Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The Gelatelli lemon and lime ones are divine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just successfully guessed all 50 states of the US. Don't get more trivial than that.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,609 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was convinced I had the dentist on Thursday but it’s not till the 3rd of September, don’t mind the dentist these days but it’s a bit of a trek and I’m feeling a little tired and ‘can’t be arsed’ vibe this week.

Was on the train yesterday ready to depart and I saw a guy on the other side running for it. He took two massive leaps covering 8 steps up the stairs. It didn't look human like The Beast from Split! Me and another passenger were willing for him to make the train while he ran above us over the bridge and back down the other stairs and made it on just in time 👏🥳 would have started a round of applause had he got into our carriage ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Spotted out of the corner of my eye a group of youngsters pile out of their cars to head to a venue.

They are all beautifully dressed and every one of them is wearing comfortable shoes, there are some lovely posh sneakers out there.

Th that youngsters are released from the tyranny of uncomfortable "dressy" shoes and they are being replaced by something so creative.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Very trivial, but your man on tipping point took the trade and won £10,000 .the basterd

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭French Toast

I went clay shooting on a stag last weekend and really, really enjoyed it. Got a good insight after striking up chats with the fella who ran it.

I think I may have a new hobby.

my PC was downloading and updating software for about 11 hours. Ok that sucks but the install just got stuck with nothing happening for the last 4 hours or thereabouts …. Can’t sleep so just went to check and finally, it updated, turned on all is operating ok. I was convinced it was knackered but all is ok….

A bill I thought was €30 was showing as 13€ on the account.

So its finally all paid off and I have money to spare, rare these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

walking down the street. Had to jump to avoid two phone zombies.

A few minutes later, a guy walking towards me pulled out his phone. He stopped, walked to the side of the path thereby getting out of the way of the other pedestrians. Only then did he look at it and dealt with the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My loaf turned out very well, despite the missing ingredient.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

At bus stop, realised i had forgotten something. Time to spare, ran back home, out again, bus was approaching stop. He had just shut the doors but reopened them. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A dog who was sick and is now better and is jumping around like a lamb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got €1000 for nothing last night 🤑😁

Did you also get your chicks for free? :pac:

After a horrible am, I was sitting in a car in a local shopping centre.

I was facing the planters they put on the paths, about 10 mins of just sitting there watching the bees flitting from heather flower to flower and bush to bush.

It made me so happy to see nature do its thing and that humans facilitated them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ThePentagon

I love "good drying weather" - those warm breezy days where you can hang wet clothes on the line and take them down again fully dry within an hour. Something very satisfying about wearing an item of clothing in the morning and have it washed, dried, and put away again by that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finally finishing some shite boring work.

And now just chilling until home time.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Goodigal

Getting to see my sons tonight after they've been on holiday all week with their dad. I've missed their faces!

• Advertisement

Rescued 3 OAPs today. ☺️

Well rescue might be a bit strong.

They parked their car to go for a walk ,went a bit off the beaten track and lost their bearings.

I bundled them into the back of a van and got them back to their car a few miles away.

I could hear them screeching and laughing in the back.

I think it made their day and to be fair it made mine as well. 😂

I normally talk to my friend most weeknights, but this week he has his adult kids visiting and they had great plans from what I heard.

Yesterday he txt to say hello!

So even tho its been difficult the past few weeks, I think he missed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Traveling down the M4 this morning, wet, windy and horrible. Van in front with a big load strapped on the roof going somewhat slowly, so i pull into the overtaking lane to go pass.

Just as I'm at his back right, the wind caught the roof load and a big eight foot long two foot wide board of hard black plastic flew off the roof and came straight at my windscreen.

Very TH that i managed to swerve just enough and just in time that it missed my car by about an inch. No traffic behind either so it just went flying into the central median.

I was feeling a lot lazy on thurs and didn't push myself to do the full 30 min exercise I usually achieve and it bugged me all night and all fri am. As I was headed out the door, my boss asked me to do a few jobs on the way home.

Did the jobs, thus earning brownie points, by the time I got home I had done 2o extra mins, so hit my 30 mins and a few to spare for later. 😁

My dentist called enquiring if I could / would bring my dental appointment forward to tomorrow instead of next week… that actually suits me better and means I’ve nothing in the way of any appointments until the new year…

Two trips to be planned and booked and enjoyed one with a friend one with family and the rest of the year looks good, looks interesting and looks fun…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

The odometer on my car hit 80,085km today.

Boobs!

My iPad is up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It makes me laugh more than happy , but Donald Trumps mug shot is hilarious 😄😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Bredabe, glad you got IPad up and running.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your tips, once the expert got his hands on it, it was a 30 min job! Just new ear phones to buy now and it will be perfect.

*Also tks eveyone else who had suggestions, use da best.

Advertisement