Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark side of the ring

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bam Bam had maybe the great look any wrestler has ever had and he could go in the ring.

Such a sad end to his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

Sorry would you mind PM'ing me as well please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Russo and Bischoff are some clowns.

Russo for obvious reasons, but it will never cease to amaze me hearing Bischoff (and Hogan by extension) make themselves out to be the good guys at BatB 2000. They're all equally fucked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Russo is a a clown and he thinks he is the reason that wwf got so hot. As meltzer correctly pointed out wwf had Austin and rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,097 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Russo was a huge reason WWF got so hot and had a massive hand in creating the Attitude era. One trick pony but it worked.

Final episode next week is Marty Jannetty which should be bat sh1t crazy and full of tall tales from Marty himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It was interesting that the guys in charge said on cornettes podcast that this was his(Marty) version of his life, which I took as them covering their arse because we’ve seen him say all many of shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,065 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nice to get a bit of a change of tone for this week's episode

All parties coming out bad, wasn't Russo talking about the lay down segment in his in ring 'won't see that piece of **** again' promo and not calling 'Hogan the piece of ****'as the edit of episode made it out to be ?

I got to say I really feel sorry for Marty, just don't do drugs kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It is hard to feel sorry for someone who has spent their life self-sabotaging themselves.

Marty got so many chances but threw it all way

• Advertisement

Jeff Hardy is a future episode in the making ?

What are other possibilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Petermc83

Matt riddle!

Jannetty episode was good. What a bunch of weird trashy junkies they got for the episode though. Al Snow aside. Beefcakes missus wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any able to send me a link to dark side of the ring episodes

To be fair if these people know Marty then I don't think it matters whether they were junkies or trashy. They clearly knew him and had an insight into his life, which I think is much preferable to having a bunch of rent-a- mouths.

The producers tend to get who they can, while missing very important people. What was Lance Storm doing in the Bash at the Beach episode?

I would have thought because he's a good speaker and was representing a roster that had to endure **** like BatB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭briany

Prior to series 4 beginning, I thought the episode list looked bland, but they've been mostly pretty interesting. BatB was the standout for me.

Have to be honest, kind of on Hogan's side in that scenario. Only because he was the one guy in the situation who was his own man and had an idea of what to do. Was he acting in his own interest? Hell yes. I'm not sure what anyone expects a wrestler who has a creative control clause to do. Of course any top wrestler would use it to protect their own spot. WCW made a rod for their own back by ever stipulating it.

Bonus was the inevitable segment of the Jim Cornette where he just riffs on what an idiot Russo was throughout the episode.

Season 5 reported list of episdoes

• Kurt Angle (his past with drug and alcohol addiction)

• Brutus Beefcake

• Harley Race

• Buff Bagwell

• Chris Adams

• Sandman

• Black Saturday (when Vince McMahon purchased Georgia Championship Wrestling to get access to the TBS time slot in 1984)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Petermc83

I thought Vice was gone so I presumed there would be no more Dark side??

Vice Media declared bankruptcy last year and was then bought out by two investment funds who have kept it alive for now.

Once valued at nearly $6B they bought it for $350m.

Season 5 trailer.

You don't walk out on Vince McMahon!

If you do, You're going to pay for it.

Starts March 5th.

10 episodes on...

Chris Adams

Sensational Sherri

Terry Gordy

Black Saturday

Chris Colt

Sandman

Earthquake

Brutus Beefcake

Harley Race

Buff Bagwell

Starts March 5th with the first episode on John “Earthquake” Tenta

For fans of other shows

Lineups for A&E Biography & Rivals:

Biography: WWE Legends

• February 25: Randy Orton

• March 17: DDP

• March 24: Davey Boy Smith

• March 31: Roman Reigns

WWE Rivals

• February 24: Triple H vs. The Rock

• March 17: John Cena vs. Randy Orton

• March 24: Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz

• March 31: Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

• Advertisement

There is nothing darkside about John Tenta it really shows him as a gentleman who sadly died young from cancer.

Definitely, but I'm still liking the episode. I mean most dark side stories are basically similar - they had a few years at a high level in the business but then they struggled with drug abuse and dwindling fortunes. So at least this one is something to break up that pattern a little bit.

I liked the Buff episode however I’d say it’s a more sad story than a dark one.

Everyone seems to genuinely love Buff as a person.

The stories aren't always dark. Sometimes they're just unfortunate or tragi-comic or, yes, a bit sad. Thoroughly enjoyed the Bagwell episode. Completely OTT but unique among the stories the show has covered so far.

• Advertisement

Is there no new episode this week ?

Beefcake seems a genuinely nice guy and that parasailing accident how is he alive after that.

With everything himself and Hogan have been through it's a shame they don't talk now.

I think they should have gone with the title of this season as Dark side of the Ring presents Wrestlers stories....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mason Parsons

I couldn't believe how intense and gripping that double episode was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tried to watch The Sandman episode and had to switch it off. He's some spoofer.

Said he was a chippendales dancer then turned man whore getting paid for sex before being a wrestler.

Says how it happened was that he was in a club one night and was looking to have sex with a woman. So she drags him into a room accordingly and it turns out she's a scout for chippendales (of course she is) tells him he has a great body and the looks yadda yadda.

Tall tales.

I thought Sherri was the best of the season, it was absolutely rough to see what she had to sacrifice for wrestling, and see how her son is doing.

Tenta was second best for me, just an unfortunate story about someone who seemed like an incredibly good person with a beautiful family left behind well before they were ready. Bam Bam third for similar reasons but I guess he didn't help himself either.

The rest I could take or leave.

PWInsider reporting ViceTV have starting recording interviews for a sixth season. They are reporting that Ludvig Borga, Dennis Coralluzo and Billy Jack Haynes are among those being discussed.

Advertisement