Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I think the Sheriff in charge said no special cases in his jurisdiction

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump would just use it to scam more money from his acolytes.

They already use a mocked up mug-shot in their begging emails , why give them a real one to use?

Happy for them to process him fully and for them to confirm that he is not 6'3" nor is he only 240 lbs , but don't give him another marketing tool to grift money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As someone already opined, Trump IS getting special treatment 'cos he's the former US President and a rich, powerful man; he has already been treated in a much more different & deferential manner than you or I would receive had we been charged with the same offences. He was given, 10 days right to appear in Georgia right? I guarantee if he doesn't do so there'll be no cops or Marshalls chasing him.

Point being: authorities would be acutely aware of the political and social impact that might come from a mugshot photo of Donald J. Trump. It would function as a rallying cry for all the Ultras out there, every cult member or conservative with a persecution complex would use that picture to bolster their support. I'd be shocked if they allow anything like that to become public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

F*** it, I don't care if he gets a bump in his money.

Tag him and bag him, like everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,693 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dunno if he thinks flouting the arrest would do him any good. Dunno how the secret service would address that, they’re not there to help him break the law.

• Advertisement

Elon/Twitter/X indeed took active steps to undermine the special counsel and tipped off a suspect they were under investigation and their account was being subpoenaed

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/15/special-counsel-obtained-trump-twitter-howell-00111410

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I agree , by all means process him like any other suspect , just don't make the photograph public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Time for an example to made of Elmo. If anyone who wasn't a billionaire broke a court order directing no notice or detail of a search warrant or other similar court order for record seizure? They'd likely face action for contempt as well as probable cause argument for inclusion in any conspiracy case moving forward.

The example here sadly is a slap of $350k. The only example making would have to be for whoever is left on twitter to leave.

To be fair , they didn't break the court order , but they fought tooth and nail in court to get it over-turned.

Something I don't see them doing for anyone other than Trump.

• Advertisement

"What about the victims of their crimes and their families?

There is far too much concern for the perpetrators of crime rather than the victims who never get a second thought." - Rapidash_2023

You cannot compare Donald Trump's case to the treatment of murderers and rapists in jail in the US.

To compare the two is beyond ridiculous, and doesn't merit any further discussion from me.

Donald Trump IS A RAPIST, yes they will be compared, yes we can.

And your insistence that he is somehow elevated and special only evidences you absolutely believe he should get his own tier of justice. I don't care what you think is meritable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Oh, don't get me wrong: I have not gone to The Dark Side and fully expect the same: That it will be rebranding of existing lies (Which, let us not forget, they ALL were. Proven). But, just on the off chance that it actually IS new information, I am interested.

I think it's fair to say though that if it is (as we suspect) simply a rebrand/repackaging of all previous intentional lies and manufactured fraud (I keep repeating this as it's worth remembering that these were not mistakes or accidental misinterpretation. These were all manufactured, designed, failed attempts to deceive. EVERYONE knows for FACT that this is the case, even trumpists). Anyway, if it is a simple repackaging then this has got to be the last ditch effort at pitching the same PROVEN LIES. There are only so many ways you can polish a turd.

So either they ACTUALLY come up with new evidence which I would be interested to see, or we can simply ignore each and every mention of Monday's presentation. Can simply ignore every mention of it on this thread or elsewhere as a waste of keyboard strokes.

One will simply have to state once: "As Expected" and never refer again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll be surprised if it's anything more than hearsay based on random Twitter accounts or "This one person who works for a voting machine company once attended a Democrat rally, AND THEREFORE HE MANIPULATED EVERY VOTING MACHINE TO SWITCH VOTES FOR BIDEN!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Translation: I am no longer able to defend the obvious double standards and hypocrisy in my defence of Donald Trump.

Hoist on your own petard.

Another instance of your "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" posting when it comes to Trump.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You're right, you can't compare them.

He should be in jail with them, but he isn't thanks to his privileged position.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Trump has been legally judged as a rapist, this is an irrefutable fact. He is a rapist, the comparison isn't just apt, it's accurate. Only that it was a civil trial(?) has prevented sentencing and the potential of a jail term; your continued attempts to ignore this pertinent piece of reality goes noticed by those attempting to engage with your logic. And if you think his power and wealth hasn't factored in his ability to escape a sentence, then you're also naive.

No, it's not accurate.

In the state in question, the judge spoke in accordance with their state laws; or at least their own interpretation of it.

If it were another US state, Trump would not have been labelled as such. He certainly wasn't tarred with that word when found guilty at the original trial.

Furthermore, you clarified my point yourself when you said that Trump is a "legally judged rapist".

In what other case of calling someone a rapist do we qualify it with the term, "legally judged"?

We don't. And there's a good reason for that.

Was the judge quoting the law, in the state the offence occurred?

Yes.

Therefore, it is absolutely irrelevant what another state might interpret the law to mean.

"If it were another US state..." = if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.

• Advertisement

In the state in question, the judge spoke in accordance with their state laws; or at least their own interpretation of it.

If it were another US state, Trump would not have been labelled as such. 

Another thing you didn't read: what the judge actually said

Contrary to exactly what you have said, if it were in another US state, he would have absolutely been found liable for Rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

MSNBC is reporting that none of the attorneys that tried to overturn the 2020 election at the direction of Trump/MAGA have been paid, including Rudy. The general gullibility of Americans when it comes to Donald Trump is just absolutely staggering. On some level, people MUST know that this guy is literally the worst brand of scumbag/lowlife on the planet. He has a 60 year history of ripping people off. And yet, they still dance to his tune. Mind boggling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fLjuigDva8

It's genuinely hilarious watching you bang on about having no sympathy for criminals in another thread while going out of your way to defend a criminal in this one. It perfectly sums up the "laws are for other people" attitude of Trump's fan club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Let's also not pretend that Trump's election crimes had no victims. There has been a substantial effect of his election denial and refusal to concede. Hundreds of his followers jailed with their lives ruined because they believed his lies. People were injured and died both during and after the Jan 6th riot which was instigated by Trump. Dozens of Trump's inner circles now facing the possibility of jail time and ruination of their professional careers due to their part in assisting Trump. Death threats against numerous persons involved in counting/certifying votes because of Trump propagating lies about them. And an erosion of many people's faith in one of the cornerstones of the American electoral systems.

But I guess since he's running for office where he'd be able to avoid being held responsible for all that and be in a position to do it all again, he deserves a pass, right?

I'd say they were going to be paid with pardons.

He's very confident, makes fun of people they don't like, and he's wealthy (or appears to be at least) therefore he must be smart. That's about all it takes to get people on board. Scary really.

That is the most ludicrous attempt to wriggle out of a legal judgement I've ever seen.

Donald Trump was found to be a rapist in a court of law - anything after that is a pretty craven attempt to redraw reality to meet your own personal bias of support.

The only reason I'm even using the term "legally judged" is because you're desperately trying to ignore the judgement lest it require you to acknowledge the fact that indeed, Trump is a confirmed rapist. Of course, given the notoriously low conviction rates for rape, E. Carroll was "lucky" her rapist was famous enough to throw eyeballs on the case, ensuring it was taken more seriously than someone at our end of the ladder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If it were another state... like Florida you mean? Where Trump resides?

So yeah, Trump is a rapist. He is a rapist in Florida under its definition. He would be a rapist in Ireland under our definition.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil - that is the sum of your posts on this thread about Trump.

This is the definition of rape in Florida, and it is what the jury found that Trump in fact did:

As required by the Florida statute on sexual battery, the prosecutor must show that the defendant engaged in oral, vaginal, or anal penetration of the victim with a sexual organ or another object.

https://www.findlaw.com/state/florida-law/florida-rape-laws.html

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

"Confidence taken in. By a suntan and a grin"

- Depeche Mode - everything counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Either that, or this poster isn't posting in good faith and is simply trotting out RW talking points to get a reaction and can't keep them straight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement