Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Foggy... but blue sky and sunny at the same time in west cork, very warm. Confusing weather lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A pleasant 23 degrees at Kerry airport with sunshine

EIKY 091200Z 19010KT 160V220 9999 FEW031 23/16 Q1015

But much cloudier in other places for example at knock with cloud broken at 900 feet

EIKN 091230Z 19006KT 140V240 9999 BKN009 BKN026 20/18 Q1016 TEMPO 4000 BECMG BKN012

Hopefully a brighter evening for all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭pauldry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

South coast and SW the place to be today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Advertisement

Home this morning from a fortnight in Brittany and the first time I felt any heat was stepping off the ferry in Cork this morning. It was very autumnal with about five total washout days and two Atlantic storms. The temperature failed to get into the 20s once and even on the sunny days it felt cold. Lovely to arrive home to a blue sky and very warm temperatures in Cork today. Reports from home were not good while away, though the grass is a rich green and has grown a foot in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Yeah, in Killarney and it's glorious.

Wer all heading for Kerry. Pure glum here. Sun not due till 630pm. And of course clear all night before more cloud tomorrow. 22c mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Sun made an effort to come out around 1pm in Galway, complete cloud cover again now

Update lovely blue sky moving in now long may it last

Post edited by Storm 10 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Completely clouded over here in North Wexford. Warm and humid however but disappointingly no sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very warm and humid in Dublin, not that I'm getting to enjoy it as sick in bed last two days.

Ah well we did have a brilliant family day out on Monday and stayed dry all day, with plenty of sunshine in late afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Very warm and muggy here in Waterford. Unpleasant even in the shade at the back of the house.

26c in Shannon carpark with its broken radar.

22c to 24c most other spots

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol that comment aged well - it’s blue skies and warm sunshine in Cork City now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Hot and sunny in Galway now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

I'm in Spain since yesterday and of course I would miss that wouldn't I 🙄 In that kind of weather you could compare Kerry to the Cote d'Azur, lol 😁 Nowhere more beautiful than Kerry in warmth and sunshine, so enjoy it guys! Short lived by all accounts.

Lovely here in Spain as always and am pinning my hopes on an Indian summer at home in September to cheer us all up after a bad summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Sticky in Dublin, went for a walk at lunch and needed a shower when I got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭boetstark

Absolutely acequion. You are very foolish heading off to those foreign places.

Kerry was like the Cote D'Azur a few days back and Galway has turned from cloudy to Hot and sunny in the space of an hour. Real Hot not like that rubbish abroad 🤣

The tar in Shannon hit 27c at 5. Back to 26c now

Sligo got 22c like all of June but it was sunnier in June than now in Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Drizzly rain / mizzle on and off in County Monaghan this afternoon... very disappointing... warm rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Hate this warm humid sticky sweaty muck. Thankfully days like today have been few and far between the last many weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

Another gem of a headline from Galway Beo

Met Eireann forecast as 'Antarctic heatwaves' skyrocket Ireland weather temperatures

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Lovely day in Fanore, Clare today. Air temps well into the 20’s, sea temp 17.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Temp still rising in Sligo, only sunny since 6. God knows how high it could have gone with a clear afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Half a day heatwave 🙃

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

reached 24C earlier here in Meath but not a second of sunshine today, could have easily reached 26 or 27C if we had decent sunny spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

And there was me thinking that it was great that I could sit out on the decking in the garden with no jacket on this afternoon. Tried it yesterday evening but it was bloody freezing (not literally, but it was very much winter jacket weather despite the lack of wind and rain). @Billcarson , I can only imagine that you were one of the lucky people in the west/south who got the good spells of sunshine today. I was in Trim, where it was a mix of cloud, VERY hazy sun and a few short spells of actual sun in the afternoon. It got to about 23/24° and I was comfortable sitting out in the garden in a t-shirt and jeans.

First bit of weather since June that I could actually describe as being "fairly warm" rather than "mild". Looks like there'll be a keen breeze tomorrow and lower temperatures too, plus a reasonable chance of showers breaking out in the afternoon/evening. Kinda saddening that today has been seen by many people as being such a lovely day despite temperature being only a few degrees above average for the time of year. I am happy that many in the west and south got to enjoy a decent day.......decent as in a typical decent summers day, far from unusual - just the sort of weather that is typical and normally expected in early August in terms of temperature. Very nice to see Shannon at 25° at 19:00 - low enough humidity too (in the low 50's) so it would feel very pleasant even for those of a cold persuasion. I'd be BBQ'ing if I was that part of the country this evening. I bought a lovely charcoal BBQ almost 1m wide at the end of June......just before the weather turned so poor. It's assembled and all, it's just waiting for it's first outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Shannon reached 26.6C today, its highest since 13th August last year.

Though this is more of a reflection of how poor August was, this would have been the highest August temperature in the country since 2012 before 2022 🤨

My thermometer in Sligo got to 24.2c but there's no way it was that 22 or 23 maybe and only sunny after 6. Tomorrow prob sunny before 6 and 25 somewhere again like midlands. Then deluged again as its the weekend.

If you takeaway the weekend Summer 2023 has been good in Sligo. If you include the weekend it's been one of the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Out for a walk in Trim before an early night to bed. It's calm, it's cloudy and it's mild. Not a bad evening in this part of the country but nothing out of the ordinary for early August. Just about mild enough to be out without a jacket before nightfall. Isn't it shocking how bad this summer has been so far apart from June.

I accept many Southern and Western parts have had a generally good day, however it would be probably the best day in those areas in a long time, I would imagine.

Advertisement