Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering a scope from Europe

Options
  • 09-08-2023 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone here order a scope from opticstrade.eu?..was there any problem get it shipped over with customs or taxes?

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭freddieot

They are in Slovenia so no customs or tax issues.

I've bought three over the years and no problems. If in stock it takes about 3 to 6 days for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BSA International

Bought 5 scopes off them over a number of years. Hassle free & great service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Thanks for the replies,..im a bit more confident about putting in an order

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Just be wary of their shipping time, if item not in stock. I placed order on 13/06, and got message "ships in 1 month or more" and have still not received. ( I know 1 month or more leaves it open, but just be aware). I contacted the manufacturer and they stated no problems with supply to dealers

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭garrettod

What's the attraction to this seller, price, or scopes that aren't available here, or both ?

Out of intetest, have you all found a particular bargain?

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭freddieot

Word of mouth has probably got them business as a lot seem very happy with them, including myself. BREXIT has helped them a lot I'm sure as there are no taxes, customs or fuss. They do bipods, mounts and other stuff as well but never needed anything like that from them yet.

Like any seller they are not always cheaper but I've personally found in most cases that they are. I saved 300 a few years back compared to prices here for a S&B PM 2 and had it within a week, compared to an estimated wait here of several months as it was not in stock.

A vortex red dot was 40 cheaper on sale about 3 years ago.

I also bought a Sightmark red dot that wasn't on sale here.

I don't buy everything there. Recently bought a vortex viper as the price was good from a dealer here and they also had one in stock. I noticed it on their website and bought on line. On line is really where it is going to be in this industry as the years go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Rescueme0007

I've had the pleasure of dealing with them on a couple of occasions, cannot speak highly enough of them. Excellent customer service and as they're in the EU no extra taxes or charges. I'll certainly use them confidently again if the occasion arises.😊

The variety of different items makes them a one stop shop and with no customs and only 1 set of postage to be paid, they can work out cheap.

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭jb88

ordered a rail from them, last week. No word yet. Might be another week or so till Delivery. First time using them

When you ordered did it state it was in stock? or did it state will be delivered in 1 month or more or something like that?. One thing I can say about them is that they will always contact you weekly to update you (even if the news is bad). Communications are 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭jb88

Delivery within one month ordered on the 13th August. Lets see what happens.

Advertisement