Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Fitters

• 14-07-2023 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

I am looking for recommendation on bathroom shops to use to get 2 bathrooms fully updated in my house so i need tillers & plumbers its better use a shop than chase trades men thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

I used Bathrooms4U and am very happy with them from start to finish.

They do the complete job and bring in all the different tradesmen on time and in sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

Any view on timelines end to end from making contact with them through to completed project ?

Understand that no 2 are the same but would be good to get a general idea......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

Our was done during Covid, and IIRC, I rang them around April/May, paid an initial deposit maybe around June with a lead time of 3-4 months from that deposit. Bathroom was started and finished in about 5 days early November.

The lead time probably depends on how busy they are in your location but they give you an estimate when booking an appointment to get an estimate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Be very careful handing over deposits before any work has been done. I wouldn't be doing business like this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

I got Pinnacle Group in limerick city to do main bathroom and ensuite delighted with the work. Paid them near the end of the work. They done everything even took away the old stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

I used them also for main bathroom i have 2 other bathrooms that want doing also one ensuite & one understairs small bathroom they charged 10k for main bathroom it was done on a grant i got a quote for the other 2 off them they wanted 4k to do small understairs bathroom & 8k for ensuite which is close to half the size of main bathroom so i passed on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

€10k to €15k seems to be the average for a bathroom - 4k is saucy enough for an understairs thunderbox though...who did you go with in the end and how dis they stack up quality wise and cost wise ?

Advertisement