Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options
1413414415416417419»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭crusd

You completely ignored the point. I did not in any way question the authors of the article you linked. I was talking about your tactic of presenting links without context, which was then provided by the individual who replied to you, with reference to detailed comment on the issue, which you ignored because that would require some critical thinking to address the point they made. Which is that anyone can reference any study to back any point they make. They need to be understood in the context of the broader information however

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Spiderman0081

So by me saying that I hope the “emerging evidence” in the study is untrue, I somehow misrepresented the findings of the study?

Do you want me to say that I hope it is true? Would that make you happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

How are you stumbling across these, and only these types, of studies?

Do you casually read the hundreds of medical studies and reports that demonstrate how safe vaccines are, and through that come across a handful that can be interpreted either way?

Or is there another, more obvious, explanation..

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Spiderman0081

There are many vaccines which have been proven to be safe, and I am interested in studies that show this. Vaccines which I, and my family have taken.

There are also vaccines from around the world that have been proven to be dangerous, and have consequently been removed from market. I am also interested to know why they were removed from market, and which studies explain this. There are vaccines which are administered in some countries, yet are banned in others.

How do I keep coming across this information, that show both the positive and negative sides to different vaccines? I find it important to know and I thought it was called reading, but I’ll call it “stumbling” from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Can you point us to where you posted a 'positive' study \ article about vaccine safety here?

Or challenged a misinformation claim made about vaccines here?

Because your narrative of "both the positive and negative sides" doesn't fit with what you have posted to the thread, all of which seeming to fall into the negative side.

So it seems an entirely reasonable question as to how you only seem to keep coming across information from only one side.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

@Spiderman0081 you've effectively link dumped, which is against the Charter. If you have no discussion to offer in relation to whatever link you're posting please do not post the link.

If you have an issue with this you are welcome to PM me - do not reply on thread.

HS

Advertisement