Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Crotta have not won kerry hurling title with 55 years and are not favourites against nighbours Lixnaw but have some great players and most think they will do it .I went with crotta lifting the cup at odds 2.38 .Match live fron Tralee on tg4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Bet of the weekend in my local county Clare senior hurling championship is Scariff to beat Inagh Kilnamona this evening. Boylesports were offering 10/3 for Scariff but that price has been snapped up and are now 5/2 with PP and 2/1 with boylesports. Scariff are one of Clare's exciting young teams. They were U21 champions last December and the likes of Mark Rodgers and Patrick Crotty along with Keelan Hartigan, Patrick Ryan and they have Donal Moloney as part of the East Clare club management team.

Inagh Kilnamona have the likes of David Fitzgerald, Conner Hegarty but crucially are missing Aidan McCarthy and that could be huge. Questions marks remain over manager Louis Mulqueen and whether the players are fully buying into his methods.

The team that works harder and prepared to put in the blocks, hooks and tackles will be victorious by 8:15 this evening. The weather here in Ennis is very showery so that is something to bear in mind ahead of any bets this evening.

But to me Scariff have huge potential and I fancy them to upset the odds and not only make it 2 wins out of 2 but to inflict a second defeat of the campaign against the 2021 Canon Hamilton runners-up

• Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Super stuff well done

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jack747

Plenty of club action on this weekend. Anyone have any fancy's in their local championship?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Wolfe Tones 5/2 with PP to beat Ratoath in the Meath SFC seems quite high. Ratoath needed a last minute goal to win their quarter final against Dunshaughlin and also lost their last group game convincingly. Wolfe Tones have a good mix of young and experienced players and were the last team to beat Ratoath in the knockouts on their way to winning the championship in 2021.

Otherwise, Summerhill are 15/8 to win the championship outright and they've been by far the most impressive team so far (they finished top of Tones' group). They should have way too much for Donaghmore/Ashbourne in the other semi final. Only concern with them is their recent record in finals where they've lost four of the last six finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I’ll take two mile house at 13/8 to beat castledermot in the Kildare IFC semi at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

TMH wont beat Castledermot. Castledermot a cut above every team in the IFC in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Seem them in the flesh a few times this year, they're too strong for IFC. They'll beat Allenwood in the final for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KOTS3

Would really fancy Newcastlewest in Limerick final this year

Are due a big performance and think all the pressure will be on Adare who could be looking at 3 final losses in 3 years

NCW -1 10/11 on paddy

NCW to lift the cup 4/7 on Boyle

Any fancies for the club finals tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Have put a hefty €20 on Brigid’s to win tomorrow at 13/5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Where did you get the 13/5 - could get 10/3 with Boyles. Messaging with 10 mins gone game here but think Bridget's are value here - Brian Stack, Robbie Dolan, Shane Cunnane, Eddie Nolan, Rhuari Fallon, Ben O'Carroll, Conor Hand all on the Roscommon senior panel. From memory Stack at 6, Ciaran Sugrue and Brian Derwin former and and might return to the senior panel. Paul McGrath, Bobby Nugent and Pearse Frost very good underage for Ros - it's basically the full team outside of Keps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gonna do a Double for Football Divison 3 this weekend

Antrim Evens (away to Limerick) and Sligo 31/20 (away to Clare) - QuinnBet actually best price on both which was a pleasant surprise.

To get the first thing out of the way, Home Advantage isn't a huge advantage in the lower divisions - In the 28 Home/Away matches in Division 3 last year, 16 were Home Wins (57.14%), 11 were Away Wins (39.29%) and the 1 Draw then too.

In Round 1 in Div 3 last year, 3 of the 4 matches were away wins.

Sligo won all of their away matches in Division 4 last year (4/4).

Both Limerick and Clare although they were Division 2 teams last year have been stripped badly now, so I fancy both will struggle in the early stages of this year at least (things may improve later on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Who's managing Clare this year?

Mark Fitzgerald (Kerry based)

I know for a fact they're getting low numbers at training sessions even (17-22 generally) - It'll be a tough start to the season for them I feel.

Dublin -5 evens

Derry to win 7/4

couple of plays for me tonight

• Advertisement

Nice shout on Derry, I had planned to back them but didn't. It was squeaky bum time at the end though!!

Thanks. I agree they got away with one. Dublin were shocking I thought they would have won east giving the players Monaghan were missing.

Clare won (Lim lost)

From following Twitter, Sligo seem upset over some decisions but I didn’t get to an anything. Annoying.

Some low level Hurling picks for the weekend

Roscommon 4/1 vs London (Division 2B) - Paddy Power (Only 11/5 on Boyles). London historically poor in their opening NHL match (haven't won one since 2013).

Mayo 4/7 vs Armagh & Monaghan 11/8 vs Louth - Double @ 2.73/1 Boyles (Division 3A) - Paddy Power only 2.25/1

Longford 8/11 vs Lancashire (Division 3B) - Paddy Power - Big on this

Post edited by callaway92 on

Backing

Antrim-2 at home to Offaly

Armagh-2 at home to Meath

Fermanagh+2 at home to Kildare and

Westmeath-5 at home to Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Think Wexford 11/4 v KK is value today

Longford only drew and Monaghan lost so those two bets lost

Rossies won tho so a very rare 4/1 straight win in Intercounty Hurling!

2 wins, 2 losses, meh. Antrim going down to 14 was a sickener

Singles for lower level hurling this weekend:

Division 3:

Armagh @ 9/4 vs Sligo (Boyles)

Cavan @ 13/8 vs Louth (Boyles)

Longford @ 8/11 vs Warwickshire (Boyles)

Division 2:

Roscommon @ 15/8 vs Tyrone (PP)

Lucky 15 could be a bit of fun on that if you’d be happy to go 5/4 for Roscommon on Boyles rather than 15/8 on PP.

Would seriously recommend making sure you shop around for best prices. Big differences.

Longford were 6/4 on bet365

• Advertisement

Painful. I didn’t check after I said to shop around and all. I probably did them before the B365 markets opened.

Cavan Win

Leitrim Win

Armagh Draw

Roscommon Loss

Small profit on singles

Tryone are 4/5 at home to beat Galway this weekend, Galway have been very poor so far

Few lower level Huring picks again for this weekend. So far there has been money to be made over the 1st couple of Gameweeks.

All Singles this time

Sat 24th - Div 3B Leitrim (6/4) at Home to Lancashire - Boyles

Sat 24th - Div 2B Tyrone vs Donegal Draw (8/1) - PP/Boyles

Sun 25th - Div 3A Monaghan (7/2) at Home to Armagh - Boyles

Sun 25th - Div 3A Louth (9/2) at Home to Sligo - PP/Boyles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This will be the wknd of draws. Predicting draws in Tyrone vs Mayo, Dublin vs Kerry, Fermanagh vs Cork and Louth vs Cavan.

Superb day Callaway well done sir

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StuttgartKY

Is it just me or does Dublin at 5/2 for the All Ireland look like a very big price?

3/4 ain’t bad at all

Leitrim won

Tyrone/Donegal Draw

Monaghan won!

Louth hockeyed I think

• Advertisement

Feeling a bit of grá for Offaly this weekend.

Offaly +9 vs Cork Evens

Offaly Win 9/1

Offaly HT/Cork FT 15/2

Under 0.5 Goals 16/1

Back to what I love best in the lower level hurling Divisions

Wicklow @ 9/4 away to Tyrone (Division 2B Sunday) - Paddy Power - I'm guessing Wicklow will do an overnight job, so I wouldn't worry about the morning travel. Since their disaster start to the league, Wicklow have picked up back-to-back draws at home to Roscommon and Derry. The draw against Derry in particular was really impressive with Derry not far off their starting team. Now that Wicklow have the majority of their best players back in the panel, I fancy them here. Nothing to play for mightn't help, but Tyrone have been poor-ish in the Division this year.

Donegal @ 5/4 home to London (Division 2B Sunday) - Paddy Power - London have lost both of their away matches in the division. Granted, if they beat Donegal they do get a final spot, but I think Donegal might have the slight edge here.

Roscommon @ 4/1 away to Derry (Division 2B Sunday) - Paddy Power - Derry guaranteed 1st spot. Motivation probably not at an all-time high and will likely give a lot of 2nd string players a go. Not sure how poor their 2nd string players are, but 4/1 says I'd give Rossies a go at that price. Rossies can still get top 3 (and therefore Division 2 next year) if results go their way which should be something to push them for a result.

Monaghan @13/8 away to Cavan (Division 3A Sunday) - Paddy Power - These matches when Mayo and Sligo aren't involved are such a toss-up. I'd probably have this match 10/11 for both sides, so the 13/8 attracts me. Shouldn't be much in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭laketreeroger

anyone know if bookies open today? Have a decent amount to collect.

Westmeath - 5 and Tipp - 5 today

Tipp 4 up at ht against the breeze and lose by 5!!

• Advertisement

Very little sneaky value to be found in the Ring/Rackard/Meagher Championships which all get underway this weekend, however I do think that London @11/8 vs Tyrone (Boyles) is the value to be found

Traditionally they get their bad performances out of the way in the League, and they did that against Roscommon. They beat Tyrone comfortably in the League (albeit a home match). It definitely is worth noting that their 3 losses in the League were all away matches, however they are nicely up-and-running at this stage and they did win away to Tyrone in the Christy Ring last year (comfortably), so I'll go with London as a fancy for the weekend at the lower level competitions.

No value to be had in Rackard, with Roscommon, Donegal and Mayo all certaintly (in my eyes) getting off to winning starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Nicely done, London 2-23 Tyrone 2-12, excellent write up.

Nickey Rackard

Sat 27th April: Louth +10 (Home to Mayo) @ 10/11 Paddy Power

Historically over the last couple of years, Louth rarely suffered from a trimming. Although they aren't near the level of getting promoted, they put in a game performance away to Roscommon who are 100% gonna be in the Top 3 (losing by 6), and unlucky to lose by 1 point at home to Armagh in their last match.

In their 2x home Rackard matches last year they Lost by 3 and Drew the other. In the National League this year at home they Won by 3 and Lost by 8 (to Sligo).

A dirty 3 hour trek for Mayo here. They should be winning, but could see it more along the lines of 7 or 8 points, so I think 10 is a more than fair line for Louth to beat.

Sun 28th April: Roscommon -2 (Away to Armagh) @5/6 Paddy Power

Really bad 2024 for Armagh so far all being told. Horrible league and really were lucky to get away with a 1 point win away to Louth. Rossies HAVE to win this match to give themselves a shot at getting a final spot from their last 2 matches, whereas Armagh probably know they won't get top 2 and probably know they won't be getting relegated (that'll be Monaghan or Louth). Added to that, if Roscommon have a good first half they'd need to start pushing in terms of Score Difference. They had a solid/unflattering 6 point win at home to Louth and then a good 10 point win away to Monaghan. Can see a 5 or 6 point win for Roscommon here potentially. Armagh win would surprise me a bit.

Lory Meagher

Sun 28th April: Fermanagh win (Away to Warwickshire) @11/8 Paddy Power

Dunno on this. I don't get Warwickshire at all. Fermanagh have good coaching staff. Maybe the fact they've to fly the night before makes it a bit awkward, and Warwickshire did beat them in the League final by 5 points but I think conditions were rancid. Fermanagh probably an evens shout here, so 11/8 seems good (they're 21/20 on Boyles for example).

Roscommon since gone 2/5 Straight win and -3 on the handicap market, so probably a little less value there now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement