Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Quick question for those with sticks knocking about. Do you need to set up a new stick each month, or can you add a stick without plugging it in and going through the set up every month.

I had thought they were stackable, but I don't see a code and so I assume you must physically use a new stick each month, connect it to wifi etc.

Be double handy if you hardly had to unbox them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

You have to unbox them and plug them in and log into account . you can stack the vouchers. I just use the same remote and cable for all

Thanks. There was no way they could continue with the environmental impact. I'll use them up for a bit in the holiday place as they might go stale, unlikely but they are a year old

That 22 per month for 12 months for just Sky Sports doesn't seem much of a deal in comparison to when it was 15 for those sticks with both SS and BT sports extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

CEX will buy the sticks for €8 each. So, hopefully at least some of them won’t end up as landfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,628 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What I do is I have 1 box that I have fully opened and taken out the remote, power cable, batteries etc to use with the others, then when loading on new sticks I just take the stick itself out of the new box and plug that in to add the voucher. The vouchers are preloaded on to the sticks and can be assigned to an existing account or new account when first run. After I have added them I factory reset the stick as I am going to head to CEX soon, they are still giving €8 a piece for them.

A word of warning is that on the packaging there's a mention of them being valid for a period of 1 year from date of sale, I believe the last of them were sold around January this year so it would be a good idea to add all the vouchers you have now to avoid them expiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

Does any have all the sports plus boost and would like to share an account with me? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

That's what I did last season. Was grand. With all the deals and then split 3 ways on revolut it cost us barley anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Dermot224

If you select day membership on Sports you will be offered 3 months @ €15.If you select day membership on Sports Extra you will be offered 3 months @€11.99

• Got Sports + Sports Extra + Boost for a total of €74.97 until 11 November.

Codes NOWW23ACQMAS (for Sports) and NOWBOOMYOX (for Boost) are working.

Thanks for the codes guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Dermot224

Can I ask where you got the code.I get emails from NOW but never get any codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Codes are usually at the very bottom of the email

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Sky Sports for 15 euro a month for 6 months

NOWSMPDHYUQWA. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 YGG

NOWSMPDHYUQWA (for Sports) €15 a month for 6 months

NOWBOOMYOX (for Boost)  €3 a month for 6 months

The 2 codes above worked for me

• One thing that surprised me is that Now TV doesn’t stream in NI via the app. It’s the RoI and EU countries only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭wassie

Roaming in the UK ended when the UK left the EU.

Now TV have a separate UK service, in part due to broadcast licensing arrangements. Similarly the UK members are no longer entitled to stream Now TV in any EU countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭thefa

The very good sports extra codes seemed to have dried up. Haven’t seen the sporadic €5/month code in a good while which might be gone with the change to TNT.

Is the best at the moment the €12/month via the day pass route?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

I have a quick unrelated codes q that someone might be able to answer.

I use NOW TV stick regularly on numerous TVs and like a lot on here have a few spare which I like to bring on holidays for example.

Have been trying a spare one I have and on 2 TV's I have tried now I can put in WiFi code and then it goes to NOW screen but after that just goes and stays on a black screen and only button that does anything on remote is Sky Store button which brings me in there. Anyone know a way to get me to Home Screen where all the apps are listed?

I know they changed layout of Home Screen few months back so wondering did this have something to do with it as never had this issue before.

Loaded up a stick today, not experienced anything like that.

It should look to update itself once you connect to wifi, and then it'll put the code up on the screen for you to match to your online account to activate the voucher.

Seems you'd need to contact support for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Got a 2nd stick working like you said as was given the option to Update Software.

1st stick could open apps with voice control but still no luck with NOW homescreen seems like it needs software update too but wasn't giving me an option to do this.

Having 1 stick working is all I need though so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭thefa

Login on the website, go to manage account, then your subscriptions and find the day pass option;

On the next screen there should be an option to upgrade to €12 for 3 months;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Got it, cheers thefa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Shame this is the second year in a row of no up front double package for Sports and Sports Extra.

It's nice to have it locked down for a year.

M

That's odd, I would do a factory reset on them seeing as you have already taken the vouchers from them. Pressing the Home button (top right) on the remote should allow you in to the menu to factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Or keep the button on the stick pressed until light flashes a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone else find the quality better on the now TV stick than the Now app on LG TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭iHungry

It's the LG that's the issue. I think if i remember correctly the now app doesn't support 60fps on LG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Would it be any different using a firestick on an LG?

Advertisement