Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Not a moment of sun here in West Dublin. But fairly warm, and dry from late morning on. Nice to get the grass cut and not need a jacket. The pics from Kerry look fab.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today was disappointing in Meath as there was zero sunshine but the warm temperatures were very nice and it was dry which for the moment is the main thing. Can't really complain too much as today was a million miles better than almost any day since late June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Current Temperatures as of 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Late sunshine today. Best day in ages.

Beautiful starry night.

18⁰ NE Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Lol that comment aged well -its dark misty pure pish in Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yes but my comment was from yesterday….it’s a new day now….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Blue skies and sunshine in D24 this morning but much cooler than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's beautiful and sunny when I wake up in Galway at 9:30, so I get up out of bed and get ready and it's suddenly completely overcast.

Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

so it's not looking like we're gonna get any decent spell of summer weather in August at this stage is it?

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's foggy here in Cork. Humidity is crazy though. AccuWeather has it at 95% and google is at 99%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not bad now in Kildare with sunny spells

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That's the view from office in Cork. Starting to rain now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Savage day in Naas, first proper day of blue skies in a good while.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Same here in Carlow. With very light rain. The lack of sunshine is annoying me now. Way less than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Make the most of the early afternoon, rain drizzle mist moving in from the south west

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Rain drizzle mist is exactly what it is. Hung clothes out two hours ago and I’d say they aren’t much drier now than when I hung them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A much better day than yesterday plenty of warm sunshine, although not quite as warm, currently 21C. Still best day we've had since mid June.

Pleasant in Dublin, but cloudy. A little blue sky, a good bit brighter than yesterday. Warm but breezy. First decent day since 27th July - it was cooler due to wind, but had proper blue sky sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What's the weather issue in Cork just heard on RTE news that flights at Cork Airport have been cancelled due to adverse weather conditions any updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Fog drizzle just your normal daily weather for an airport built on a hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Poor visibility, low cloud and drizzle

EICK 101330Z 17013KT 1100 R16/1400D R34/1400D -DZ SCT001 BKN002 BKN005 17/17 Q1011 TEMPO 0800

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Real thick fog earlier, 100m visibility, can't land at Cork in that. Weather's since improved a little, enough to allow landings anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Almost a total wet day here in North wexford. Mist, fog, drizzle alternating with cloud and feeling cold no2 in the breeze. Lovely day for the second day of summer.

This time last years highs 😞 came up in my Facebook memories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

A miserable and depressing August to add to a washout July. Wonderful. Why does anyone want to live in this country lol.

Is this shaping up to be one of the worst "Summers" in recent memory? Here in the south at least. Feckin' sick of the rain and grey skies while the rest of Europe has a heatwave. Not that I want that here, but just a little would be nice FFS.

Gone fully cloudy here now after a lovely sunny day and 24C earlier. All downhill now for the weekend but there is plenty of hope on the near horizon with the GFS 12z following on from the 6z with another banger if you like very warm weather during the second half of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Whereabouts are you in the south chalkitdown?

Where are you? We had no sun today here in carrick on shannon, we had a lovely sunny evening yesterday 😎 seen 2 shooting stars last night as well

Light rain has arrived in Dublin. The sun never did, but it wasn't a bad day on the whole. Warm and breezy now still.

My photo memories for this day last year show I was suffering badly in hot sunshine on Dun Laoghaire pier. Big difference this year - I haven't been out on the seafront at all since late May with the cool wet weather.

• Advertisement

Dunshaughlin in Meath, total opposite weather here, Yesterday not a second of sunshine although it was very warm. Today plenty of sun until about 4pm and warm again, has gone cooler and fully cloudy now tho.

Advertisement