Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Transfer Theead

Options
  • 12-08-2023 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Stones out for Chillwell maybe. My bench isn't great with Beyer no fixture. I'll wait and see......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

Only worry would have Foden not starting but with KDB potentially out I imagine he'll be fine. I'll be hopefully banking this week depending on remaining fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

KdB out. Too early yet to decide on a replacement but Martinelli, Rashford/Bruno, Son, Jota on the watchlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Honestly tempted to just bring in Ederson and have the City defensive cover over and done with. Would mean Stones to Shaw/Martinez, and Onana to Ederson the week after. How bad would Martinez be as an option? The extra 0.5m saving could come in handy in future, especially for Foden to Martinelli at some stage in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Edit: wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Edit....wrong thread ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Gabriel on the chopping board, the injury to timber most probably means Tomyasiu slots in. Might just go to Saliba

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Wilson to who I wonder, Alvarez, Pedro, Jackson, Watkins or Gakpo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was there any reason given why he didn't start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Planning to roll the transfer as my original strategy was to bring in James and Richarlison from game week 3 so assuming no injury news that's still the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

From what I've read it was apparently just a tactical decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Maybe Foden out for Diaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Judging by the way City were happy to keep possession I'd be looking at a city D double up. Maybe Newcastle isn't the right game to do it for.

Have Ankanji but don't know who else to bring in, maybe back to Walker for certainty of starts

I'll have to sort a Mings (was a sub for GW1) replacement at some stage but for GW2 I'm thinking Eze out for Diaby.

Villa with a couple of tasty looking fixtures for GW2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭macraignil

One I am considering as well but Eze was very unlucky not to have at least an assist in the game against Sheffield with two clear cut chances he created saved by Sheffield's keeper. He was on all the free kicks and looked to be very attack minded when he got the ball. Think I'll bank and have two free transfers for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Did that before only for Pep roulette to strike and inexplicably leave Ederson out of the squad entirely. No one is safe there bar Rodri.

I don’t think that’s gonna happen again though. City had the league wrapped up and had the CL as their priority. Ederson will play every PL game barring injury suspension or else rested when they’ve won the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,263 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I think Rodri will be guaranteed probably 30 games or so this season. He could be a bargain at 5.5 million. Thinking he could be amonst the goals this season and assists. I'll do away with Richarlison anyway.

What are all the Gabriel owners doing? I am pretty set on getting rid as I have only fodder on bench. Thinking the following options (Just 5m to spend): Saliba, Ake, Colwill, Guehi, that’s probably the order of preference at this stage aswell but the 0.5m saving with the last two is very tempting. Any other options I am missing?

I just realised I already have three Villa players so no Diaby for Eze without a -4 which I don't fancy doing.

Think I'll follow you and bank as well.

I’m going to give him another week at least. If he comes close to dropping in price, I may re think.

Plan is to start him for the moment but might switch to Colwill if we hear more during the week. I don’t understand how he can play so 70+ games in a row, pre season and then just be dropped into the new season. Doesn’t make sense hence why I think it has to be a one off.

• Advertisement

yep going from ever present to non starter is strange, however with the signing of Rice (who will def play) and Partey being so influential last year and an arteta fav, maybe it’s not a one off - I guess time will tell

Possibly Richarlison for Luis diaz. Rodri might be better value though at 5.5 and leave me with 2 million in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

All my players returned so far bar my 4.0 defender so I'm not panicking with any transfers hopefully.

Watchlist of who impressed me from what I saw this weekend (watched 5 games)....

Chilwell - looked like a AML rather than a WB, assist was promising (in that he's in the box for corners), disallowed goal promising (as he was running in behind defenders centrally), and missed a big chance when he appeared at the back post unmarked. Looked excellent.

Diaby - Villa faded in the second half but he looks one for the watchlist, couple shots on goal, took his goal well, played very advanced.

Isak - Looks the business, proper centre forward. Elite CF

Diaz - I thought he was the best of the Liverpool front 3, took the goal well, 4 total shots a nice budget Salah if you need to go without.

Maddison - As advertised, the main man in the Spurs team, played centrally, everything went through him, took most of the set pieces and had a few shots on goal.

Mbeumo/Wissa - both looked good, plenty of shots between them Mbuemo probably should have had a second and good to see he's on pens.

Chukwemenka - Not so much in his finished product but the opportunity he got and style of play kinda reminded me Dele Alli when Pochetino gave him his chance as a second striker at Spurs. Loads of people to come back into that team, but looks a bargain at 4.5

Bowen - I was put off him by the uncertainty at WH, but he looked good. Another budget-ish midfielder

Not a transfer per se, but for those with Onana and Turner.

Are you playing Turner at home to Sheffield United or Onana away to Spurs.

Spurs looked very attacking so I wouldn't be confident with a United CS.

Forest at home to Sheffield United surely a CS banker...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Stones owners, what's your plans? Very tempted to bring in Chilwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I have Johnstone but its easier but given what we saw at the weekend I'd be targeting anyone Sheffield United are playing

A bit of a conundrum

Put Richarlison on the bench and put in Colwill going four at the beack. Leave transferring Richarlison until next week giving me two FT's.

Or transfer him now and go with either Elanga, Rodri or Pereira. That's leave me with 2.5 million in the bank and allow me 7 million to get a decent third striker in and beef up my bench a bit.

Currently have Archer on the bench as filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭duefrine

Done that transfer this morning, chilwell looked good on match of the day last night....

Who knows how much game time stones is going to get....

Easy transfer

• Advertisement

Wait it out and make 2 in GW3.

He won't drop in price due to low ownership so no need to worry there.

Advertisement