Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What pricing should I expect?

Options
  • 05-03-2019 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have a 2005 VW Golf that failed the nct.

It needs to get the wishbone bushes replaced on the front 2 wheels and also need the anti-roll bar bushes and links replaced.

I've been told the entire wishbone needs to be replaced by a mechanic over the phone and that will cost 90 quid per wishbone not including labour.

Just wondering whats a reasonable price I can expect? Would like to avoid being ripped off so if anyone knows of any decent mechanics be sure to let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Hey Guys,

I have a 2005 VW Golf that failed the nct.

It needs to get the wishbone bushes replaced on the front 2 wheels and also need the anti-roll bar bushes and links replaced.

I've been told the entire wishbone needs to be replaced by a mechanic over the phone and that will cost 90 quid per wishbone not including labour.

Just wondering whats a reasonable price I can expect? Would like to avoid being ripped off so if anyone knows of any decent mechanics be sure to let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Where is important for labour pricing.

Usually with those Golfs it's the rearmost bushing on the front lower wishbone that fails, which are readily available separately. They are around €70 each from VW so I'd expect to pay less than that on the aftermarket. 2.0 - 2.5 hours fitting labour would be fair for that job, for the wishbone bushes, anti roll bar bushes and links.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

Keep away from main stealers (Main dealer) 90 is a bit much per wishbone tbh
    you could nearly price them yourself off a motor factors and ask around for labour costs
    im from cork so can speak about garages down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

The entire wishbone cost around 50eur
    Anti roll bar bushes about 5eur, links 15eur each.

It should be 1 hour job but expect to pay for 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Thanks guys for the replies.

I'm based in South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭thefa

Have a 2010 Passat that failed the NCT on both rear wishbones for corrosion.

First quote I got is ~€400 (South Dublin). Is that reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mk7r

Yeah reasonable enough, the camber bolts rot into the bushes so are impossible to remove with cutting through them, not a very fun job

Advertisement