Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭feelings

Viventor has gone into insolvency, although it was flagged in early December. I presume to dodge any legal action.

Lenndy update - First Finance/SOS Credit insolvency has been approved. Creditors started getting emails yesterday. Looks like investors won't get very much back. 340k pot for nearly 12 million claim - ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Hi started investing in propertybridges last year. Overall experience is great. Just a quick question to anybody using them. Do you know where on the Tax return (Form 11) does this type of income go. Do my own form 11 for rental properties so know my way around it, but just can't make up my mind for propertybridges interest. Will contact revenue if can't get a clear answer.

They are registered in Ireland? so I presume "untaxed income arising in the state". The interest is treated as income tax. Revenue info on P2P lending:

Thanks for the reply and the link. I have gone with this, which seems to be correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭notsocutehoor

I include it in 'Income from sources not shown elsewhere'

Ok thank you for the reply. What do you put in for details of Income sources? Thanks

PropertyBridges - it's only an explanation. Important thing is you are declaring it and it is being taxed appropriately. I think I asked someone in Revenue where I should put it backintheday.

Wizz Air suspending flights in Moldova, tensions escalating in countries surrounding Ukraine. Might be time to sell off any loans in Moldova! 🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 panoramix

Does anyone have any update on Grupeer?

Or how would I go about finding more about their current status?

Join the legal case. https://grp5612.org/

Lenndy just up and closed the website recently. Legal case ongoing.

DoFinance just closed their website this week as well. Legal case ongoing.

Did investors ever recover any funds from WiseFund or Envestio - I'm not sure if those cases are still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Daddy Ireland

Anyone invest with Property Bridges ? Are they risky even though projects seem well covered through security ? Looks like just one project so far has turned sour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ask yourself why are the projects borrwing from P2P at a higher rate rather than from a bank? Because the bank has turned them down in the first place. Hence do you feel comfortable to lend out money to a project that a bank has turned down for being to risky (or the investor refusing to accept the required  collateral/interest rate)? If so; go right ahead.

Post edited by Nody on

Look what happened to Banks, Insurance Companies and so on during the last recession. Do you avoid all of them now?

Your first question is does anyone invest with Property Bridges. So far no one has said they have.

So I will give you an honest answer, yes I do invest with them for the past 2 and half years. I find the platform great, they are very helpful when I contact them. The projects have all information needed for you to make your own financial decisions. There is risk involved but that goes with everything these days. I receive interest every 3 months in my account. I was paid back in full for 3 projects so far and sent my money back to my personal bank account within 2 days.

So projects are development and some are bridging loans.

They secure the loans against the land or other properties the borrower might have. They use a first fixed charge, like any bank does on a mortgage.

You pay income tax on the interest earned, file with with a form 11 or 12 depending on your own situation.

You can start off with €500 and see how it goes.

The old saying for any investments are don't invest money that you can't afford to lose.

Hope this helps.

I also have invested with them, pretty much from the beginning, and have found them very professional so far, as you say just one project turned partially sour, the LTV is generally pretty good which should give one some confidence. Needless to say I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in that particular basket but a useful and interesting (I can go round and look at how my money is coming along in the construction) odd egg hatcher nonetheless.

Advertisement