Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Was lucky enough earlier today to get these also and have scotland sorted also.

Keep checking every day. It’s all luck!

the 6 ticket per account limited is very annoying now that only RSA is the final piece of the puzzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

But if you want to buy parking for any matches, they have plenty left (if the spam they keep sending me about it is any indication!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

im on the official resale site and there are a good lot of tickets available for the Romanian match if anybody is looking

single tickets and double cat 1s

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mossiepark

Is anyone travelling to the South Africa game in Paris? Looking at flights and aside from costing nearly €600, the flight times home on Sunday are early!

Any tips?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Trains to lyon airport for 50€ from Paris and cheaper flights out of there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

We are going Dublin-Brussels- Paris for one game and Dublin-Zurich-Paris for the other and they came into about €200 at the time of booking...not sure what you'd get now but worth checking if you don't mind the extra airport/flight time!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mossiepark

Thanks all. I've booked an early flight from Dublin to Paris Beavais Saturday morning and just need to sort a flight home Sunday and I'm hoping to get back for around lunch.

I've also went for the Brussels/TGV option for the Scotland and QF games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

London/Eurostar is an option too

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sarc

I purchased two tickets to Ireland V Scotland on 7th October on Friday 14th August on the resale site (€475.20). My account was charged but I received no confirmation email and no tickets in my account. contacted them by email and they are saying no record or purchase on my account. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

€475.20 for two tickets? Was this definitely via the office resale site?

• Advertisement

yeah they were two Cat 2 tickets at €215 each and then there was an admin charge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Don't think there's any admin charge.

I bought 2 tickets on Friday last for QF2. €135 each and the total I was charged was €270.

No admin fee.

Trying to buy some resale tickets, just get a spinning circle. At least tell me they're "out of sale" or whatever the usual message is when someone else is trying to buy them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Cat 2 for the scotland game are 153 each, not 215. Are you sure it was via the official platform? Category 1 are 215 alright.

i havent purchased any via the resale portal but there was no admin fee on any ticket i purchased.

I also bought two tickets to Ireland V Romania for €72 each and there was a booking fee of €14.40 on top

sorry I meant category 1. I bought tickets earlier and no admin fee. the admin fee seems to be only on the resale site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ah that's interesting. Didn't know that.

Sounds like you'll need to involve your bank and see where those funds went.

Could be suspended in the ether somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

Seems crazy, couldn't be a case of them having a wrong email address for you? Generally speaking the moment you buy, you get an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

Any of you frequently checking the site - have you ever seen the final come up on resale?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭BullBauld

And there's nothing in the 'my orders' section of your account? That's fairly mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Still looking for a few Ireland v Scotland tickets. They appear to be popping up more frequently the last week but keep missing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

I can't even login to the site anymore. Once I try to login, I get stuck on a loading page.

Anyway, just wondering if this is the right thread for discussing travel plans/plans when in France?

Currently trying to plan out my two weekends in Paris. Staying in the Montmartre region for both weekends.

Wondering if people recommend areas for drinks/food

Saw the following pubs recommended on an English newspapers website. They're all a metro trip away from where I'm staying, but happy to travel to fun, reasonably priced areas

Eden Park

Little Temple

Frog & Princess

Bedford Arms

Also, does anyone know what the craic is with getting beers at the stadiums. I know for European cup matches, you can drink at the grounds, but in the 2007 it was only non-alcoholic drinks allowed. Will I need to find my old hip flask

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Alcohol is allowed at the World Cup yeah. Though interestingly they didn't try to get an exemption for the Olympics

the money appeared back in my account this evening, which is good but would have preferred the tickets! Will just have to keep trying they seem to come up fairly regularly but I keep missing them

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

I have two category one tickets for ireland v Scotland that I don’t need anymore. I paid €432 for the two of them. Willing to sell on here rather than pop back on resale platform however no option to transfer yet. Need to check but they are near each other but definitely not beside each other. I just assumed they were beside each other when I bought them as they came up as a pair.

Tickets definitely popping up more often on site now but hard to get them in the basket and I find you need to refresh which often makes you have to login again and by the time you do the I’m not a robot about two times they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Boulevard de Clichy in Montmartre near Moulin Rouge is the Irish base in Paris. There are three Irish bars and other pubs and the fans usually take over the street.

The Harp, Corcoran's and O'Sullivan's all there

Update: I see an exemption is in place for world cup so that is something at least. My experience below was in 6N

The alcohol ban remains in stadiums. It amazes me to see the queues for non alcoholic beer at every game, I tried telling people on occasion but they just thought I was joking!! The Zero brands are more known now so people may actually realise

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RedB918

Have been having awful issues with the resale portal. If anyone has any leads on tickets for the SA match I'd appreciate letting me know. Keep missing the ones on the resale, will never let me add them into my cart. Any category tickets will do, looking for two. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Brilliant, that's exactly the type of info I was looking for.

Booked my accommodation over 12 months ago in that region, after seeing something about it being popular with the Irish. Glad to see I didnt imagine it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

This is during the Euros 2016 but you get the idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Blut2

This is a bit better for getting an idea of it than the above image I think. Pretty impressive.

Advertisement