Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Chauvin murder trial (George Floyd)

Options
1105106107108109111»

Comments

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The BLM organisation leadership is nearly all black (I haven't seen any white people on it) and every protest I was involved in was led by non-white people, predominantly black. Calling them and those marching alongside them 'thugs' is an obvious dog whistle.

That is a lie. You repeatedly abused people who even attend BLM movement protests (below in the last 24 hours).

If you want to abuse specific people then do so, if you're abusing all of those that marched under the BLM then you're abusing 15 - 26 million people.

It was a desperate attempt to point score that was again offensive to 15 -26 million people that marched - aligning them with a terrorist group that has killed nearly 2000 people.

Come on, you won't stop openly calling BLM and those associated with them racists and thugs (a group that I would identify myself as being included in having attended several protests in the last year) and now you're pearl clutching that I stated that I am struggling to reconcile your incredible aggressive polar opposite claims?

I am not pearl clutching. I find your accusation that I am a racist disgusting. It's not pearl clutching. It's a downright refutation of your horrible accusation.

I stand by my assertion that BLM are a racist organisation and those who associate themselves with them are people who I will oppose.

No dog whistling. Just an intense dislike towards a group who I find abhorrent. I couldn't give a flying **** what colour the "group organisers" who you follow are. And you're right, I will openly call BLM racist thugs. That's my honest belief. At least I have the honesty to say what I believe and not mince my words.

And to say I repeatedly abused people by voicing my displeasure with BLM and then in the next sentence accuse me of clutching pearls?

You aren't fooling anyone foxtroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I am not pearl clutching. I find your accusation that I am a racist disgusting. It's not pearl clutching. It's a downright refutation of your horrible accusation.

I stand by my assertion that BLM are a racist organisation and those who associate themselves with them are people who I will oppose.

No dog whistling. Just an intense dislike towards a group who I find abhorrent. I couldn't give a flying **** what colour the "group organisers" who you follow are. And you're right, I will openly call BLM racist thugs. That's my honest belief. At least I have the honesty to say what I believe and not mince my words.

And to say I repeatedly abused people by voicing my displeasure with BLM and then in the next sentence accuse me of clutching pearls?

You aren't fooling anyone foxtroll.

I never called you racist - I have no idea what is in your heart and can only take you at your word. All I did was admit to struggling to square the fact that someone who claims to be so anti-racism would have such incredibly intense hatred for one of the largest anti-racism protest movements in history or the fact that you seem to take the opposing side to anti-racism movement in nearly every time a topic it is connected to (like here with police violence) or your regularly use dog whistle terms. You might be a complete unicorn with those multiple diverging perspectives but it makes absolutely no sense to me. If you want to infer something from that then go ahead.

While you are whining about the above you have once again called me and the millions of people that marched in BLM protests 'racist thugs'.

You'd said you were done earlier but kept on responding to my posts so now I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

I never called you racist - I have no idea what is in your heart and can only take you at your word. All I did was admit to struggling to square the fact that someone who claims to be so anti-racism would have such incredibly intense hatred for one of the largest anti-racism protest movements in history or the fact that you seem to take the opposing side to anti-racism movement in nearly every time a topic it is connected to (like here with police violence) or your regularly use dog whistle terms. You might be a complete unicorn with those multiple diverging perspectives but it makes absolutely no sense to me. If you want to infer something from that then go ahead.

While you are whining about the above you have once again called me and the millions of people that marched in BLM protests 'racist thugs'.

You'd said you were done earlier but kept on responding to my posts so now I am.

BLM is not anti-racism, no matter how many times you repeat that.

It's in fact a racist organization that advocates for discrimination against non-black and non-brown people

• Registered Users Posts: 21,672 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Mic 1972 wrote: »

It's in fact a racist organization that advocates for discrimination against non-black and non-brown people

Wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're the one that is wrong. Stop repeat this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

No, I do. The supreme court has been clear on what constitutes ineffective assistance of counsel. Not removing a juror that you claim was biased doesn't even come close to reaching that standard. do you even know that they had the ability to remove that juror? Do you even know that there was evidence of this bias during voir dire?

That's exactly the point. A competent attorney would have fought tooth and nail not to allow this person to sit on the jury because it has been reported the bias was evident during jury interviews.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Sorry if being a white man who rejects discrimination offends you but no, thank you, i won't stop repeating that BLM advocates for discrimination against non-black and non-brown people as seen on countless videos of BLM activists.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

notobtuse wrote: »
    That's exactly the point. A competent attorney would have fought tooth and nail not to allow this person to sit on the jury because it has been reported the bias was evident during jury interviews.

they have a limited ability to remove jurors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry if being a white man who rejects discrimination offends you but no, thank you, i won't stop repeating that BLM advocates for discrimination against non-black and non-brown people as seen on countless videos of BLM activists.

I advise you to try looking for videos where there was no violence. Gives you a bigger picture and broader overview of the subject instead of biased confirmation bias for your deep rooted prejudice.

That's the thing about prejudice. It's very easy to find the information to back up your prejudice while you ignore all the rest of the information and evidence. Doesn't make you right. Just like in this case when you are factually wrong. But that's another funny thing about prejudice. People would rather be wrong than admit they are wrong even when presented with the evidence.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

They won't stop. Mods allow these provocations around here despite the fact there is no factual basis around them.

Whereas if I call someone a troll that's below the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I advise you to try looking for videos where there was no violence. Gives you a bigger picture and broader overview of the subject instead of biased confirmation bias for your deep rooted prejudice.

It also shouldn't be all that hard to find considering over 90% of all BLM protests were entirely peaceful.

That's the thing about prejudice. It's very easy to find the information to back up your prejudice while you ignore all the rest of the information and evidence. Doesn't make you right. Just like in this case when you are factually wrong. But that's another funny thing about prejudice. People would rather be wrong than admit they are wrong even when presented with the evidence.

going by the same logic, no matter how many non-racist white people exist in the world, the focus remains on the few ones who are

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It also shouldn't be all that hard to find considering over 90% of all BLM protests were entirely peaceful.

What % of BLM supporters agree with critical race theory and white fragility?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,672 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

going by the same logic, no matter how many non-racist white people exist in the world, the focus remains on the few ones who are

Because they cause damage, harm and hurt.
    We still have a police force even though most people are lawful every day.

You've really lost the run of yourself over the past day or so. You're not posting any cogent argument on any of the threads you are still on but just making random statements using evocative buzzwords.

What's is critical race theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The right have twisted the former to being any history they don't like and the latter is what you've been showing a lot of in your recent posts. Both are true.

The right have twisted the former to being any history they don't like and the latter is what you've been showing a lot of in your recent posts. Both are true.

It’s painfully clear mic doesn’t know his critical race theory from his cathode ray tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Tou Thao gets 4 years and 9 months for his role in the death of Floyd.

Thao doesn't believe he was in the wrong, even now.

Chauvin, Lane and Kueng pleaded guilty to some charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He thought it was OK to stand there while a man was murdered so I'm not sure his opinion counts for much. It's a pity the federal and state sentences are running concurrently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Yeah who cares about the opinion of a male Chauvin-ist

• Advertisement
Advertisement