Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Transfer Theead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did it this morning. Seems like the right move

• Registered Users Posts: 7,263 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Just a word of caution on Chilwell. I don't see Chelsea keeping many CS's this year and that's where you really want your defenders consistently picking up points. Also prone to injuries so it's a hard one to call. A "poor man's" Chilwell could be Rico Henry @ 4.5 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think when Chelsea get Caicedo in it will short up the defence a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not saying he's injured, but Chilwell did hold bottom of his leg just prior to being taken off yesterday. I know Poch said that James was just tired but first game of season, in a big game, is tiredness really a thing to take off your two best players?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭The Guru 123

Oh God chill out man. You have a 7.0 OOP midfielder for one of the best attacking teams in the league. And he played 90 minutes.

Give him a chance for at least another couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'm thinking KdB/Martinez to Martinelli/Chilwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Done it now too. Didnt realise how good Chelsea's fixtures were too.

Who? Give Richarlison a chance? Did you see him yeserday mate? There are better 5 to 5.5million options than him. No way he is a regular starter come september. In my opinion.

What do we think of Rico Lewis at Man City?

I'm looking at a 4.5m replacement for Mings. Do we reckon he's gonna get much game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But like why buy him in the first place? Rashford/Bruno hardly lit the world on fire tonight, but doubt too many will be dumping them. You gotta give players 3 games at least. Home game next should tell a different story, albeit against United.

• Advertisement

Rico Henry Brentford is solid enough and 4.5 mill too. Lots of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

I did Ricky to Maddison, Maddy looked superb whereas Ricky was well of the pace.

He may well score in the next game but I expect Maddy to do a lot better than him.

Just had a look at Brentford's fixtures and aside from Newcastle & Man U, they've got a nice looking set of fixtures for the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Chilwell for Mings or Diaz for Rash?

I don't have Salah but have mc allister but at home to Bournemouth I think I need Diaz

I plan on benching shaw and onana, can't see a clean sheet away to spurs based on tonights performance

F*ck it, Mings out and Rico Lewis in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Chillwell in for Stones done. Chillwell due to rise tonight and I have £0.0 itb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Debating shipping out Almiron for someone like Rodrigo. Or hold fire and have 2 FT next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Bruno played a bit deeper last night and united were pretty bad. Thinking 2x united forwards might be overkill. Thinking Bruno to martenilli/maddison.

Feck it going to pull the trigger.

Richarlison out

Not sure who to bring in though

Elanga

Rodri

Maddison

Periera - Done really well for me last season and I think he's great value. He will play every game too.

He could have easily have had 2 goals the last game, and was in lots of attacking positions and put in a good few crosses, if poch sticks with the back 3 he will be one of the main attacking outlets for them, may even still be in a back 4 if he gets the license to go forward all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Bit of a conundrum at the back in that I have James and Gabriel who it’s hard to know what the story is with regarding their fitness for next GW……and also have Mings.Would have been hoping to bank transfer but Mings -90% to a drop so unlikely he holds his value until after the weekend.

With Timber injured is Gabriel likely to get into the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Was going to hold on a transfer but Gabriel nearing a drop might decide it. Maybe Ake to replace.

Not feeling confident on Onona after last nights display. Was lucky not to concede excluding the penalty denied. Took in Shaw too in for Stones so don’t think I’ll play them at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No one really knows with Gabriel until we hear Arteta's press conference.

With Timber out, it's probably more likely Gabriel starts especially seeing as Palace away is a tougher fixture and Arteta will want a solid back 4.

He could start this weekend and then be benched again against Fulham next weekend with the same setup as Forest last weekend. Doesn't look like dropping tonight and will hopefully last until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Arsenal are the Monday night game so I’m not expecting and true clarity before the game-week kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wish Man City were the early game again as it could give some clarity on Foden. I took the risk on him, but he didn't deliver. Big haul potential but he is somewhat streaky too, so maybe I just have him at the wrong time. Early days so he could take off this weekend.

Diaz was not exactly been a G&A guy at Liverpool in his first 6 months. More a progressive ball carrier / width option. Last season was a write off with injury and then in pre-season he seemed to be getting into the box more and finishing off chances. But that was pre-season. Against Chelsea, the goal he scored showed a real determination to get on the end of chances.

Switching Foden -> Diaz is the move I'll make, if any at all. The GW2 fixture is in favour of Diaz, but then Foden does have a longer run of nicer fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

What's your feeling for the weekend Fitz, will Gakpo start do you think and if he does, will he continue in the midfield role or potentially replace Jota as the main central man?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

The Liverpool team should be the exact same as the team that faced Chelsea. Anything different would be a surprise.

Hard to see who else they would start centrally. I think he gives them more of a focal point to build attacks around especially with Salah coming in off the wings. I think he should start but would be second guessing Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Well for a start I would hope that Gakpo returns to the central attacking role, if he starts, rather than playing in midfield. Either him or Jota could have been hooked at HT on Sunday IMO, and I think Jota might miss out this week. Early days yet though.

I do think Nunez will start though. Bournemouth played a high defensive line last GW too and Diaz/Nunez/Salah are born to exploit that. Maybe it's more hopeful on my part though.

4 into 3 doesn't go though, and Salah is going to start and I would think that Diaz will start too. Then it's 1 of Nunez or Gakpo for the central spot and then I guess the midfield situation depends on whether Gakpo starts in CF or CM, with Nunez being the fall guy if Gakpo does start in CF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

Starting to dread this weekend without any Liverpool assets, any of the attackers could absolutely haul.

Advertisement