Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,000 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A good suggestion i heard today was that any posts need to be vetted by his counsel(solicitors). That would ensure some accountability on their part, and easy sanctions if the direction is not complied with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

Maybe they’ll let him build his own prison. If it’s good enough fo Pablo Escobar................

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That potentially stops him , but then Don Jr. or Eric just take up the mantle of hurling abuse at witnesses.

And even at that , does anyone really believe that Trump would listen to his Lawyers or care if they got sanctioned for not controlling him?

If he did that , he likely wouldn't have posted 90% of what he has posted over the last 3 or 4 days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Have the lawyers take parental responsibility for him. Acknowledge that it's not feasible to incarcerate him, but any actions he takes and the lawyers face the consequences... See how long they stick around then.

Don Jr or Eric are minor league compared to 45. They rant and rave all the time and nobody, even trump fans, listen to what they say.

As for their lawyers, if they faced sanction or even disbarment, then they would certainly care. As for Trump caring, if he wants to burn through the entire bar, then so be it. That will wear out the patience of the judge very very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I’m curious about those poster who seem to believe the case against trump in relation to January 6th.

• do you agree with Donald trump and others who believed that the election result could be overturned or senator pat toomey who felt that by challenging it in congress it set a dangerous precedent and the constitution sets out a very specific role for congress ?
    • do you believe that Donald trumps actions and word on election night and up and until January 6th played any role in the violence that occurred in that day ?
    • do you think that then VP mike pence acted within his role as president of the US senate on that day ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If Trump were to be convicted and a custodial sentence was handed down , it's almost certain that he would not be sent to any existing Federal prison facility.

Potentially he gets sent to a secure Military facility and moves into an Staff Officers quarters, essentially under "House Arrest" but not his house and not on his property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,758 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As for their lawyers, if they faced sanction or even disbarment, then they would certainly care.

You forget, they believe if their client wins there's a good chance he might win the election again, and hand his lawyers pardons, nominate Aileen Cannon to the SCOTUS, etc.

We're not dealing with a normal case, not even a normal mobster/crimelord case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Mobsters normally pay their attorney rather than sell them a pipe dream.

• Advertisement

Trumps offer to his cronies..

Ruin yourselves today to save me and I pinky promise that if I win in 2024 I'll pardon you and get you your reputations back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭briany

He would only regard those posts as 'liberal hysteria'.

Take everything Trump has done and is under investigation for. Imagine it was perpetrated by a member of the Democratic party. How big do you think the fallout would be in American news media? How many heads would be exploding? I think Judge Janeane Shapiro on Fox News would have to be airlifted to hospital, myself. They would all be going utterly - fúcking - BERZERK. This is not something any of us don't know, but it is worth restating from time to time.

The reaction to Trump's antics - antics which have utterly debased the office of POTUS - has been incredibly restrained from those on the other side of the aisle. Restrained by the Republicans, too, although for vastly different reasons. We know he's bang to rights, and he still can't shut up.

People like @MisterAnarchy should not bemoan Trump facing his justified court proceedings. They should breathe a sigh of relief. Relief because it opens the door, if only just a sliver, for a halfway normal Republican politician to step into the potential void and bring the American right wing back to some state of normality. Not the shrieking cesspit of anger and conspiratorial thinking they have descended to over the last ten years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

"People like @MisterAnarchy should not bemoan Trump facing his justified court proceedings. They should breathe a sigh of relief. Relief because it opens the door, if only just a sliver, for a halfway normal Republican politician to step into the potential void and bring the American right wing back to some state of normality. Not the shrieking cesspit of anger and conspiratorial thinking they have descended to over the last ten years."

Trump should be grateful, too. Most failed coups don't end the way his has, with a trial by his peers.

Always a classy act.....

Whatever you think of his politics, he is very much a disgusting and vile human being.

A little bit back, I had speculated that Trump would call Chris Christie a 'fat loser' if Trump were to face him in a debate. This clip has not allayed that suspicion. I don't think Trump would let civility stand in his way if he felt on opportunity to pop the crowd with a cheap ad hominem insult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,743 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A TV debate without a live audience would be better at grilling candidates and would not suit Trump.

It's in keeping with his 12 year old's vocabulary and conversational style. Has about 8 adjectives he uses, and childish insults are the norm.

I think he'd be afraid of Christie in a debate - Christie's an ex-prosecutor and put Jared's daddy in prison. He'd shred Trump, and he's spoiling for it.

@Igotadose

I think he'd be afraid of Christie in a debate - Christie's an ex-prosecutor and put Jared's daddy in prison. He'd shred Trump, and he's spoiling for it.

If it were 2008, he'd shred Trump, back when the electorate were basically more interested in points of policy and reasoning that had some basis in objective reality. However, this has very much changed, with the Republican base at least.

Christie faces in insurmountable problem, and it is this - he is no longer an accurate representation of the Republican base, and I say that while commending his stance on 2020 and Trump's handling of it. He'd run into the same problem that Trump's opponents faced in 2016. Jeb Bush et al were playing "Let's have a civil debate". Trump was playing, "Let's wrestle in mud".

Agreed, Christie has little to no chance in the primaries. But he'd shred Trump in a debate, I think he can mudwrestle with the best of them - after all, Trump's just another perp and Christie's a prosecutor by training. It'd be fun to watch!

• Advertisement

Of course!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But they like the shrieking cesspit. It is the appeal of Trump.

Is this what passes for comedy in republican circles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

More embarrassing than funny to be honest, but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The problem with posts like this bullshit soup is nobody is arsed fact-checking Trump anymore. Most people will just accept that Trump is lying again as he always does and Trump's followers will just take any claim as the literal truth without questioning any of it, even if it contradicts something he's previously said. Luckily, all Trump needs to do is prove his claims with some sort of evidence and it'll clear everything up. I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LOL

"accurate".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Saw it nicely sumed up.

So far Trump is facing 78 felonies in three different jurisdictions and more to come.

His VP, AG & Cheif of Staff are all testifying against him.

Every wintesses is a Republican

Yet it is all the Democarts fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If he didn't commit his crimes in public, he wouldn't be in this mess. The US is fairly corrupt but when you just do it in public and run your mouth off the way that Trump has, then it's going to draw a response. If I robbed a bank, masked up and left no evidence and somehow avoided electronic surveillance, I might get away with it. But if I organised some of it on twitter, included a bunch of unreliable toadies in my conspiracy and kept lying with easily disprovable lies about it in public, I would likely draw the attention of law enforcement.

This really isn't as as complicated as it may seem to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Any reason you didn't address any of the responses to your "Drunk Pelosi" post?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement