Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

100%.

If they had anything does anybody think they waiting for the report to finish?

Where is this new evidence coming from? Nowhere. Its all rubbish to buy him time and control the narrative.

What bugs me about how everyone treats Trump is that they are willing to listen. Sounds very noble but the man is a proven liar, the whole thing is based on nothing but still people want to give him time.

He'll flood the media with a load of crap that people will spend time and energy disproving.

Tell it to the judge. If you have evidence then produce it on court, not some half arsed media PR event.

He has had 2 years to produce something and not even a hint before today that he had anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The US is quite different though.

There is a whole cohort of older (mostly conservative) viewers that sit down every evening after dinner to watch their News channel of choice, which has mostly been Fox News.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Maybe I'm a robot. But I don't see a vast conspiracy there, it was hardly a secret to the court which charges the prosecution was seeking, nor is there any indication the GJ dithered on the charges.

It's all fascinating and ironic because he wants to delay delay delay the courts but he insists this case will be about all this proof he has as ready as soon as next week.

The only ones left hanging on are the ones who are waiting for Ron L Hubbard to come down from Heaven in a flying limousine with Elvis and JFK.

I'm just inclined to watch the Republicans red-wave-november themselves again personally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's the same "Schrodinger" argument they make about Joe Biden - All at once a senile, useless old fool and a cunning evil schemer working to destroy the country and his opponents.

Trump has all the evidence he needs to prove the biggest fraud in World history which would result in the immediate collapse of the current Government and his instant reinstatement but he'd like to wait to go to court until after the Election in 14 months time if that's ok with everyone.

MI State Rep Matt Maddock tries to walk back comments that someone is going to shoot someone or a revolution or civil war is about to break out because Trump and his coconspirators are facing the consequences of their crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The human turd is so fukked. RICO for the win.And it will be on TV so we will be able to watch the cockroache squirm.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

RICO in GA : min 5 years, no pardon. Law and order ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

It's hard to believe people dedicated their career and principles to him, I wonder will they continue to.

• Advertisement

And her office, which is familiar with RICO, has about a 90% conviction rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,773 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

And he won't be getting a pardon from this guy....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Best report ever, a beautiful report. Sydney Powell's best work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,623 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Maybe some of those baselessly claiming witch hunt or conspiracy against Trump can explain how Georgias Republican governor seems to be going along with it...

This will be one of the inconvenient truths ignored even though it is proof positive the claims are without merit or foundation.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭briany

For nearly three years now, anyone with evidence of fraud has failed to come forward - under oath - and prove anything in a court of law.

Would the likes of @MisterAnarchy like to come forward and state why they think this is so? And is the answer some variety of "....because the courts are crooked!"

Yes, yes, everyone is crooked apart from the phony university starting, non-tax-paying, birther-conspiracy-subscribing, is-that-a-real-tan, Donald J. Trump.

We will be fair about the above tweet - Trump's teams did manage to win one case they filed, although it related to how votes were 'cured' in Pennsylvania.

The biggest laugh in all of this was the team of 'cyber ninjas' who did their own audit in Maricopa County, Arizona, only to end up with the result that Biden had even more votes. Still, they came away with a conclusion of, "I don't know.... something awful fishy going on. We cannot prove anything, but there was something crooked..."

'k.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,871 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sure, but it's mainly older people tuning in and they don't seem to be being replaced by equivalent younger people. Even when I go home, my folks who'd be as communal around the telly as you get are all on their separate devices.

Oh, sure. It'll be the same in 5 years or even maybe 10 but it's not going to be the pattern forever. All around the world, conservatives have done their absolute damndest to destroy younger people's prospects. All of my things are either in my old bedroom or in the one I rent here in London. Not much room for me to fit in a TV.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 19,773 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

One important correct from Joyce Vance on the topic of 5 year mandatory sentence..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

And Trump has no DINOs batting for him. Such a loser move... I think thats the kinda language MAGA types understand even if logic and evidence is ignored!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

This might get transferred to federal court. Trump will be pushing for this according to CNN because the alleged crimes were committed while he was a sitting president (of all states) so therefore should be tried federally even though he is being charged under Georgia state law. That would let his buddies in congress to give him a pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, it's important to be open to the possibility of new evidence. There are people on this thread who are so indoctrinated to their cult that not supporting a known, self-avowed, charged sexual assaulter is considered "Deranged". Let's not be those people

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How exactly can Trump win the election other then cheating at this stage?

If you are a neutral or floating voter ig really shouldn’t matter what you think of Biden, keeping Trump away from the White House is surely a more important consideration? I can’t actually see Biden doing ANYTHING that should put off any reasonable non partisan voter. Even using his presidential privileges to get Hunter off wouldn’t even be remotely close to a fraction of the stuff Trump has gotten up to.

So why does it feel like there is still a potential presidential race? Is that just an underlying fear we all have that something outside of Trump or completely miraculous will have the stars aligning for him? It is just crazy that Trump is so exempt from crimes and just general disgusting human behaviour in the eyes of his zealots and the more moderate republicans.

I mean f**k me, they are so deluded…

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Yes, it's important to remain open but Trump has has 2+ years to provide anything even close to being evidence and despite his continued claims that this time its real he fails every time.

So there comes a point where you don't need to listen anymore. If he has evidence the courts will be happy to see it and the courts can decide.

It's not about not listening. In fact it's the exact opposite. We have listened since 2015 and he has failed to deliver every single time.

How could his buddies in congress grant him a pardon?

Interesting. I've heard a number of legal experts assert that the five year sentence is mandatory but reading the code it's fairly unambiguous...

The judge imposing the sentence is granted power and authority to suspend or probate all or any part of the entire sentence under such rules and regulations as the judge deems proper, including service of a probated sentence in the sentencing options system, as provided by Article 6 of Chapter 3 of Title 42, and including the authority to revoke the suspension or probation when the defendant has violated any of the rules and regulations prescribed by the court, even before the probationary period has begun, subject to the conditions set out in this subsection

That being said, unless it's Jeanine Pirro presiding over the case, Trump is going to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I wonder if Congress will look towards reducing/eliminating the 2 month period it takes to handover after election day.

Whatever about the time being needed in the 18th century to allow harvesting, travelling and winterizing and whatever other excuses along with "tradition" that are trotted out for the lame duck period. It is an anachronism that affords far too much time for a vindictive outgoing administration to gum up the works, and, if a Trumpkin to plan and foment sedition.

There is no need for it in the modern age and the handover should be far sooner in terms of gap between election and inauguration.

Eminem definitely sent a cease and desist before Ramaswamy even finished whatever that was.

• Advertisement

No, this won't go to federal court, and similar pitiful attempts by Trump to move his cases to federal court have similarly failed.

And Congress cannot pardon anybody, it's not in their remit. I don't know where you got that notion.

Didn't read the indictment yet I see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement