Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Thanks. Today's interview was the 4th round - 5th if you include the online psychometric testing they made me do - so there's going to be major sunk cost involved if I don't get it.

Jaysus that's an ordeal.

Sounds promising though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I got a call that my phone flagged as spam , so I put on a very fake Indian accent . Of course the fella ringing me was Indian 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Left positive feedback for the wrong transaction on Discogs.

Item was only posted this morning so I don't have it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,494 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Go away, Luke O'Neill and the Sindo, no one cares any more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah but women have only tiny little feet. 🙊🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't have a subscription to the Indo, so I might be missing what you're annoyed at, but if it's the spread of the new variant of Covid, try having someone who's very sick and frail and whose life would be on the line if they caught it, you'd soon care. A lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you go for a pint and naively sit under the telly. Then they put the telly on and its horse racing. Suddenly, everybody in the pub seems to be staring at you while occasionally shouting "up ya boyo" or "ya durty fecking whore ya"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The standard of refereeing in the LOI. Watching Pats vs Bohs.

ref hasn’t a fúcking notion. Completely reactive, again as I type. Just no ability to judge what is a genuine foul and what isn’t.

player hits the deck, no matter if a dive or fair challenge is the catalyst for the fall, free kick… foul but players don’t fall…play on. 🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Nina Wadia featuring as a commentator on every single bloody actor and YouTube clip review program. Is she the cheapest or most available "celeb"? SHE'S NOT EVEN GOOD AT IT!! (she's clearly just watched the clip she talked about) 🙈

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Tirozets (or Tyrozets)? I scoured pharmacies about 3 years ago* looking for them and the all told me they were discontinued (I had hoped there'd have been some last stock somewhere!)

*to the point I'd joked that it was a conspiracy given what was happening at the time.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mero-something I think. Possibly unavailable now too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Tyrozets were the gold standard of non prescription throat remedy. Triple A, antiseptic, antibiotic, anesthetic. I hoarded several tubes when they were taken off the market, 4 years now ? I'd get some terrible throats from runny sinus and rhinitis during pollen season. Last used them when I got Covid late in the game last Xmas, but they had become ineffective and out of date. I discovered a new version of Strepsils, Strepsils Extra, which have anesthetic in them and well as antiseptic. They worked well.

I've had one sore throat go full Streptococcal on me while camping and using mouldy campsite showers, way back in 2013. I had no lozenges to hit it early that day, fatally slept on it thinking I'd drive to a chemist next morning. I ended up in a private A&E in Dungarvan, thought I was dying, a full week couldn't speak, eat, drink or swallow, including the horse strength antibiotics I was prescribed. Pain was atrocious. I NEVER want a throat like that again, hence I always have a little arsenal of lozenges to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Saturday 07.40 am and new neighbours start work demolishing their pillar with a sledgehammer to presumably widen their driveway so they can park more / bigger vehicles... way to ingratiate yourself with your new neighbours.. looks like a DIY job.. firing steel tools onto the ground now ... not two fùcks given.

From what has been experienced of them so far it's not gonna be a nice experience. family who left were absolutely class neighbours..these cùnts can fùck off and get terminal throat cancer quite frankly.....

08.40 and now the heavy machinery is out sounds like a kango hammer.

Don't worry, as the doctor said to the man who swallowed his false teeth, "It will pass".

Weather apps

Lovely and sunny so I check the app to see how long it's supposed to be sunny for.....40% rain due at 2.....

Will I or won't I put a load of washing for the line on.

2 minutes later the heavens have absolutely opened

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Over in Tesco earlier and there was a q at the self service check outs. There was a machine or 2 free. People just standing there. I had to tell them they were free. I felt like skipping them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Saw a lady (who I know to see) drop €40 on the ground earlier. She was paying for a takeaway coffee from a horsebox.

I ran after her and said "You dropped this". No response. I know she's not deaf.

No response the second time I said it.

Had to tap her on the shoulder in the end. Handed her the cash and said "You dropped this at the coffee hatch."

She grabs it out of my hand, stares and me and walks off.

People that always need to have the last word 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just because it’s you, I’m not letting you have the last word 😷

Crowds, I have not readjusted to normal level crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

As mentioned earlier in the thread, people who dart out at speed from doorways and corners while looking in the complete opposite direction. I always shout "Watch where you're going" at them. Some people simply have no awareness of what's happening around them.

Also in this country, very few people seem to know how to use stair escalators properly. Instead of standing to one side to let people in a hurry pass them, they just randomly stand anywhere on the escalator. Absolutely no awareness or consideration for others and even less fcuks given.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This a million times, ppl don't seem to have awareness of their surroundings/ adjust their position for the common good. It scares me that ppl don't teach their kids to be aware of their surrounding at all times. Not being aware of your surroundings is dangerous and a hazard to other ppl.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

My wifi at home's speed fell off a cliff a few days ago. Reboot of devices has done nothing. No issues on the site, nothing on down detector or other social media. 🤬

• Advertisement

That would be your connection between the router and the cabinet/exchange/distribution depending on whether your modem is connected to cable/copper/fibre. Your ISP can look at this data rate and see if it's good or shyte. You can log into the router if you know how and see also. I diagnose "water in the toolbox", its nearly always that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement