Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent increase misinformation

Options
  • 10-08-2023 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

If I am going to Dublin from the country I understand that I will be paying Circa €1800 /mt for accommodation according to Professor Ronan Lyon’s and his DAFT company. That is TOTALLY incorrect because this €1800 is based on the Average cost of reported advertisements of ALL accommodation advertised ie 1, 2,3 and 4 bedroomed houses; 1,2 and 3 bedroomed flats; 1 and two bedroomed apartments/studios.

So , for clarity, if the average accommodation is a two bedroomed house and costing €1800 as per DAFT .ie and you would expect two tenants to rent it , THEN THE AVERAGE COST PER TENANT IS €900. Now , I as a student going to Dublin, know what the real cost re seeking accommodation is.

Comments

Advertisement