on the Late Late Show and dismissed her as crazy. It's easy to "be kind" after someone with a mental illness has died.

Nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,399 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The old funny Irish accents type shite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭deezell

Who in their right mind would spend 15 MINUTES listening to that attention seeking garbage. It's a YouTube nonsense, so can be clicked off after the first one or two seconds it takes to assess its moronity from your man's opening howl. I clicked pause immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,399 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Beleive me some of the other 'tasting videos' are worse

'Saying MARMALADE (in a funny irish accent) is the new hilarious'

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Someone parked their car outside where I work, however they did not pull it right in against the curb. The inevitable happened and another vehicle smashed off it's mirror while driving past.

Now some do-gooder picked up all the parts of the smashed mirror but rather than waiting around for the person who owns the car to come back or leaving it on top of the car for them. They have walked into my work and left them on my desk.

So now it's my problem, I don't want to put the parts out on the car because the street is very busy, with a lot of people that know me and I don't want them to think I smashed the mirror.

The problem is that the car isn't even parked outside my work, it's actually a few doors down. No clue why they were dropped in here and not the shop directly beside it.

I can't actually see the car from where I'm sitting so I have to keep getting up and walking to the door to check if the car owner has come back because I don't want to have to dispose of the car parts if I miss the driver. Also then there's the possibility of the driver coming back another day, me having to tell them that I threw the parts in the bin and them getting angry with me because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭wildwillow

People who don’t participate in a task, especially where it’s mostly voluntary work, and then loudly give their opinions on how they would have done it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think you need to torch the car at this stage.

It's the only solution to getting out of the situation. 🙊

It could be like a homing beacon, to coax the owner back to the car.

Me: "sorry to be the bearer of bad news but someone has knocked your mirror off"

Them: "but my car is on fire..."

Me: "oh is it? no clue how that happened..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Print off a note and leave it on their windshield.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"We have your rearview mirror. If you want to see it again, bring €350k in unmarked notes to [your office address] and don't call the police or the mirror gets it. Take a wrong step and the mirror gets it. Drop the cash off and don't look back*"

*See what I did there?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,443 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Need a refund from a business. 120 euros. They concurred that I am indeed entitled to a refund, the product is faulty… product was returned but they wont refund me cash. They will only reimburse the bank card I used.

if I was looking for a few grand certainly I can see why they’d be pushing to make that sort of transaction to reimburse me but it’s a fûcking massive electronics store with over 20 stores nationwide. They probably in that busy store take in about 8-12 grand in revenue a day… which nowadays will be mostly bank / credit card transactions yes…. I didn’t have my card on me… so a double trip, fûckwits…. They’ve lost any future business….

432 reviews on trustpilot… 75% are 1 star 😯…. Lots criticising the after sales service and return’s policy.

Crisis averted, they have returned.

New t.a. they didn't listen to a thing I said about not being the person who collected up the mirror parts. They kept asking me details in relation to what hit the mirror, even though I already stated that I didn't see it happening and I wasn't the one who collected up the parts of the mirror.

I think she thinks it was me and that I don't want to admit it. God damn it, I knew this would happen, see what you've done now do-gooder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Can anyone explain to me what that stupid extra half sink is for in a kitchen? I have no use for it and it only means I've an extra bit of sink to clean when I'm cleaning it down. I've never seen them be used for anything other than holding disgusting used tea bags.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement