Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q lite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why would you hate HD channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Widescreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

€10 p/m. No contract

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

10 euro a month just for record function given all the channels are free to air(one way or another) seems expensive enough.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It may be cost effective if you’re looking at a couple of hundred quid up front to watch those free channels though, depending on what your previous set up was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

if one has a sky q box and just signed up a few weeks ago, can they change to sky basic

or do they have to wait until contract ends etc

That seems reasonable enough to me. I would be happy to pay that each month to keep my other half happy! Currently paying €33 a month for sky signature, no HD etc and out of contract in Oct.

Is that available if you have the Standard Sky HD box or is it something to do with Sky Q?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I rang Sky to cancel lately as found it was just bad value to me, they offered the basic tenner a month which I didn't even know existed! I'm perfectly happy with it, worth it just to have the record/pause functions and sufficient channels for me. Now I don't watch sports or films really so wasn't bothered about that, I also have an old tv so would have had to either upgrade to Smart Tv or buy box of some sort for the free channels so no upfront expenditure and as said they'll fix it if it goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

is there a link to what channels are inculded in the basic package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭apache

I never knew there was such a thing. It is good value but I'd miss my multiroom. Something to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sham09

Does the basic package give you RTE + free Irish channels? I know you can get these on an aerial, but wondering if the 10 EUR / month gives you these over satellite? I know they come with the normal sky subscription... Thanks!

yeah, thats the thing, great for the 'main' room where the cables from satellite dish run to but no good for multi room it seems

I never had multiroom but I did have a digisender thingy that sent the signal to bedroom tv, unfortunately when the latest sky box was installed I lost that, which I didn't know beforehand when they offered the sky q I think. If I had still that I might have kept paying but 40 quid a month for repeats etc just became too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cathy427

Great job. Thanks.

Does it have any of the sky channels?

I assume it doesn't have eurosport and nearly sure doesn't have channel 4.

Seems a good package for anyone use to having Irish and free UK channels on same service with pause and series link etc.

Edit - do you know can you add sports package? Or could you check do you have any offers to add sports or cinema under the services option. Thanks.

It doesn't have Sky channels and I actually wish I could just delete off the guide the ones I don't have!

It has quite a lot of channels but I couldn't come across a list anywhere either, when I was switching the operator said she was going to read the list out to me but I told her not ti bother, I wasn't sticking with the original package regardless and if I didn't like the basic I could cancel anyway.

It has a lot random channels of the Discovery type, Quest/Quest Red/Really as an example and I like those, also has the Food Network which is another favourite. The only one I actually miss is the Comedy channel but in reality how many more reruns of Friends does anyone need to look at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Schorpio

There is already a thread for Sky Q Lite - and in it the below poster has listed the channels available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Can you be a new customer and get the €10 a month channels ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,240 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just wondering this myself and if anyone with an old Sky+ HD box can avail of it. Oh, would anyone know if the HD channels listed above are free or is there an additional charge for same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭apache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,240 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks. I know its €10 extra to view the full array of their available HD channels on the various packs but Im wondering if the likes of BBC HD and RTE HD attract the additional €10 payment. I thought I read somewhere in the past that the Irish HD channels could be viewed without ant additional charge but that was some time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Lads - read the other thread. This has all been asked and answered already. Post below regarding the HD question:

Post edited by Schorpio on

my parents have a Sky+ box and are totally happy with it, no interest in changing it, no interest in Netflix, box sets, streaming, recording etc (elderly people do not like change)

Will this sky lite work with the older Sky+ box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

It comes with Irish and UK 'free channels' in HD. Basically your entertainment package minus most of the SKY channels and C4. You do get Sky Arts though. You keep the Sky Q box and your recordings from the 'free channels'. You also have ability to record & remote record your stations. To get offers on sport/movies you need to have an entertainment package (IIRC) so investigate the cheaper options on Nowtv- again just a month to month contract. Entertainment can be got for as little as €1p/m if you are lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Aurelian

I'd be interested to give this a go for a few months to see if I actually miss those channels. Eurosport I think I would miss. I like the Sky setup in terms of box and recording etc.

And is this service available to users NOT on Sky Q who are using the Standard Sky HD box? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you have SkyQ you can get Discovery+ as a Sky Reward, that includes all the Eurosport content. It's pretty cheap even if you're not able to get the reward.

the first post in this thread says "Sky+HD". They seem to be calling is Sky Basic if you have the HD box and SkyQ Lite if you have a Q box, but the channels appear to be the same.

Anyone know where you can see your end of contract date on the Sky app, I'm sure it was visible at some stage. Gonna go for this basic, just want to know where I stand on the contract first. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

word of advice for anyone contacting Sky - use FB Messenger if you have it. It's still a slow process but it saves hanging endlessly on hold.

• Advertisement

Few questions and a bump

1. Will this work with the older sky + box?

2. Does multiroom work here?

3. Does one have to have sky broadband for this to work?

Post edited by obi604 on

Advertisement