Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Personally I'd prefer liverpool, I wouldn't like to live in London it's too big but of course I understand why players want to be in London I was obviously joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The reality is that with ffp restrictions he is probably getting suitcases of cash to sign for Chelsea, it's ridiculous how that club is being ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

I guess at this stage his silence shows a clear reluctance to join us. I'm not sure we should be spending 110 million on a player that doesn't want to be with us. How does this end well? He would have to start well, otherwise if he starts poorly, people would question his attitude, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I don't get how long Brighton is going to allow this to carry on. They will have to make a decision soon, either only allow the player to leave on the only agreement they have at the moment, to us, or allow Chelsea to continue negotiating as they have done for months. Or have the player stay and wait for next year when Chelsea has even more money to spend. I think Chelsea knows this year is the last year of big spending and they will not be able to afford him so they are throwing everything at this, but this is dragging it out and is exactly what Brighton wanted to avoid doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

It's not up to Brighton though, they accept our bid but the player outlined that he didn't want to play for Liverpool. They can't force him to sign for us. So they either wait for the revised Chelsea offer, which will definitely come or he will stay there and see what happens in January...it's like the Mbappe to Saudi a few weeks ago, PSG would accept to crazy offer but Mbappe made it clear he didn't want to go there.

Lavia 1/4 on to join Chelsea now too, WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He hasn't actually said he doesn't want to play for Liverpool but rather his first preference was Chelsea. Romano is the one who said that Caicedo doesn't want to play for Liverpool and he's just pushing the Chelsea narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

On tomorrow's game. It's natural I guess for people on here to focus on the negatives, it's the same for all teams on fan forums. And so a lot of the focus is on what we don't have, a DM, and not what we do have. Our attack is good, and we have sorted out 2/3rds of our midfield problems getting 2 players that will bring a whole lot more energy to our midfield, which will hopefully help out the defense.

Our DM problem will be solved tomorrow by a player that has been with a club a long time. We will still have 11 players on the pitch, not 10.

And now onto Chelsea, they have a good coach that seems to be a very likeable guy, general morale over there could be a lot better compared to last season. However it is total chaos over there personel wise. I think there is no way that they can be a cohesive unit 1st game of the season. IMO they will be a lot better in May than in mid August. We are playing them at the perfect time.

You can say that the result is all that matters and I'm sure we would all be happy with a dour 1 nil win. But I would love to see a statement performance from us, really get right in their faces because our 2:2 poor performance draw with Fulham opening game last season unfortunately set the tone for what was to come.

I'm excited anyway, this is where Klopp earns his corn, from team selection and tactics but also motivation. He has plenty of fuel he can use with all the transfer stuff, if he chooses to use it then hopefully he can translate that, and whatever else, into getting the players into the right mentality where we can play this motley crew off the park.

Finally the talking, endless transfer speculation, and whatever else goes on over the close season can stop and we can get back to the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

It is up to Brighton, they can tell Chelsea if they cannot match our bid in the next 18 hours then no deal. Then they can tell the player if Chelsea does not match the bid they have two options, agree to the transfer or play for Brighton this season. All of this is in Brighton's court, not Chelsea and not the player. You could have a player deciding not to play for the team but I promise you all of the major clubs will then walk away from the player as they will not want him in their team.

Stop looking at the odds, it is just a bunch of maths Boffins or an algorithm that works out the best odds for the bookmaker to make money. From all reports Chelsea seems to be in pole position for both as they have bid the most for Lavia (apparently) and Caicedo has made it known they are his preference. Other reports has it that the player will be happy to come to Liverpool, but he has already said yes to Chelsea so want to keep to that agreement. Who knows what is true but the odds is not an indication of what will happen, only the best odds for a bookmaker to make money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

So the player so flat out say he doesn't want to join us and we withdraw the bid and move on. This waiting around isn't helping anyone.

Is it possible we are preparing a bigger contract behind the scenes and this is all about more money for both the player and agents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Where has the player flat out said he doesn't want to join us? And if we are the only club with a bid in why would we withdraw it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Romano definitely seems very pro Chelsea in all his tweets so there's obviously some connection there. I wouldn't pull the offer **** Chelsea if they want him let them take the financial and FFP hit. How they can sign both players given the spending I'll never know.

I know a lot of us give out about FSG (and lately with good reason) but by god Chelsea are run like a hyperactive teenager who found his mother's purse and heads to the sweet shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No one has said he doesn’t want to join us apart from Chelsea mouth pieces. He’s stated his preference which is different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

That meant to read, so the player should flat out say he doesnt want to join if that is the case. Then we move on to other targets.

• London is a kip these days. Most people are trying to get out. Also plenty of places in Europe that are better to live. Food is great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Chelsea appear to have hit a wall in terms of their financials. From reading the reports, Caicedo was due to travel to Liverpool yesterday morning but Chelsea contacted his agent and asked them to hold off while they put together another bid for Brighton. That bid has yet to emerge and Chelsea appear to be attempting to press Liverpool to withdraw their offer so that Chelsea's previous offer is accepted by default.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make. Brighton can't force him to do anything, our offer is still on the table, but for whatever reason has not progressed further than that. Brighton are not obligated to offer Chelsea an 18 hour window or else. They know the player wants to go to Chelsea, if that offer does come in, well he will be a Chelsea player, if not well he will be playing for them for another while yet. The onus is on Liverpool to tell Brighton that we are withdrawing the offer within the next 12hrs or whatever if there's no sign of movement from the player.

Also betting algorithms are based on the likelihood of an event actually happening. Not just some random "math" formatted to make money.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea this is my take too, Chelsea won't beat our bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What's Chelsea's highest bid for him so far?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The more you look at it, the more this is all about the lad's agent.

I don't think Caicedo cares where he goes in truth.

It's about a payday for his reps and he's in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

It was £80m I think. I’m glad that LFC have at least f***ed them out of £30m plus anyway.

This transfer window in particular has really proven just how useless a contract or transfer rules actually are, they mean nothing anymore, in any league not just EPL.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yes, which means even with their Tyler Adams money they are still short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

In fairness, it's the agent's job to get the best overall deal for their client, ie the player. He might or might not be a greedy cvnt, probably is as dodgy as hell, but that's not the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think the agent's tactics have royally stiffed Brighton to the point that we might be doing them a favour as well, by withdrawing the bid.

All the same, my opinion is keep the bid there, **** them all. Let's cause as much hassle as we can, based on what I've read we entered the race in good faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Their bid on Lavia gives me the most hope - I think they're struggling to get the Caicedo cash together and need an alternative lined up - no way are they buying both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I get that this sounds stupid, given the sums involved etc, but I genuinely think that bid comes from a spiteful attempt at revenge. "Liverpool think they can f with us, we'll show them..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Chaps agent reminds me of the fuckery Suarezs agent used to pull

• Advertisement

Agreed. If Chelsea really wanted Lavia they would have made an offer to Southampton earlier, they also had a significant sell-on clause for Livramento so they had some room for negotiations. Their offer for Lavia was accepted by Southampton immediately but then there was no reported contact with the player's agent for several hours. A medical could have been organised while negotiations with the agent took place and the deal completed in time to register the player yesterday. Instead they proceeded with a medical for Tyler Adams and then pulled the plug on that transfer deal. Those two transfer offers appear to be grandstanding on Chelsea's part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Almost certain that it was reported on Thursday's auction deadline, we bid 111m and Chelsea bod 100m.

They wouldn't have just reiterated their old unsuccessful 80m bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I think pulling out of the Adams deal is what freed up the extra 20M?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

From a human point of view it's so out of order to Lavia

Not that we're being good to him either, has to be said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I mean, we need at least two midfielders.

If we or Chelsea don't get him now then they will eventually.

Also, it's Southampton's right but they are the on valuing a kid at 50m based on a relegation season. If he's angry he can take some of the blame out on them.

From the looks of it Chelsea expected to be the only club making an offer on Thursday night. It was reported that their offer was £80M plus £20M in add-ons. Liverpool's offer was £100M plus £11M in add-ons and a sell-on clause.

£80M seemed to be the high watermark on Chelsea's commitment to spending for the player. If they had offered £80M plus Levi Colwill I think Brighton would have gone for their offer. Over 24 hours later there is still no sign of their improved offer to Brighton which suggests that they don't have the ability to do so and are trying to get Liverpool to walk away instead.

The sell on clause is probably a nice have for Brighton but will Chelsea agree to one as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

For the club to refuse 50m for Lavia but be willing to suddenly offer British record for Caicedo for me is proof enough Klopp and club do not rate Lavia highly enough if willing to go to such extremes. We could realistically have bought Gravidol and lavia for 20m more than what we are offering for Caicedo.

If Caicedo doesn't play out , I really hope we don't settle for player we don't want or rate enough to have bought already and have a different plan in place for someone that instantly slot into starting 11.

We spent a fortune on Nunez potential only for him to be now almost last place in pecking order of Salah, gapko, jota and Luiz and don't have the depth in midfield for young player who may need 1-2 season to adjust.

As much as I'd love Caicedo, we are doing things by the book vs a club that's spent nearly a billion in a year so finding 30-40m more to outbid us seems eventually what will happen. City and Chelsea absolutely destroying any sense of fairness in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Would love to know what Edwards thinks of all this.

Ya I think this is it, I've had this lingering feeling that the club don't really rate Lavia as anywhere near a 50m pound player and this Caicedo nonsense kind of confirms that. Now the worry about that is why have they spend so much time lingering over the deal is beyond me, would you like to think they have other targets in mind considering they don't seemed to convinced by Lavia as it seems to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

If Chelsea bid 115, will Liverpool come back with 120?

Is this possiblity the reason Chelsea may just settle for Lavia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Romano reporting Chelsea will have a new bid in the coming hours in excess of 110....

Chelsea will get him, and we'll probably get Lavia.

£120m or whatever it is, is just plain madness for a DM. The price for Rice was nuts but he's English, so that extra gets lumped on.

Caicedo and his agent can do one. If Madrid or the Saudis were to come sniffing in a year, he'll down tools.

I'd sooner get Lavia and let him learn the ropes under Klopp. Will it impact the team a bit more? Maybe, but I'd far rather players that come with less baggage tbh.

Romano has said Chelsea are submitting a bid soon about 20 times in the last 36 hours.

He also said that Caicedo only wanted to play for Chelsea and then went and changed the tweet to say his preference was Chelsea.

He's a Chelsea mouthpiece on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Everything that's happened over the past 24 hours has confirmed that pretty much everyone 'in the know' is talking through their hoop. I also think Caicedo's avarice is probably being overstated but we don't know that for sure either. I hope we don't bid again.

We offered a club record fee in good faith, Brighton accepted it and then the **** show began. We might end up with Lavia - I'd be ok with that based on nothing more than scouting reports online - but I just hope that we don't sit on our hands until the next 'perfect fit' becomes available as that'll be at least another season playing when there's an identifiable home in our midfield and we're all pretending that Curtis/Thiago are doing really well actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He said that 18 hours ago. No new bid actually materialised since.

• Advertisement

Kepa looks to be on his way to Real so probably won't be playing tomorrow.

Advertisement