Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Tow

Must be a posh place. I remember 25 in the early 90s and 50 quid in the early 00s. All gone now, thanks to de Government banning them. It took the bottom out of the housing market. Now we have one of the highest number of adults still living at home in the world.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Listened back to the podcast.

Although he was totally unprofessional, and had several sly digs at one of his guests, it wasn't anything that shocking, as he has form.

He is an ignoramus. He tries to act like he is cultured etc, but he is just a gulpin underneath the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Yeah bedsits banned and simultaneously the property funds arrive into the country

and people think the government works for them

total corruption

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

The first thing Duffy said to her was " oh, you're on a WhatsApp line" by way of explanation of the audio quality

The whole slot stank to high heaven. Duffy bad some scores to settle and nobody was reigning him in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Red Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I hate these whining nasaly songs, there's not a chance Joe listens to this shite, one of the 3 twins was listening and Joe wrote down the name to try and be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The song is genius 😂 I’m sure there is science behind phrases like it that stick in thick peoples heads like the ladies soccer team, “republicans” , the Leinster team etc and they can repeat over and over again like monkeys.

like an Irish agadoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Aileen was highly suspect. Did this lady once have a twitter account of a different name?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Yep, it was de fecking Greens - John Gormley's Greens who got bedsits banned. I suppose if most of your voters live in the green leafy suburbs of south Dublin, you don't give a damn. So long as no one has the pure neck to put wind machines up in Dublin Bay. And to think I once went out and canvassed for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This is the song Joe grunted saying it had "Intelligent Intelligent Lyrics" while he was fuming at the caller. I can't for the life of me think why he did that unless say his kids get free tickets or some comeback his way. He mentioned that band more than once today.

If you read the comments in video the song seems to be about death no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

He threw that Cisn Ducrot thing in there out of the blue. It’s like a question nobody was asking but he answered it anyway. Full a shîte.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Oooooohhhhh ahhhhh Paul McGrath

oh ah Paul McGrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Months mine today lads I miss her so much. I will type up Joe's gold today at a later date it is truly epic.

• Thinking of you, always very difficult when you lose your ma 🥲 and you’ll be a long time coming to terms, took me 3 years to the first day I “forgot” to think about losing her.

• Tomorrow Joe will be fielding calls about Bank of Ireland’s litany of IT fiascos, including tonight where Gardaí were dealing with queues of dimwits trying to get €1K each out of the ATMs, the same people who will be phoning Joe in a week or two about how their account in in debt of -€1K and they have nothing for bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Take care of yourself lad. Lost most of my family at this stage and my 13yo dog died last week.

At a time you will see it as life and remember the good times and be great full you had them times together.

• Advertisement

• Re bank, we must remember that in de crash Joe was advocating everyone withdraw all their cash and hide it in a mattress, prompting g de gubbermint to give de DG a call.

• Re Foyre at McDonalds it was a 9 year of Mercedes C class

Wonder was it one of this recall batch or another recall batch 🤔

Neighbours had a week old Mercedes spontaneously combust when parked outside de house, when I were a lad. De Garda wondered if chiselers from de local school were playing wt de Bangers and/or Rockets, as they walked by. De Mercedes must not have thought/known so, as they gave him a free replacement within a few days.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

The ideal scenario for me would be for Joe to run for the Presidency next time out AND for the Shinners to nominate one of the Warfields as their candidate so we could have this 'debate' again and again. The big, thick, angry head on him would be a sight to behold.

Throw in a few other nutter candidates with delusions of grandeur and I'd say Netflix or Amazon might buy the rights to any 'debates'.

Joe probably wants a second day of guff from de likes of Warfield and co.

But today we have de incompetent bank who spent over a billion updating their IT systems. The chewing gum and sticky tape holding de new (to them patchwork of) systems keeps breaking. This time it triggered a run on de bank. De ATMs were switched to give out money mode, as de backend systems were FUBAR. However, de hard wuking man on the street thought they were giving out 'free money'. In scenes not seen since the days of Ulster Bank's IT disaster, queues of people were lined up at de ATMs. De Guards were called out to help stop the run. It was chaos Joe, de hard wruking man could not get their wages to put food on de plate of their childers. De Guards who should have being managing orderly queues were stopping people getting their hard-earned few bob, de childers were crying with de hunger.

Will Kennedy of de bank be on to 'Talk to Joe'?

Will Drew of de Garda be on to explain their actions?

Will anyone high up 'Talk to Joe'?

Will Joe yet again be demoted to a RTE Newsreader?

Will de shopkeepers of O'Connell Street be on again to 'Talk to Joe'?

Will Joe cover de topic at all?

Cawlurs, your answers on a Postcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,177 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bank queues are more important to police than assaults, robberies, unwell dealing, etc., don't ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aw man I would love some salt a de earth to ring in giving out about the overdraft charges because they took out a grand from the ATM that wasn't in their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

To be fair you’d heed to be a dumbass to believe there was ‘free money’ on offer. 30 years ago I might have said different but nowadays I’d be certain there are transaction logs on standalone ATMs that can be easily reconciled with backend systems once an outage is resolved. Joe has recently proved himself to be a closet IT expert so I’m sure he’ll be advising any cawlurs later. We’re lucky to have him. In the private sector he’d make more than 350,000 in private IT consultancy so it’s a good thing he’s doing the show as a public service.

As pointed out in other threads. If they are queueing up for de 'Free Money' they are not battering de tourist or honest citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,177 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I know. You'd think he's cash in on this level of public trust and brand himself

• Joe Duffy Bank
    • Joe Duffy Candle
    • Joe Duffy Lip Balm
    • Joe Duffy Oye Pad
    • Joe Duffy Pain Relief Pills
    • Joe Duffy Foyre Extinguisher

Advertisement