Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Grusch has no credible evidence of aliens (just hearsay).

The head of AARO, who has full access, states there is currently no direct evidence of aliens (this is a guy who openly believes there is other life in the universe)

Maybe there are crashed alien spaceships OR maybe some people in the DoD, some ex members and other staff (the kinds of people who go to alien conventions and appear on "Ancient Aliens") are just making stuff up. And Grusch is believing them, and believing he is whistle-blowing. In a sphere that has so far been 100% comprised of people making stuff up. For decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yup. Best thing to do when someone disagrees with you. Stop all discussion and cry persecution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

On the second last phase here. Proceeding nicely.

Once the evidence starts coming in there will be some fleeting personal attacks on the source and nature of the evidence. It shouldnt last too long.

Then the final insult will be that they announce it was all self evident and it wasnt a REAL conspiracy. Thats what they really hate to admit .. that conspiracies are real - people in power lie - its a safety blanket thing with some people.

Massive misrepresentations throughout this post.

No one is arguing that conspiracies aren't real.

This false position keeps getting trotted out whenever a conspiracy theory is questioned or challenged.

"You don't believe my personal conspiracy theory? Then you must think that there's no such thing as conspiracies."

Very very silly argument.

No one is saying conspiracies don't happen.

I strongly suspect the conspiracy here is that Grusch has been fed tall-tales by other people inside and outside the program.

The alternative is that there are "dead alien pilots" and "alien spaceships" sitting in warehouses in America, like in the film "Independence day", all hidden by a vast decades long conspiracy.

I could play along and entertain the latter with the generic "let's wait and see", but at this stage I'll trust the ocean of red flags

• Advertisement

Watching this guy's videos after Dohnjoe's link a bit back:

He does a good job outlining the claims being made by Grusch to show how extreme they are. (It isn't just claiming that UAPs are an interesting phenomenon...)

He also points out some quotes that a lot of the crowd involved made which state that they are toning down and being vague about their full claims to make themselves seem more rational.

One thing he also suggests is that there is actually a secret program run by US intelligence that goes around investigating sightings and crashes and is collecting and studying technology from these. But rather than it being alien craft, it's just Russian/Chinese etc aircraft and drones.

It would make sense that something like this would exist and would be highly secret. But that explanation isn't as attention getting or TV show financing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

As I have already explained to you, it is not true.

Grusch's boss gave him a directive to document every classified and UFO program that the Pentagon is aware of, regardless of whether or not the public is aware of these programs. In reality, his faction's actual US government represents the American people.

Did you not listen to the conference? He clearly said he tried to gain access to this UFO-type Roswell-like crash retrieval program while on the job and was denied access.

This suggests someone higher up in the Department of Defence was trying to protect the program and prevent any further investigation into it. The fact that the Inspector General found the complaint to be credible and urgent further demonstrates the seriousness of the situation happening today.

In reality, people in government and other governments are having behind-the-scenes battles to share the truth about what the US government knows. 

Think this important news was done on hearsay? This is the Democratic majority leader. The new legislation gives them 300 days, to tell the truth or be legal implications

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), along with a bipartisan group of five other senators, introduced extraordinary legislation on July 13, suggesting that the U.S. government or private contractors may secretly possess recovered UFOs and “biological evidence of living or deceased non-human intelligence.”

According to the legislation, “non-human intelligence” is defined as “any sentient intelligent non-human life-form, regardless of nature or ultimate origin which may be presumed responsible for” UFOs.

Given the decades-long stigma associated with the UFO topic, such stunning language is not included in bipartisan congressional legislation on a mere whim, let alone proposed by the Senate’s top lawmaker.

https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/4101345-non-human-intelligence-schumer-proposes-stunning-new-ufo-legislation/

Any other day you are claiming politicians are in on vast conspiracies. Now, when it suits, they are exposing them.

I like Chuck Schumer, but he's about to find out that amid all the reports of UAPs, which exist, there will be no evidence of aliens.

Watch this space, feel free to call me out when they find concrete evidence of alien spaceships and dead alien bodies (clue: they won't)

Keeping large-scale events or conspiracies quiet for long periods of time is difficult because there are too many people who can potentially leak information or be bribed to talk. Therefore, keeping something secret for decades likely requires a much smaller group of people than is often assumed. I think it's nonsense when debunkers claim thousands.

You would need a small number of people to keep it hidden. You would need people to guard it, maintain security, study it, and officials to oversee the whole operation.

Outside of that, everyone else would be pretty much oblivious to what was happening. A vast conspiracy that involves thousands of people is unlikely.

The debunkers aren't telling the truth here, claiming it's all hearsay. This is a lie. To the Congresspeople, Grusch clearly stated he will tell them where the craft is hidden, the locations, everything the need, as well as provide a list of people involved in this project and the hostile witnesses. There is no doubt that the officials who control the secret UFO program are hostile witnesses.

Grusch has not witnessed nor seen any of the "craft" or "alien bodies". He's been told by other people. That's hearsay.

The US DoD has around 2.7 million employees. Around 40% of Americans believe in aliens. If we take a fringe 1% of that 40% of the DoD, that's over 11,000 employees. If we take fringe 1% of that figure, that's still over 100 employees..

When certain types of people really believe in something for which they don't have evidence, they'll make stuff up to fill the gap. Exhibit A: This forum.

This is why hearsay isn't evidence.

So far, in 70 years of this UFO stuff we'd had 100% hearsay and 0% actual direct evidence of aliens.

Either its the best kept secret in the history of successive leaky US administrations or Grusch is being told some porky pies by believers inside and outside the DoD.

I know what my money is on.

• Advertisement

Grusch attempted to assess this UFO crash retrieval program. Thats not hearsay actually hands-on experience.

Grusch found the program and ran into difficulties gaining access to it be read in. Clearly, you do not understand that point here. In his capacity as a whistleblower, he complained that the program was operating outside of normal Pentagon procedures, and the inspector general confirmed his complaint and said it was serious and urgent. Despite Congress' understanding of the rules, we got a UFO program that did not follow them. The whole point of congress debate was to tell them in a classified setting what is going on behind the scenes.

He is an NRO division chief who has the top-secret clearance necessary to view all US engineering black operations projects. Must have hidden something very unique and amazing at the locations he knows about, if he was turned away.

Personally, I am okay with having doubts until we get the revelation, but Grusch is a pretty credible witness based on his credentials. 

Strange, the AARO chief has all the top-secret clearance necessary and doesn't have these views. He has strong credentials.

Also:

The hype is building.

Wouldn't it be embarrassing if these "whistleblowers" turned out to be simply believers who "saw an alien/spaceship under a tarp at a facility back when I was a defence employee, it was real I swear, absolutely real, trust me, but I have no evidence", like the millions of "stories" of aliens since the 50's.

And Grusch lapped it all up

Nah couldn't be, could it..

AARO was preceded by The Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF), a 2020[1] to 2021 program within the Office of Naval Intelligence used to "standardize collection and reporting" of sightings of UFOs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-domain_Anomaly_Resolution_Office

In addition to not investigating whistleblower complaints, it appears to be primarily concerned with sightings of UFOs.The general consensus is that this is just another project bluebook that gives some transparency but not a lot. As with project sign, grudge, and end bluebook, Kirkpatrick is just the same people who appeared in the past.

Yeah, I suspect this is more a case of does X support my personal belief in aliens?

If yes: Defend it

If no: Minimize it

Anyway from the link

"Findings of the UAPTF[edit]

On April 12, 2021, the Pentagon confirmed the authenticity of pictures and videos gathered by the Task Force, purportedly showing "what appears to be pyramid-shaped objects" hovering above USS Russell in 2019, off the coast of California, with spokeswoman Susan Gough saying "I can confirm that the referenced photos and videos were taken by Navy personnel. The UAPTF has included these incidents in their ongoing examinations."[6][7][8"

It was from a triangular lens aperture. If these people are struggling to figure this stuff out I wonder who they have employed.

For some reason I see more reorganisation and renaming in their future. Especially if Grusch is not able to produce any evidence of "spaceships" and "dead alien pilots".

Until Congress can properly review Grusch's credibility on this subject, it is difficult to determine how it will all play out in the future. I have nothing more to add to this discussion until fresh news emerges.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So what happened to this small number of people who were involved in keeping UFOs secret in the 50s, are they still involved or did they retire, how come none of them divulged anything?

What about those employed in the 60s? Or the 70s, 80s, 90s etc? How many people is this small number now? How come they have all kept it secret about what they were working on?

How come these things are still super top secret that not even a single nuget of information has got out from any official source even through multiple changes of governments, presidents, and whoever is in charge of the top secret UFO department. How come none of them have decided that the stuff they discovered 70 years ago is now essentially ancient history so why not release information on something or get the general scientific community involved?

Simple made up answer to all 3 questions: "their lives are in danger so they said nothing"

Of course there isn't a drop of evidence their lives were in danger, or that any were "offed".

New to UFology?

Many new leaks have been released in recent decades from government files, CIA memos, and Defense Department documents. Pretty much all of the generals who were involved in the Roswell incident have admitted in later life that it was a cover-up of an alien crash.

Leaks and confessions are not enough, though, to change the status quo. While people who have looked into this topic are aware of leaks and confessions involving crash retrievals, most of the world is unaware of this documentation.

Have you heard of Richard Doty or this UFO crash case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecksburg_UFO_incident

The majority of people on here are unlikely to know this unless they have been studying the topic for a very long time. Basically, if this is revealed, I dont won't want to hear any more from debunkers. Keeping secrets is impossible.

There are things happening now that will be groundbreaking over the next year. Rubio is getting ready to bring in additional witnesses, and a new hearing will take place. They are also trying to establish new Senate hearings with new laws that basically subpoena anybody they like to get answers to this crash retrieval stuff.

To cover up something this big, gatekeepers were always necessary, and Donald Rumsfield I always viewed as one of them. I also believe he was involved in some way in the events and cover-up of 9/11. JFK unsure. I hope to hear his name come out when this blows wide open. Debunkers like you, of course. What are you talking about? Let's wait and see! How they kept it all hidden is through people like Donald Rumsfield. Yes, there were murders to keep the UFO topic secret. Grusch said it, and he was right. 

See if your critique on this works out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So that UFO link says nothing about aliens, just that it's either a meteor, US rocket or USSR satellite but they can't be certain.

Any of those three potential reasons for the fireball are infinitely more likely than a crashed alien spaceship.

What makes you jump to "aliens" ahead of dodgy cold war technology or a plain old rock?

• Advertisement

As for Richard Doty, not heard of him, but is your claim now that there was a conspiracy to trick people into thinking that there were alien UFOs in order to distract us from the cold war developments which was in turn a conspiracy to distract us from the actual aliens who kept on failing to land properly on earth after travelling multiple light years to get here?

But I can absolutely belive that the US military decided to let stories about their new technology be called out as UFOs by crackpots. Why would they admit to something when people are making up the cover story for them for free? Encourage a few little green men stories and have any people claiming to have seen some secret new aircraft be easily dismissed at crazy.

I've predicted we will get zero credible evidence of "aliens" or "alien spaceships". Zippo, zilch, nada.

According to you, something ground-breaking will happen, great. What will that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Why does this mostly have to be centred around the US ?

If these things are as prevalent as the whistleblower makes out, surely lots of other countries have them piled up somewhere and hard to think that everyone involved across the world has been kept quiet without producing nailed on evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

According to Grusch (the people who fed him UFO campfire stories) a UFO crashed in Italy in the 30s.

And the US military were there in an instant to secure the area and cart the alien bodies off to Area 51 before anyone knew what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Keeping large-scale events or conspiracies quiet for long periods of time is difficult because there are too many people who can potentially leak information or be bribed to talk. Therefore, keeping something secret for decades likely requires a much smaller group of people than is often assumed. I think it's nonsense when debunkers claim thousands.

You would need a small number of people to keep it hidden. You would need people to guard it, maintain security, study it, and officials to oversee the whole operation

This is in direct contravention to what you have said previously regarding 9/11. If you really believed everything you've said here, then there's no way you can believe everything you do about building 7 etc. because there'd simply be too many people involved. If I'm remembering correctly, you also think the BBC were in on this.

And the Vatican was involved in helping them secure the craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I would say aliens almost certainly do exist ... there is bound to be life on some of those other planets by sheer volume alone ... each star out there is a sun .... bound to be some liveable planets around each ...

... that said and done ... UFOs or whatever they are calling em now are more likely man made objects ... USA and Russia are the 2 places where sightings of UFOs are most common which pretty much says it all .... both countries seeing each others spying equipment ...

I remember reading this article of a man who said he was driving along in car then sees big bright light and then remembers being prodded by little green men ... and then is left go ...

2 problems I have with aliens visiting earth ....

1. Why would they just come without making any impact on society? Like everyone felt the presence of the Vikings when they arrived in Ireland and the UK ... I do not buy some alien coming along to abduct and then release 1 man like the above ...
    2. Why do we assume aliens would be man-like creatures doing human-like things such as flying aircraft ... actual aliens could be giant pussycats, walking plants or some life form we cannot even understand ... alternatively they could all be waterdwelling entities ... with nothing on land ... or entities that could survive in extreme heat or cold ... it is too convenient to make UFOs and those in them sound like us ... and sound like some b-movie green men thing from the 1950s ....

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

You call it a blurry object, but what I see on Chad Underwood's video a vehicle that doesn't look like anything seen in the sky before. Those who debunk don't mention how fast the vehicle accelerated off-screen to the left and the velocity couldn't be matched by an American fighter jet worth $100 million. That vehicle was equipped with some sort of advanced propulsion technology to leave the area like that.

In the case of debunkers, there is clearly a psychological problem that prevents them from seeing the evidence for what it is.

who says it's a vehicle?

A vehicle is something whish is used to transport people or goods.

Why are you calling this blurry object a vehicle?

What's inside it?

How can you call it a vehicle if you don't know what's inside it?

What evidence do you have to suggest that there's anything inside of it at all, that we debunkers have a psychological problem from seeing? show me why you think it's a vehicle and I'll tell you why you're jumping to conclusions and, ultimately, wrong.

Time to put up or shut up: show us the evidence and we'll discuss it. But if you don't have any evidence at all, bar a blurry object on a video, then wtf do you expect? How can people believe the evidence if you don't have any feckin evidence to begin with?

You call it a vehicle, but what I see on Chad Underwood's video a bouncy castle that doesn't look like anything seen in the sky before. Those who suck the conspiracy flute don't mention how fast the bouncy castle accelerated off-screen to the left and the velocity couldn't be matched by an American fighter jet worth $100 million. That bouncy castle was equipped with some sort of advanced propulsion technology to leave the area like that.

In the case of the flute suckers, there is clearly a psychological problem that prevents them from seeing the evidence for what it is.

I have exactly the same amount of evidence for calling it a bouncy castle as you do a vehicle. SFA.

• Advertisement

So Kirkpatrick interviewed 30 of the people who came to provide testimony. None could provide any verifiable evidence (about "spaceships" or reverse engineering)

When asked if he believed them, he responded with "I believe that they believe what they are telling me. "

I'm sorry for anyone who got their hopes up for this.

Advertisement