Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Become Death

I'm an irish man. Who opposes russian aggression. But will not agree that all russians are culpable for their government.

But of course, anyone who disagrees is a bot?!

You are so brave, sad that you can type big noise, but are unfortunately not able to make any difference.

'*you just edited in your second sentence. Makes no sense. You agree that all russians are culpable for their governments actions. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Post edited by Become Death on

All russians should die.

That was what I have an issue with.

But apparently, that is a russian bot point of view.

There are innocent russian children.

Transpose that sentiment to Muslims after the 9/11 attacks.

Would it be justified to say that all muslims should die?

No. It wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

101.59 Rubles to the dollar and still sliding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

And this is why long term, no matter what Putin designates as Russian territory, Ukrainians will never accept it as such, and it will be a very painful and very expensive occupation for Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

And the Euro Ruble graph

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

How far away are we from Roblox vs Ruble territory again ?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This seems like an unreasonably high bar set to Russians, one that neatly allows the generalisation that all Russians are somehow complicit, or at fault. That if every Russian isn't going on the street throwing Molotov Cocktails, then they must be at fault.

If overthrowing dictatorships and autocrats were that easy, we'd have no autocracies then. They only work because fear, power, institutionalised ignorance and (the threat of) violence is used to keep the majority of the population in check. Starvation also works, if you're North Korea. The problem with Russia is we just can't know for sure what its population makes of Ukraine, going double for whether they even have access to the right information to make those judgements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Gerry T

I don't think I heard anyone say all Muslims should die, I never did and I never said all Russians should die either. I just did what you're doing.

in your book Russians can excuse themselves for doing nothing about Putin, so I can excuse myself for not saying anything about people calling for all Russians to die.

You're wasting your time on here comrade, go back home and start a revolution, overthrow Putin and his cronies. How can Russians have any pride in their country when they are the scum of the world. Maybe you can tell us, you're one of them.

True, I'm venting on another bot, here to tell us how great Russians are and how its only Putin. Then when he's taken out in 6 months we should forgive and let Russia back into the fold.

Not all Dictatorships are causing the death and destruction that Russia is. All the reasons you give have a breaking point, thats what happened in other countries. The only real solution to this is a change of system in Russia, while they hold a Nuclear threat no country is going to invade Russia, the sanctions seem to be hurting, maybe that will wake the Russians up to take action, maybe they will reach that breaking point.

But given a choice, more Ukrainians (or the next country) dying or "innocent" Russians dying, if that's the choice, then it would have to be the Russians. There is a lot riding on this, similar countries (N.Korea, Chine etc..) are watching and don't want to see Russia collapse as it undermines their position. Its why we see clowns like 'become death' constantly reappearing on site like Boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

While that's true I don't think Ukraine would put HIMARS within 20km of frontline unless they had a very high value target.

But yes every KM is 1km less for Russia's to operate "safely" north of the Azov.

It will be interesting to see how their next advancements fair. Roboytne has proven a graveyard for Ukrainian armour and it's still not liberated but Urozhaine was a graveyard for Russian infantry and it fell.

Every town and village will hold its own set of challenges for both sides to attack or defend based on the variations in the topography surrounding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭yagan

Isn't the line "all russians must die" the very paranoia that Putin created to justify his special operations?

Russian public has been played like a Brits were played with brexit.

Make Russia great again, MAGA, and Take back Control.

All have overdosed on their own sense of self importance.

Hang on a minute? How and why am I being referred to as a comrade?

I simply responded to someone who said  "all Russians should die", well I for one won't speak against that"

I found that disturbing and abhorrent.

But apparently that's enough for you to slate me and insinuate that I am "a bot" and a clown?

A clown for saying that I don't blame all russians and don't wish them all harm for decisions that are nothing to do with them?

I can openly and honestly say I am not a "bot". I am just a person who doesn't judge people on their geographic location, their race, their sexuality or their inability to dissuade their government from acting aggressively against a neighbouring country.

If that makes me a clown in your eyes, so be it.

I'd rather be a clown to a bigot than a clout chasing virtue signaling tit.

"innocent" Russians implies there are no innocent russians in your opinion. That's a sick and psychopathic mentality.

We've had many new reg members on here in the past yr, they start with some angle, but eventually the mask slips and its obvious they are stooges, here to derail the discussion. We've had the "don't poke the bear it will throw the bomb at you" angle thrown at us, Also there was "lets stop the killing and have peace talks" etc etc, all designed to deflect from what's actually happening.

You fit the profile, exactly. maybe I jumped the gun, but time will tell. You register in July and hide your threads. I never said all russians should die, I said I wouldn't condemn that position, certainly not when Russians go to Ukr and rape little boys, girls, grandmothers, castrate men.... This is a Russian system. If it stayed within its borders then they can do what they want. But that "culture" spilling over its borders is disgusting.

So, other than objecting to a concept, idea, that all Russians should die. What is your opinion on the reality of Russia invading Ukr, raping and killing their way across a sovereign country ? should all those Russians die ?

I have absolutely no idea what you mean with me having an "angle".

My angle (if I have one) is, the war in Ukraine is 100% wrong and anyone in support of it is wrong in my opinion. All the agressors and people engaging in war crimes should meet justice. I have no sympathy for them in any way shape or form.

I also do not blame all russians for the war and certainly do not wish any ill-will or suffering on any innocent people.

There is no ambiguity or no agenda. But apparently, its a controversial opinion, which is in and of itself, **** scary.

It does rankle me when I see people on here seemingly rabid with happiness when seeing misery of russians purely for being russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So you agree Russia should withdraw from Ukraine?

All Eyes On Rafah

They should never have been there in the first place.

yes.

That's the very paranoia Putin would sow.

In the end it will take Russian to take Putin out because Ukraine isn't going to invade and occupy Russia.

What will be interesting to see if we end up with a new Russian civil war. All the posters here who say "death to all Russian" will suddenly switch to "death to all Putinites, slava Free Russia!" And Ukraine will help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

Well, I'm 100% Irish, and neither a Russian Bot, or a Boards blow in, and lived in Russia for several years. So while I don't claim to know absolutely everything about Russia, I do have a fair idea about what's going on there. And my take on the whole situation is that I've absolutely no sympathy for any Russians in Ukraine. None whatsoever. They need to be ejected from Ukraine, one way or another, all of them, and from all Ukrainian territories, just like Putin needs to be ejected from Power. And yes, there's a large % of ethnic Russians follow and believe in Putin, for one reason or another. For some, its genuine believe in him, for others, its more of an enforced belief. Believe or else!!! But there are many who do not either believe or support Putin, ( mainly in the Republics ) and if even a shred of democracy existed in Russia, Putin could not exist in any shape or form. You can take the form of control that Kim Jong Un exerts in North Korea as an example that Putin is trying to emulate. He hasn't reached that level just yet, but he has reached a level of nearly absolute control over all Russian citizens, at home and abroad. And he ruthlessly exercises this control, as we are seeing daily. I know people who hate Putin and his mafia, but cannot openly discuss it. No public anti-Putin discussions allowed ( and no private ones either, unless you know who you are talking to really well. There are Nrs you can call to denounce anti Putinists, and they are used frequently. Want to get rid of business competitor? Noisy neighbours? Dial XXXXYYY) So, no, I don't support a blanket death to all Russian's men, women and children stance. To some on here on Boards, that makes me a pro -Putin stooge, and to those I say " Be a hero, go to Russian and live there, put your theory's and ideas into practice, start the revolution" see how you get on, and Good Luck, because you will need it.

By the site rules (and please I'm not back seat modding), but isn't repeatedly calling for death for people just because of their nationality breaking the forum charter?

We need to reduce the heat, because there will be a post Putin Russia.

• Advertisement

I would have thought so, but apparently, it's absolutely fine to wish death upon people based on their nationality.

We'll probably be accused of being pro Putin stooges, which ironically is the very soup of paranoia that has kept Putin in power.

I would have thought the most popular view on here is that a segment of Russians are not supportive of the war, and they have no ill will towards these people.

Now we can stop talking about the poor Russians that don't support the war that find that their feelings hurt because some think they should die. Let's talk about the people that are actually dying. And how we can get the Russian scum out of their country.

You say the war in Ukr is 100% wrong, by that do you mean Russia is 100% wrong, that Ukraine is 100% right to be at war. Do you agree that Russia should leave Ukraine and Russia should pay fully for the restoration of all the damages in Ukraine. The immediate acceptance of Ukraine in NATO and the expulsion of Russia from Nato.

I already have been for having the temerity for saying that not all russians deserve hardship.

What a controversial hot take lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I'm not sure if this has been done to death , or even if its completely true but

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Guffy

Honestly think the Russian bots have gotten smarter. Akin to the fellowship who attack russian twitter with humour, the russian bots are attacking threads like these by calling everyone a Russian bot. A number of useful posters here have either left or been threadbanned because they have been goaded by a couple of posters. Thread was once fairly on the ball with info from a number of sources, now it's just people shouting Russian bot.

I tell you what, you talk about what you want. I'll talk about what I want. If I want to comment on people who openly wish ill-will against all russians, feel free to ignore it. Your blanket dismissal of people who "find that their feelings hurt because some think they should die" is childish, tone-deaf and frankly insulting.

Please don't try to dictate what I should or should not talk about.

To answer your questions.

I think Russia were 100% wrong to invade the Ukraine.

I'm not an expert in geo politics so I am not sure how reparations for the restoration of Ukraine would work but in an ideal world, yes, the people who did the damage should be liable to repair it.

It's a complicated and horrible situation.

But I'm sure you can fly your Ukrainian flag with pride and shout from the rooftops that Russians are all ****. You are helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

No, but the ones who support the invasion of Ukraine do up until the point that they change their minds and start pressuring Putin to withdraw his forces. That may involve making some hard stands that will likely face brutal attempts to suppress, but overcoming tyranny usually involves this kind of sacrifice, as the people of Ukraine are currently finding out.

So, chop-chop, Russians.

Honest question; would you put your family at risk of death to voice your opposition against the government?

I mean, honestly, if there was a chance your wife and child would be murdered, would you risk it to tell the government you opposed their actions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,072 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

No, the view is that we should not be concerned about harm to a population that is utterly complicit in supporting the most heinous war crimes. Every single Russian citizen at home & abroad who is not campaigning against this war is complicit imho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement