Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

Just read last night that the price in China for Oct delivery has dropped, and the thinking was that it was to tie in with the first refresh deliveries there. It’s just some random website, hard to read much into it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Model-3-Highland-to-see-14-price-drop-per-Chinese-report-citing-October-deliveries-and-in-progress-trial-production.739796.0.html

the m3 has gone 6yrs between first deliveries July 2017 and this upcoming refresh (the current design was announced March 2016), and now only accounts for 20% of tesla volume as the Y grows and dominates.

add in the fact that the tesla CEO says they will prioritise volume over margin, and my humble opinion is that there’s no way the price can increase, and this refresh might well just be some new bumpers and a few trinket functional changes. If it’s any more than that, and also cheaper, then I think Tesla will have once more shat on all its previous customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Heavy degradation on this Model 3. Home charging has other benefits other than convenience.

https://youtu.be/30qoC8qMRug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Place your order now if you will be buing a model 3. You lock in the price and if you want or need to, you can delay delivery. You then get pushed back in the queue if you want to wait for the face-lift model.

Post edited by liamog on

Stay Free

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

First deliveries in late 2019 in Ireland. Refresh in late 2023 puts it firmly in line with similar brands LCI models (BMW for example).

The refresh is not a new car, I don’t know why anything thinks differently. It’s new bumpers, maybe some cosmetic tweaks here and there like the photos released (door cards etc), exactly like other brands LCI mid life refreshes, again BMW for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Need to go on a long return trip cross country. When I navigate there on the car it says I will arrive at 37% battery, but after a short stay I will be turning around & coming home. (Funeral home removal, no nearby charger).

I can’t see how to navigate for the return trip - I thought there would be an easy ‘return’ tab. Need to figure best options for charging. Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You need to edit the trip, and add your home location (or where you want to end up) as the final stop…. It’s fairly easy to do, and will therefore calculate longer supercharger stops to ensure you get to the ‘final’ destination.

Plan the initial trip, then hit the ‘edit trip’ tap on the nav menu/screen

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Ok. So I’ve done that and it re routes me on my return trip via Athenry supercharger, adding a bit of distance. I may well take this route, but will it navigate via other fast chargers eg esb or IONITY? Or do I need to use abetterrouteplanner? App for this (have never needed to use such an app to date - can download easily though).

Thanks for quick reply, by the way👍.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I would go with ABRP app and see waht it throws up. The car will route you to Atenry to a SC as it knows its there, it doesnt know about all other chargers around on your route, or nearby. As far as I can tell, it will only add in those other chargers if they get alot of use from other Tesla drivers over a period of time.

If you need a hand, give us your start* and destination* and we can make suggestions. (Towns*, not exact addresses :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The TM3 can be quite economical but 1% for 100 km sounds a bit too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

How are people finding service with Tesla ?

I've owned a 3 since 2019 and the first few years were fantastic. I am currently over 3 weeks waiting for a date for a service and no way to contact them. Its beyond a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrymayo23

@Fingleberries Did Tesla cover the crack in your window? I've just found a crack in glass roof of Model Y. It looks as if it was struck by a stone. Insurance company won't cover it as they say it's not a windscreen/window. Tesla agent on phone said they'd discuss amongst themselves, then sent a service appointment with 1700 euro fee! Any tips on getting Tesla to cover this would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dozz

Just an update. Much better figures here.

2021 SR+ Trip from Kildare to Leitrim and home again at the weekend.

67% battery covered 247km. So 100% would get me 368km

Very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

You're dropping 1400 m though. You also have some motoway so I d say aboit 15% would be used. Looking at previous drives they are quite uneconomical. A GOM would have estimate based on those something like 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Tesla didn't cover it because it appeared that there was evidence of a stone chip and not a manufacturing fault with the car.

The insurance company covered it for me (AXA) as counted as the rear windscreen. I got All Glass to repair it - Tesla had a repair appointment tentatively booked, but recommended trying with All Glass too just in case they could get the part quicker (which they did)

The model 3 has three parts of the panoramic roof: Front windscreen, rear windscreen and a third lane of glass in the centre.

I believe that the Model Y has only two - a true panoramic roof.

The insurance company are likely playing silly buggers and chancing their arm saying they won't pay, hoping that you'll go away.

If the part is a rear windscreen and that is covered by your insurance / windscreen protection then I reckon that they should cover it.

At the time I got mine repaired, the guy at Tesla mentioned that some insurance companies were acting the maggot in this regard - even for the 3, if it was the centre roof glass that needed repair (not the windscreen or rear windscreen panes)

Post edited by Fingleberries on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrymayo23

Good to hear that AXA covered the damage. Model Y roof is a seperate pane of glass that is not connected to the rear window or windscreen. We'll go back to our insurer - evinsurance.ie, some smart branding by powersinsurance.ie. The durability of the glass roof was something I was not sure of when deciding on the Model Y. I imagine it probably could withstand a tree falling on it, as we were assured. But if I had known the glass roof cracks so easily I would have made sure we had a policy that covered the roof without losing our no claims bonus.

The owners of EVinsurance are active on the Irish EV owners Facebook page. Might be no harm reaching out on there as it will catch others out too.

further 5% price cut in China today for 3 & Y, following v poor July deliveries there, apparently.

I think all brands will have to adjust their pricing. We will be entering a stale period in new car sales here with current and constant interest rate hikes in mortgages.

VW are in prime position though with offering 0% loans by controlling the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Has anyone else had their tesla referral removed from their signature? Supposedly against the rules, but it only happened after I commented on the feedback forum about threads being deleted by some mods.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Mine was removed from the R*****l thread. Apparently it's like "Fight Club" , not to be spoken of,or linked to.

If only the R thread could be "Stickied" so others could find it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

That 1400 m was the reason alright. The charge actually dropped from 43->40% over that 100 km stretch.

The full stats after returning to the base for this round trip were:

every second poster shilling their referral link to new posters is against the rules I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭staples7

Interested in this also, as I renewed my policy on a Y recently and it was called out sunroof not covered. With no option to cover it, supervalue incurable underwritten by axa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

My car alarm has gone off 4 times today since the latest update 2023.6.8

Anyone else similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Leave it sitting for a few minutes with the windows open in case it's a fly causing it. It's a well known cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not well known if I didn't know about it :) I'll give it a go thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭eagerv

Try turning off the interior sensors if continues. You are a little behind on updates, I am on 2023.26.7

Really well known unfortunately.

Get out from that rock 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Hi All,

I am considering getting a model 3 and I have a couple of things that I have been wondering about.

1. I'm thinking of waiting until the new version of the model 3 is out as the new version looks nicer based on the rumours on the internet.
    2. Do Tesla monitor the mileage you do, I've done a few PCP's and they didn't care, it didn't matter really apart from reducing the final price slightly. I heard that due to Tesla's really low valuations at the end of the PCP that most sell privately, which is what I'd plan to do anyway.
    3. Have people installed the Tesla home charger? I'd imagine that that's the best one for a Tesla.
    4. I'm considering getting the Dual Motor LR, I'm thinking that this will give me that extra comfort from range anxiety, is it worth the extra outlay?
    5. I test drove a Model 3 LR and the brakes seemed quite poor to me, has anybody else noticed that?
    6. Any other advice for the buying process?

TIA.

Advertisement