Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Seems like the move is quite advanced for Endo, seems like he will be allowed to travel to Liverpool to complete the move...or divert to London to sign for Chelsea...

Just to add one more tweet from someone that has seen him play,

Interesting that he was not on any journos radar until the deal was advanced. Like all signings, if we do sign him, it will come down to where we end at the end of the season whether they will be considered a success. Let's hope he does bring some experience, time on the pitch and balance to our midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

It's like Avengers Endgame with all the old heads returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Takes one of the non-home grown spots as well. Let's hope he is not another Arthur Melo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Oh, is this just extending it? I couldn't remember if it was officially being used or not (unofficially I know it was)

Must get back on the Kop, not been there for years. The lad I get tickets from is always Upper Main, great view but not much atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If anything he seems a Milner replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Here's the post I saw, admittedly it's only for 80% of one season. The 3 above him are all forwards

Yep. It's in since 2021 in the Kop and Anfield Road ends. Huge success. It definitely helps the atmosphere imo.

I think it was officially a trial for two seasons, and has been given the green light in the past few months. Plus, now being expanded which is great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Gotta love Paddy's social media team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks to be an €18-19m fee so around £15m. Not to bad and still leaves £95m of the Caicedo money available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

😅😅 , Surely the Coutinho money will be spent first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

From Hendo to Endo 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

True, he takes the spot left by Fabinho I guess. Unless I am missing something we have one more spot open for a non-homegrown player in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Good to be getting some one in, seems versatile and for 15 million, worth the gamble, can't say that I know anything about him, but, surely this signing could have been done earlier in the window to give him the best chance to settle in before the season started.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Captain of Japanese national team and of Stuttgart. This will hopefully work as one of the astute signing we were known for afew years ago but its far cry from energetic powerful profile of Caicedo or Lavia.

At 30 years of age I can understand the logic of bringing that leadership experience we've lost in Hendo, Fab and Milner leaving but on flip side at his age in klopps system of pressing, it doesn't feel like a signing we'd get more than 2 seasons out of before he gets gassed out.

I really hope we have a star DM to come because this can't be it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Can play centre back, midfield, experienced, leader. Something we don't have in midfield now so see no issue with this signing. I've faith we'll still bring in a pure DM and younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Imagine how pissed you’d be if your experienced club captain upped and left for a paltry fee, near the end of the transfer window…… man I guess it would feel sh1t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Let's be honest..who heard of this guy before 8 o'clock

Still though, Japan and his clubs captain. Will absolutely do for the price. If he isn't up to it nothing really lost.

Should have been all over Kovacic. Mental Chelsea let him go to City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I think I saw him play against Spain in the world cup now that I think about it, and if he's who I've got in my head, his box to box pace was very good. But I can't say for certain.

I see Fati is now leaving Barcelona, we haven't signed a LW in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

• Advertisement

,😰

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

VVD sends Konate to pick up Endo at the airport

Well konate would hardly expect Endo to speak french, they both would speak some German but it's good as both speak english so no bother,watched a couple of videos and reading about him he looks very good,high energy player with some goal threat which obviously isn't needed in a dm but you never know , same as most would never have watched him before but he actually looks like a good solid signing.

I am thinking this signing wasn't a panic buy but on the cards, with lavia as an understudy to him we wouldn't have been badly off, hopefully a couple of more signings to come but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't.

The release clauses look great value at the moment because the market has gone nuts, with the Saudi situation it doesn't look like sanity will return any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

They're trying to pressure Man Utd into making an offer to Fiorentina. Last week there was a story leaked that he was considering an offer from Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Being Japanese, you can guarantee that Endo will have a top class attitude and work rate. Happy to have him at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Look lads, if nothing else, something is better than nothing. Hon Endo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

He may have a top class attitude and work rate but that would be down to his individual qualities rather than because of some national or ethnic stereotype you hold.

A very meh signing but any CDM is better than no CDMs. I'd hope that there's a better quality player coming in next. At least it'll take some of the stink of desperation off the club going into other negotiations for CDMs, if that is the plan.

I don't think anyone would have swapped Henderson or Fabinho for this lad, given the choice.

Fab was finished and the jury is/was out on Henderson as a DM.

By all accounts, this guy has a bit about him and is in great physical shape. Tough as nails - which we lack - and good in game intelligence.

The two of them wanted to leave so whether anyone would have swapped them for Endo is irrelevant.

More noise about Ambarat and Gravenbach this morning.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This seems like a sensible signing, so long as there's more on the way.

• Advertisement

Exactly. While it doesn't seem that exciting (but obviously I hope he proves me wrong) he's an international captain who seems injury resistant and is (relatively) cheap as chips. Reports from those who have seen him make it sound like he's a workhorse too, which is what we want. Sounds like he'll be very dependable in the short term. Hopefully the long term will be addressed this summer too

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Seems to be the replacement for Milner rather than Fabinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭strawdog

Yeah obviously the proof will be in the pudding over a season or 2 but couldn't help but think when reading about this transfer how nice it is to have a player who is enthusiastic to join. Even aside from what will happen on the pitch, it's got to be a benefit to the dressing room in the short term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Can't imagine he will be on a massive salary either - we should still hopefully have a bit of wiggle room for other signings and not be going into the negotiations with as much desperation.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hopefully the long term will be addressed this summer too

Yes, my only concern with this signing is if he's being signed to tide us over so we can have another go at fixing the DM issue in January / next summer.

That would absolutely not be ok IMO.

Amrabat rumour seems to be gathering pace, difficult to know if Liverpool are being used to push through a united bid, last year of his contract so last chance for his club to make money out of a move,at the same time not sure about it,we need another homegrown player but options are limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Never seen him play club ball, but he was good at the World Cup. Particularly remember him in their win over Germany.

Definitely need one more midfielder before the window closes - but it’s a step in the right direction.

Unless Andre is basically a done deal and he'll come over in January after the Brazilian league finishes, that I'd be ok with (but I'd want it confirmed now)

That seems to have gone a bit quiet though

It's being reported now that the building contractor working on the stadium have just gone into Administration. Long delays expected now you'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

There was stand out player for Japan playing CM during the WC, I remember chatting to my brothers about him. I wonder if its the same player, he either worn Number 6 or Number 8 during the WC.

It might not have much affect, it seems to be a regular occurrence for UK contractors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Like most, I can’t say I know a whole lot about Endo, but it’s a much-needed body for midfield, relatively cheap, and he’s robust (he has only missed 3 Bundesliga games combined in the past 3 seasons!). If we get in a younger, long-term option to go with him then this shambolic few weeks could be soon forgotten. Also, you would imagine, actually having a defensive midfielder within the squad makes our future negotiations seem a little less desperate! 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ed Aarons is fairly decent for Palace news and he is saying that Liverpool do have an interest in Doucoure.

It's a bit vague though, like is he just chancing his arm with the link and going with the flow or does he have genuine info on a transfer and is just setting Palace fans up for what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

There's certainly nothing wrong about the Endo signing. Lots of positives to it, but, and I'll admit I know ow nothing about the player, I don't think it narrows the gap to the top 4. It helps in that it won't make the gap wider at the least. Even if he can just play in the cup competition and provide a rest to a regular starter it is a signing worth making.

Desperately need a reliable top quality starter in the DM position still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

In other news, I see Inácio’s has signed a new deal with Sporting and doubling his realise clause from 35 to 70m in doing so. I think we will regret not pushing harder for him big time, in my opinion he's the best young left sided center back in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd say this is very close to being announced, providing medical passed / fee agreed etc but sounds like it's on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭McFly85

Endo is a solid signing, but as others have rightly said, it’s definitely not enough.

If we get a proper DM too in I’ll be relatively optimistic about getting a CL spot.

Still need more but we won’t get anything else in I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement