Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Perfect. Really looking forward to this. I reckon Trump won't show at all and instead it'll be presented by Mike Pillow and the guy that made the 2000 Mules film.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,773 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Not just a large, complex, detailed and irrefutable report... But a conclusive report!!!

Wrap it up ladies and gentlemen, best let this guy go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Same report that failed in every single case that they took in the courts?

Live footage of Rudy pulling said report out of his ass....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sounds like Iron Mike Lindell has concluded his investigation and is about to put this all to bed like a champ.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

On a more frivolous point: I wonder are all those Striking writers, such as those who work on Seth Meyers' late-night show, are just raging that they have all this new material to work with and are unable to write it? I always liked Meyers' little political segments as Meyers himself has an affable, unpretentious & charismatic delivery, while the material was never that forced. I miss his A Closer Look segments...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I’m thinking the exact same. I’d say their WhatsApp group is a goldmine of jokes right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

John Oliver must be hurting cause those truth social posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“I’m gonna jingle so many fcuking keys it will make your redneck head spin”

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Expect lots of mentions of dead people , burned ballots , suitcases , ballot switching and all the other "greatest hits" from the 70+ courts cases they lost so far.

"Irrefutable" except where they have all been utterly refuted in courts over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

What does the future hold for Donald Trump?

Jail.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭briany

Two thoughts,

The man is box office, it has to be said. Every major news network will be covering that.

It won't matter how spurious anything he presents at the press conference is. It will be an open and shut case for MAGA. Would he and his defence counsel present it in a court of law, I wonder, or is this a textbook case of Trump attempting to try the case in the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,812 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They'll cover it to a point, but given the Fox/Dominion settlement, I'm not even sure a lot of them will be willing to just tack on a disclaimer at the end. They may either cut away if he starts down that road or repeatedly fact-check him on it in real time.

If he starts mentioning actual company or persons names, media networks may get spooked and pull live coverage.

"The man is box office"

I would describe it as more "car crash tv"

"is this a textbook case of Trump attempting to try the case in the media"

Of course it is.

"If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If both are against you, pound the table"

Sure he's had dinner with media execs already I'm sure they've had a chat on what Trump can and cannot say to be cut away from live broadcast

Fox News execs are no real position to tell Trump what to do.. He can put a mighty dent in their viewership with one declaration If they broached the subject, they would have to broach it quite meekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I'm genuinely interested and eager to see what will be brought up. I mean everyone with an ounce of critical thought knows for a fact that all of the previous claims were lies, fake or fraud (Intentional, calculated, prepared lies or manufactured fake/fraud). Every single person. EVERY ONE. Without a single exception.

So I'm actually interested to see what they report. I mean, we will know with the very first supplied evidence. And notice, I'm not using quotes at the moment. If it's the same lies as previously supplied then it is not evidence but manufactured fraud. But maybe they do have something interesting.

I will listen to any NEW evidence with interest but will immediately ignore any and all of their previously supplied fraudulent documentation as it has conclusively been proven to be fake, incorrect or outright lies by every court they were presented to.

I WANT to hear and evaluate new evidence to see if I believe its credible or relevant. Just as I WANT to hear new evidence about Joe Biden corruption. They have had that laptop for years now. PLEASE show us this evidence proving Joe Biden is corrupt and was bribed (Or whatever is being claimed).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Have you watched Succession?? The networks still have a massive pull, particularly with fox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Maybe he has irrefutable evidence?

id day he more likely to ramble on with a pile of nonsense and hope that he creates enough talking points for his followers to continue with their implausible denials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Interesting timing difference between the reporting of voting of grand jury and the deleted court docket that was posted before there was a result and charges

https://archive.li/2gbga

The Reuters story and headline have since been changed not mentioning the core component of the original story.

I guess if it was only one person behind this it isn't a....conspiracy!

Funny that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

News Corp profits droped by 75% this last year they need Trump and Murdoch will gladly let one of his kids take a golden shower to keep Trump onside if it helps boost the profits again no matter what he thinks of Trump in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,812 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But given the payout to Dominion and possibly more coming from the other voter machine company, even if they got Trump to agree not to mention them directly there's about a 99-100% chance he could go off script at any moment and mention them.

Fox will do whatever they have to.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There will not be a single shred of "new" Evidence , it will be all the same old dis-proven nonsense with a fresh coat of outrage applied.

If they had found anything new , we'd have already heard about it - Trump can't keep his mouth shut.

To refer back to those people claiming earlier that the indictments were some kind of distraction to the Hunter Biden tripe.

The morning after he and 18 of his closest friends (that he barely knows and maybe met once or twice when they brought him coffee) get indicted for various conspiracy charges , we are suddenly told that they have a report with lots of cast iron evidence that proves that they are innocent.

A report we've heard nothing about in the months and years since the Georgia Grand Jury started hearing evidence but is now suddenly ready for prime time.

Now THIS , this is what a contrived attempt to distract from seriously bad news actually looks like.

No not to tell him what to do but advise him what he can do to have more reach, ie not mention Dominion by name

They'll follow the "NewsMax Model" - They'll allow him to spout whatever nonsense he likes and then they'll cut back to studio and the presenter will give one of those high-speed disclaimers like the ones you hear after Drug adverts

"Fox News would like to remind its viewers that they fully accept and recognise the official outcome of the 2019 Presidential Elections"

Played at 2X speed followed by a rapid cut to an ad break to allow them to re-start discussing something totally different when they return

Fox News already did a bit of that in the wake of the 2020 election, cutting away from one of Trump's rambling speeches about how the vote was rigged. This was perhaps Fox News trying to get things moving on from Trump. However, they soon realised that Trump and MAGA was bigger than they were and they came to heel. Fox News now has to skilfully weave a thread between supporting Trump in order to keep their audience but not giving any airtime to anything of him which might get them sued, and that could be a lot of stuff, given how fiery and unhinged Trump's rhetoric is getting as the legal noose tightens. It'll be quite a tapdancing act.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,871 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Won't matter. Murdoch's a dying breed. TV news and radio are analogue beasts in a digital age. There's no point in waiting for a specific time of day/week for your favourite gammony ragemonger of choice when Twitter has you covered 24/7, 365 days a year.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I don't entirely agree with that. There is a communal aspect to appointment TV and radio that actually goes away with on-demand access, and it's a communal aspect that is useful for political purposes as it synchronises the political outlooks of a whole mass of people right at once.

• Advertisement

Which is why I think they will let him say whatever he wants by playing his speeches etc. in full and will hide behind "we are just reporting what the leading candidate is saying" and then make sure to get that disclaimer out there rapidly when they come back to Studio and then they will just ignore the content of what Trump has said and just shift focus to blaming Biden for bringing charges.

They won't allow any one "in-studio" to say it , but they will play all of his stuff un-redacted to try and play both sides.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement