Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ran a quick ping test the other day. Can't remember exactly but shockingly slow.. Awaiting word back from customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,487 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA today, people who msg local community groups on FB etc asking when such and such is open, or what time the buses leave for Dublin or the train to Waterford. Google it the same as the rest of us, use your own brain instead off ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I forgot to pick up washing detergent.

There is some there but my machine is one of those "intelligent dosing" machines so I've no idea how much detergent is in the machine i.e. how many washes I can before it starts flashing for refill.

I also haven't figured out once it does start flashing do I need to fill straight away (which I always do) or if it's 10 washes away from being fully empty.

Can't find any info on line.

First world problems n all that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to the shop for a couple of beers for the Liverpool game . Big ‘cold’ room for the beer. Except it’s not cold at all . The beer is tepid 😡😡

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Challenge accepted! What make and model is it?

Well it's white with a circular door on the front 😂😂

Ah no:

Bosch i-dos serie 6 eco silence drive wifi 9kg

That's all the info on the front I can't see any of the usual "alphabet" product id on it.

Best of luck 🍀

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is there an e-code on the inside frame of the door?

(My TA is that I always have to add close to 100g extra flour every time I use a certain recipe as the mixture otherwise is closer to a Newtonian fluid than to bread dough.)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I can’t find my resistance bands… I don’t use them anywhere aside from my room so the heck they’ve disappeared to.

Bosch WAU28PH9GB.... machine was running last message but I actually wouldn't have thought to look inside the door

• Advertisement

PM'd you.

Another bread-related TA - for the recipe I went by my memory and forgot a big ingredient that's too late to add at this stage. Hopefully the bread will turn out ok anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I thought I could hear people talking quietly outside my house earlier, yet there didn't seem to be anyone there. I kept barely hearing these sounds until I thought I was hearing these indiscernible voices in my head. Then I realised what it was: sounds coming from my lungs/windpipe due the the chest infection I have. Any gentle breathing was causing the quiet but wheezy sounds, but I couldn't pinpoint it due to the sound of the telly.

I should probably get some sort of medication...

Was it the flour or the water you forgot? 🤔 👨‍🍳

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

I know just what you mean ! My other half has a severe form of asthma and sometimes during the night the rattles from his chest will form the ghost of a word. A few nights ago it was " piiig " issuing forth on every crackly exhalation.

30 years I've known him and it still unnerves me ☺️

Neither. Nor did I forget the yeast. But I was supposed to add some oil and I forgot, adding it after leaving the machine to knead it for an hour was too late. Oh well. Batch two on its way now, I left batch one as it was (we'll see how it turns out).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ambling along a suburban road I see a wagtail picking a worm out of the grass, so I slow down so as not to scare the bird(in case they drop it or fly off and leave it behind)

I creep along a bit as it hops toward a hedge in a driveway, where I presume their nest is. As I do this I'm overtaken by humans speaking loudly, Honestly, it would have taken maybe a long second to let the bird go back to its nest, but no, rush ahead oblivious to what's going on.

FFSFFSFFSFFSFFS

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The latest GAA fad of players including their babies or young toddlers in post-match interviews, complete with those noise-cancelling earmuff things. Dublin player today was even bottle feeding her baby mid-interview.

I'm no expert, nor am I so amazing to have produced a kid AND play sport, but I wouldn't say a match with a big atmosphere would be an ideal setting for a baby/toddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

People who only walk the canal/ greenaway because someone puts up a sign, '5K Fridays' or the like, then they all turn up (once) walking towards you in groups 5-6 abreast, heads down gossiping, and stop in shock when you and partner just stand there on the path left half, not jumping out of their way or climbing onto the bank/ into the brambles. When they complete their few kms crawl maybe two hours later, they gorge buns at the horse box coffee shop, so the heath benefits are nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Every Sunday we have to fill my parents’ tablet containers for the week. The main supply of tablet boxes are locked away securely. I brought back one of the tablet boxes by mistake last night. And I’m not scheduled to be there next weekend (looking forward to a break) So will need to post them somewhere.

This lack of clarity around PSNI data breach

I've read that the spreadsheet was mistakenly attached to a FOI request response and available to the public for a couple of hours.

That doesn't make sense.

Surely a FOI request is made by an individual - and the response would normally be by post or by email? Or maybe a downloadable response from a website once the person logged in?

So even if the spreadsheet was incorrectly provided, then only the person who made the FOI request should be able to see it?

The local shop has stopped carrying my favourite coffee , the Douie Ebberts ? . I’ll have to go to town to get it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I left my water bottle at work on Friday, and now it's missing.

The TFI app. Fûck me, I don’t have regular cause to use the app, maybe twice or three times a year but used it now and let me say there is a very good reason why the app gets rated so appallingly on play / app stores….1.5 / 1.3 are the ratings that appear respectively…

completely user unfriendly, completely useless design…. Im sure the cost to develop the app was significant and certainly at a significant cost of the taxpayers…

as clunky, unintegrated, as dated looking as the old apps, Dublin Bus and so forth were… at least they were very user friendly and you could find what you wanted at the touch of a screen without having to use a magnifying glass or navigate tiny and poorly labeled menus / options…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was convinced today was payday but it's not it's tomorrow. Don't know how I got it in my head. I'm not stuck for it but I'm kinda disappointed 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

I would normally suggest just use Google maps and click the bus icon, but I'm concerned that it's trying to API into the TFI clusterfk, as my query for a bus from the Ennis road Radisson Hotel stop to Dooradoyle said no route found, despite hourly buses from there to the city, and more frequent ones from the city to the general area of the Crescent shopping centre. Similarly a search for train/bus from Newbridge to Bantry only gave a next day option, despite timetable connections. Downloading print timetables is the safest bet, and diy the changes.

Ordered four low value CDs from Music Magpie on Ebay

VAT paid upfront - Ebay collect at checkout

Music Magpie always ship items separately

Get demand from An Post about the first one. Pay the VAT plus the 3.50 admin fee.

Complain to Ebay. They refund the VAT they collected but not the admin fee.

Go to seller about the admin fee. Reply awaited.

and just now get a demand from An Post about the second CD.

Here we go again……

i had a bowl of mushroom soup and pepper . I might of overdosed on pepper . Strange taste in my mouth .

Picked the last Coke Zero from the fridge, took it to my room to drink while getting changed to go out,,, it fell out of my pocket as I bent down to pick up a stray piece of paper and it bust open… .. thankfully the cleanup was minimal as it didn’t roll far from my feet but there are no more cold cokes, the new unopened case is in the warm utility room…. The ice tray was draining having been washed… so a hot coke it is…bleurggh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Tax. Anything to do with tax.

Ah it's not that bad ...unless you are paying it out of you own pocket, but calculations are usually straightforward enough once you remember all the rules,reliefs and exemptions 😂

• Advertisement

Watching Tipping Point and he asked what southern continent had the domain letters au . He said Antartica , but .au is Australia ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement