Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COYGIG - Women’s Football World Cup 23 **Mod Warning in Post #58**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It can happen. You have not missed much. Spain never got a single shot on target in the first half whereas Sweden had loads of chances.

That was a great chance just there now by Spain.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Spain 1 Sweden 0

Spain just scored but possibility it's offside.

Goal stands do it's 1-0 to Spain.

Great goal too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wow this WC is all drama. Great reply from Sweden. Extra time.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Oh my!!

What a goal!!

Spain into final. And an extra days rest.

• Advertisement
    Ms

2-1 now to Spain. What a game.

Just 3 minutes of 7 minutes injury time left.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Sweden are physically imposing but Spain handled it.

Ms

It's over and Spain are through to the final. Great game.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,556 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Had to miss that one. So Spain have made it. Sorry to see Swedes go.

Ms

Sorry to hear that. Highly recommend watching the highlights of it this evening.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

The keeper probably could have done better for the winning goal, shot was straight down the middle.

Although maybe we need to be a bit more forgiving of the goalkeepers in the womens game because they simply aren't as tall as the men and what is a bog standard save in the mens game is a difficult one in the womens.

Some turnaround for the Spanish manager, the players walked out last year and wanted him removed (some have not returned to the squad) and now they are in the World Cup final with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

@JupiterKid you're in the final !

And I only added the mods to the sweepstake as I needed to make up the numbers 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Woohoo!! 😁🥳🥳👍👍

Go Spain! 🇪🇸 ⚽️ ⚽️

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BlueEyeGleams

You know I never really doubted Spain beyond the US imploding. And tikitaka isn’t even a japanese invention

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

my kids in Australia say I’m not allowed to support England as Australia is getting a public holiday if they win this game 😂

Ms

The keeper probably could have done better for the winning goal, shot was straight down the middle.

She should have and could have saved it alright if she had not moved of her line like she did which then meant she was off balance and in the wrong place to save the shot.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Well England V Australia is about to get underway way. Hopefully it's a good match.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

No George Hamilton

Fecksake 😢

England not being clinical upfront again.

1-0 Eng.

If they could do that more often they'd be unbeatable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

1-0 England, Toone blasts it into the top corner.

Stephanie Roche really destroying the illusion that they are in Australia.

Ms

So half time and England lead by a goal. What can Australia do in the second half. It has been an OK match but no where near as good as yesterday's match.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭sxt

Australia aren't a great soccer team,only marginally better than Ireland.Their midfield are non existent.

Their only hope is that England get defensive and nervous and gift it back to them somehow

Up the intensity of what they are doing. Need to up the energy levels I think. England look a bit suspect on the counter, but are good going forward themselves. Aus will have to find a way to attack without opening themselves up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Pity the Aussie fans have such little confidence in their team that they had to make a show of themselves by booing the opposition. Good goal by Toome. I hope they go on and beat them now it’ll give them something to boo about.

Good start to the second half by Australia

Aus struggling upfront, but creating chances

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The UK is always above such things...

Australia's players were booed and players from both sides exchanged words as they walked off the field at lunch before Khawaja and Warner appeared to be confronted by members.

"They were just quite aggressive and abusive towards some of our players, which I know the MCC weren't too happy with."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Yeah that was the cricket match where England had genuine suspicions about very bad sportsmanship on behalf of the Aussies. The Aussie cricket team have plenty of previous for cheating and bad sportsmanship .

When did the England ladies team cheat ins match against the Aussies, or anyone for that matter? I must have missed that…..

Havent you over reached yourself a bit there comparing apples with oranges?

Advertisement