Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

People walking down a busy street with their heads buried in their phones not looking where they're going. Wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Wondering if it's too late to start a new book.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Depends on alarm time and also whether or not you need a small bit of time to enjoy the afters of the last one.

No alarm but I'm awake since 4 with the most painful sore throat I've ever had in my life, including anything from before I got my tonsils out, so I started it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anti vaccers still whining and crying salty tears. Get over it you babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Towns destroyed with bookies shops. Parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,292 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

+1 does my bloody head in, and you're the one who is wrong if they bump into ya

Also people rushing out doors/street corners without looking

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I swear to fcuk how hard is it to be a half aware pedestrian?. I take quite a diversion to get to my work because I won't walk the main thoroughfare that's filled with these directionless, slow paced twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,289 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My TA too…….The heads buried in phones when walking.. it is a newish phenomenon. It’s piss ignorant. Mobile phones are not new on the scene. Pretty much been in regular use since the tail end of the 90’s…

its only now we are seeing some or a lot of little goons strutting down the street…..gazing down into their phone for minutes when walking, rarely looking up, never aware of their surroundings or any danger or inconvenience that their ignorance might be inflicting on other people… Christ… go into a pub, coffee shop, McDonalds, doorway wherever and sit down, in out of the way.

lots of signs up in the gym, ‘no mobile phones unless to play music with headphones’ used to be adhered to 99.9%… now it’s selfie central and roaring down the phone over the sound system. this obsession that people have with having to be constantly in contact with other humans 99% of their waking day is a bit fûckin bizarre 👀….. so many needy assed annoying fûcks. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

I clapped real loudly in front of one of them yesterday to startle him. Otherwise he would have barralled straight into me. It's so frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Botched operations. Probably more than trivial for the people concerned.

1/ Nostrils taken out instead of tonsils

2/ Bladder removed instead of gall bladder.

3/ Reverse colostomy gone wrong - https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/story?id=3935535&page=1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

1/ was an early 80s rumour in primary school

I've had my tonsils out but it feels like someone has dug them up, injected them with anthrax and put them back in.

My entire neck is sore to the touch. Haven't eaten anything today and I'm parched too because I can barely even sip water. Supposed to have a call about a job tomorrow and a wedding on Saturday and both are looking seriously doubtful right now. Rang my GP literally the minute they opened this morning and the earliest appointment they could give me was 5pm on Monday. I'll either be better or in hospital by then.

I empathise, sounds absolutely brutal.. Could you use a straw or funnel to bypass the bad bits so you can hydrate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ice chips maybe?

Sounds absolutely horrific.

Would you be able to gargle with salt ...it's an oldie but they are usually the things that work

It's swallowing that's the issue so unfortunately a straw isn't going to help.

That's a dose and a half, I'd be worried about waiting so long for the doc. Can you avail of an out of hours doc?

Don't know how to multi-quote, sorry. I'd still have to swallow the melted ice and I'm genuinely struggling to do that. Like, have to grab onto something and brace myself for the pain of it.

Was gargling with salt water all day yesterday, to no avail. Am actually on prescription painkillers today (had them leftover from a nasty accident) and they are literally not even making a dent in the pain. The reason I still have so many of them is because they normally make me completely loopy so I don't like taking them, but today they might as well be Smarties. No idea what kind of horrible dose I've picked up.

• Advertisement

Used to be lozenges with some form of numbing agent in them, possibly worth a shot, in the mean time get to a pharmacy and ask their advice

Yeah I'd second that.

Plonk yourself in a&E tmw if you are still not getting fluids in ...go early before the weekend frequent fliers check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I had glandular fever 40_ years ago, similar symptoms. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. Had a blood test for it, by the time I got the results 2 weeks later I was better anyway. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It could be the newest variant of Covid, a sore throat is one of the symptoms. Try the throat spray with local anaesthetic.

My TA, the rain is back. 🙄

Spoke to the pharmacist earlier and he gave me Difflam spray and some kind of super-numbing Strepsils.

Just had a call with a video doc and he prescribed me augmentin and difene. Was like "Make sure you take the difene with food". I was like "I would if I could". Haven't managed to eat anything at all today. My dad's gone to get me a milkshake cause I'm starting to get a bit nauseous and shaky now and it's the only way I think I'll get any form of calories into me today.

Oh, and I did an antigen test there about an hour ago. Negatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,289 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^Red card and a two match ban.

A male player stands on the back / spine of an opponent you would be looking at at least double that ban... but couldn't be denying a hard working lioness a potential world cup final appearance...nooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BlueEyeGleams

What in the.. shotfeck was going on there. Ladies please!

The misery train continues. Picked up my prescriptions this morning and had to take them on an empty stomach cause I still can't eat. Two hours later I'm pulled in at the side of the road, puking my guts up out my car door.

I obviously can't take any more of them until I get something into my stomach but I genuinely can't swallow anything solid or even remotely warm, so that's soup off the table. Might have to subsist on yoghurt and smoothies for a few days. I'm fcuking miserable.

Bloody hell !

Interview/wedding banged on the head?

• Advertisement

I managed to get the interview done before I started feeling nauseous but barring a miracle on the scale of Lazarus coming forth, I can't see myself making the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement