Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is. It would be 850 here & Eco Glo Eco Stove is the best out there. Not all Ovoids are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Interesting! Just ordered from Coal Warehouse and they knocked a fiver off. During the process I moaned that I thought prices would have dropped a bit more by now and got another €20 off. So don't be afraid to haggle and ask for their best price. I suspect I could have got a bit more off but wasn't in a killer mood on a Monday morning.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keith1111

No harm email them ask is there discount coupon codes as there's few people be interested 😉

Just messaged coal direct on fb asked

Fingers crossed. Suppose more people that ask the better surly they reply to a email or message to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Platnium

€520 plus delivery https://www.thedandys.ie/product/surelite-20-kg-1-tonne-pallets

€515 plus delivery https://www.easyglow.ie/index.php/shop-coal/%E2%82%AC11-80-per-bag-50x20Kg-Smokeless-Coal-Ovoids-Large-for-Cookers-p93088262

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Ordered from Coal Warehouse Monday at around 10am Coal delivered Tuesday about 11am. They said it would take 5 days so caught a little on the hop.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

Good price pitty they don't have what I'm looking for.

this is coal I'm looking for as I tried and tested it

This is only site I can find it on

https://coaldirectireland.com/shop/eco-stove/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Don’t get caught up in the branding on bags, dandy’s supply plenty of people around cork and it gets bagged and sold as their own apparently

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭photosmart

Easyglow is currently 515 for a tonne of big ovoids whereas ecoglow from coaldirect is around 615 (525 sterling)

So question is whether ecoglow is worth the extra 100 quid? Thinking of buying in the next few weeks

Any opinions

P

I have small stove and found the Golden glow from local supplier and burnt very well compared to homefire supertherm (pink bag) and tried different brand can't remember the name. Now if I could get Danny coal around Galway to test and was happy I would buy it next year. But I would need to test it of course. So for this year I be spending the extra 100 from Coal direct as it suits my stove very well. Anyone else try email them or ring they might offer discounts code or offer over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mikewithGSD

an update regarding the dandys.ie from €570 to €520

€50 cheaper now I don’t think will go cheaper kerosene prices are going up right now so the coal will go up too

Post edited by mikewithGSD on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

Lot of new accounts being created I see to promote there products

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

The adds are back Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Different products work better for certain stoves/ people's preferences etc, when you find what works for you stick with it,low ash covids work well for me,I have tried other products and they were shite (for my preferences) if changing smaller amounts as a test if possible, cheaper in the long run to get the right product for you, obviously people with a vested interest post here also so have a quick look at post count , history if in doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

How much is it to deliver? If that includes delivery that's pretty decent. Hayes do good coal dunno about their ovoids.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

Current prices of smokeless ovoids per ton inc delivery to ROI (with my comment on quality based on previous use)

Coal warehouse €550 (very good, but can be mixed with smaller pieces in bags)

easyglow €565 (large ovoids very good quality, small ovoids were poor a few years ago but they reimbursed fully)

Dandys - sure lite €575-€585 (poor enough) pro lite €635 (never tried but based on reviewseems to be a superior product )

Coal direct €610 (tried these about 4 years ago and they were comparable with coal warehouse)

im going to ring CW and see if i can get a discount for 2 ton. If not the extra €15 for easy glow will do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Promo email from www.easyglow.ie this afternoon.

50 x 20Kg Bags Smokeless Coal Ovoids Open Fire ONLY €515 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Smokeless Coal Ovoids Stove ONLY €525 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Triple Heat ONLY €525 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Household Doubles ONLY €520 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Colombian Doubles ONLY €530 + Delivery

just thought I’d copy and paste the price comparison part too from easyglow

50 x 20Kg Bags Smokeless Coal Ovoids Open Fire ONLY €515 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Smokeless Coal Ovoids Stove ONLY €525 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Triple Heat ONLY €525 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Household Doubles ONLY €520 + Delivery

50 x 20Kg Bags Colombian Doubles ONLY €530 + Delivery

Visit our online store at www.easyglow.ie

Savings not to be missed.

Limited time only – while stocks last

SMOKELESS & TRADITIONAL COALS FROM ONLY

€10.30 per 20KG

Price Comparison

Stafford Smokeless (Wicklow) €18.10 15th August

Eddies Smokeless (Dublin) €21.00 15th August

Coughlan Fuels (Cork) €18.00 15th August

You save by ordering with us at easyglow.ie. We have been selling the highest quality smokeless coals for over 15 years. Check our Reviews

How much is delivery from easy glow?

They will tell you at checkout, it depends on location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

£525 about €615 delivered.

any better value for ECO GLOW

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Rang eco glow after no email reply asking for discount etc but they where nice enough to tell me there having a sell in September so suppose I hold of and see

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Shauna677

A sale? Oh thats very good, must keep an eye out for it. Eco glow is fantastic, still got ten or more bags left over from my ton i bought last year.

Coal Warehouse still looks the best value from what I've seen advertised here by posters/shills the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Is this Coal Direct having the sale. It gets very confusing with all these similar sounding names.

Just got a tonne delivered today into the South of the Eco Glow in the Green bags. Oh well, stocked up for the winter now, and know what it is. They all left it late enough to have a bit of a price off.

How much did you.pay for a ton, yes, they should be having their sale now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Works out about €615.

525 in coinage of the realm. As with the pic above. At least there are no surprises with those Green Bags.

So around €12 for 20kg bag, its very good, think it was same price last summer. Yes, the green bags, the quality cant be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

I got the eco glow off coal direct last year too but the website doesn't seem to exist anymore

Advertisement