Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reseeding

Options
  • 15-07-2023 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm goin reseeding a field that is on the side of a hill. I was going to disc harrow it and use a land leveller before spreading seed. There are a lot of ridges on it. It has never been reseeded.

I was goin to disc it maybe 3 or 4inch deep in the first run and maybe do 2 more passes opposite to each other not as deep. I goin to pull a land leveller over it then prior to spreading seed. The disc harrow has an air seeder mounted on it so was goin to spread it with that. It also has a crumble roller.

Just looking for a bit of advice on how to approach it considering it's a hill firstly and also on the views of using a disc harrow and land leveller. I was using the leveller to try and leave an even seed bed.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement