Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been on a phase of my "humans are the worst parasites" thinking again of late, I have yet to see or hear a decent counter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don’t know why I’m fascinated by history. But seeing people like Churchill being called a hero , when like Stalin , he oversaw millions of deaths, by military domination and the typical British weapon of starvation, makes me puke . I wonder if these people who worship Churchill etc know he was an admirer and kindred spirit politically to Mussolini

i apologise to all you good ‘Wherers’ but Britains lies rile me up . You can take the boy out of Monaghan……etc😡

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This made me laugh 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Continuing my quest to find the ultimate breakfast pork sausage, still think that Irish sausages are winning.

Traveling in this part of the world, it’s quite interesting to see countries that had an English or French presence, and compare them to the countries that continued to self rule. So if you want to dump all of the British nastiness in one side, you have to dump the positives in the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's an interesting one. We have what we're fed as it were, very hard to imagine how different the mindset and coverage is from another angle. I would be interested for instance to see how it is on the ground in a pro Ukranian war Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's the saying....one man's suicide bomber is another man's freedom fighter!

Grem I thought of you immediately 😂😂

The timing of you posting and me reading are absolute chefs kiss.. I was ok for a bit but I'm utterly crippled now.

Sitting up waiting on wordle . I’ve already fallen asleep twice today so will probably be back here at about 4am 😡

• Advertisement

Wordle time 😉

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the sofa of my lovely little self-contained B&B here in the town of Krommenie, 20 km north of Amsterdam. It's alongside a canal and less then a 5 minute walk to my sisters house.

Weather is lovely and sunny over here and had a great day with my sister and her partner today. 😎☀️💕

Here's some pics...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

That's a cute BnB there!

Wish we had that kind of blue sky here at the moment. It's grey and overcast on Leeside and there's rain on the way. Can't believe that this time yesterday, I was having a pizza on the riverside.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Yeah I was sheltering from the sun yesterday 🤣

@Sephiroth_dude 🙌🙌😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

I presume he has a degree in pspspspsychology? 😸

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Absolutely stunning day here in the Zaan region of Holland. Clear skies, very warm sun, 23C and a very light breeze. Perfection - and such a tonic for the depressing gloom of July and early August. 😎☀️☀️☀️

Chilling on my sister's upstairs balcony with music on my headphones, doobie enjoyed whilst she and her partner prepare dinner. 💕😊

Im not dumping anything on one side . Imperialism by European countries not just Britain, while it may have brought some good in our eyes , has slaughtered many many millions .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

😂

Well what can I say? have to earn a living somehow 😄😄

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

I think that tribalism has had more of a negative impact on africa than imperialism. look at Rwanda.

• Advertisement

Rwanda and elsewhere . I think east Africa had serious trouble down the years too . But it’s Britains denial that they too committed genocide and ethnocide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Off to an old friends funeral, tragically gone too early.

Life is short lads

Thinking of you and all their family and friends.

Busy busy here

Back to my usual hotel, my fun trip is over. Trying to get back home but no seats to be had.

Day got more hectic haha fcuk it, I enjoy it for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Plans have changed so I’m in for the night thankfully as I’m wrecked after much wine last night.

Having a cuppa with toast and raspberry jam

Had to do the big shop after work, no poxy courgettes, haha the word suggested after poxy was courgettes, second suggested was payslip 😂

Oh fried courgettes and aubergine are lovely. I’m hungry now 😥

• Advertisement

🥳 🎉

Advertisement