Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I see a couple of wheel upgrades on the front two black MYs there. Just a word of advice for anyone who's thinking of ordering and doesn't like the default Gemini wheel covers on the non-Performance models. You can get yourself a really nice set of wheel covers that'll give you pretty much the same look for around €200 delivered, but you'll have the benefit of a better ride from the 19" wheels, not to mention better efficiency too. Plus you won't have to live in constant fear of curbing them at that price! Here's mine for reference:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 castle96

I ordered through a custom order but I'm assuming now that I have been given one of the inventory as was given a vin number straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I was chatting to FI about a similar situation and they told me that they issue the finance agreements once Tesla send them the final invoice and in some cases she said it can literally be the day before delivery. So fingers crossed it gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scall147

Where did you order yours from? Was thinking of changing the Gemini ones.

Really does change the look of the car. I found mine on AliExpress - here's a link to what I got for reference. The ones in the photo are matte black. You'll find loads of different sellers, but there's two things to watch out for outside of the shipping cost. First is accessibility to the air nossle. Some look like they have a rectangular cutout that looks like a nightmare to get access to. The ones I got are grand. Second thing is to find ones with a symmetrical design so the left side is the inverse of the right side. Which is actually more than can be said for Tesla's induction wheels funnily enough - they're asymmetrical...! One last thing is to ask the seller to ask for a Tesla centre logo - they'll be supplied blank otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 scall147

Thanks for the info. I’ll have a gander on AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd to cover alloy wheels with plastic hub caps??

Car buyers have fought hard to get alloys standard on almost everything - even the most basic rental spec Polo’s and Fabia’s come with alloy wheels.

No I don't disagree with you! The Gemini alloys don't look great - I could live with the efficient drop of removing the covers if they did. Definitely couldn't stomach the drop in range and the harsher ride that comes with a €2300 price tag with the Induction wheels though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redgosh

Hi All,

I’m a little bit confused with timeframe around delivery and payments for my Tesla. I have put an order and deposit early last week and updated payments options as cash as I am going with external lender. Now as a next step I need to update insurance details (which I obv can’t at this stage) and also got information that they are drafting my contract and that they will let me now when I can put final payment. How long that took for you? Is this a waiting game at this point only or I need to do anything else on my side right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Insurance details not required in Ireland.

Best of luck with the rest, hopefully wait not too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Conar

For insurance I uploaded a copy of my current insurance. Wasn't sure whether it was needed but that worked and I was happy to see the step ticked.

I paid cash too (external lender) and the details became available shortly after on their site, but Tesla also texted me about it and emailed me the details.

I did a test payment of €10 to the account and saw that come off before transferring the rest. A bit of peace of mind before transferring 10s of thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

This is all routine and nothing to worry about. The message about drafting a contract is usually when finance options apply (I note that you changed to cash so I would expect that that will change. With cash option it is usually possible to make payments (Settlement details of bank appear on account). Most people wait until they get confirmed delivery before making the payments and as long as payment is made a few days before collection it should not be a problem. Bet of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I'm hoping the car is better than their customer service... Was trying to switch to an existing inventory car without luck. Everyone tells you something different over the phone with the UK and then web chat. Think it is safer to just stick with the original order. disappointing though the service leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately.

So I collected my M3P with 29% range ugh.... Had to show friends and family so now down to 12%. I'm 20 mins from Leixlip to the Enfield superchargers and the app says I'll make it with 6% left.

Do I trust it or top up somewhere in between to be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭olympicweights

Best of luck with the car! I'm curious as to how people are getting on with insuring the higher performance models as the RWD model is no slouch?

In case it's of interest. I went for it but stayed below 105kmph for the journey. Battery dropped from 7% to 6% just as I was pulling in. Seems reasonably reliable.... Was worried it would take time to settle and be accurate.

Probably safer in the Performance than the RWD. The LFP battery apparently takes a bit of learning.

Anyway, congrats on your new car. Still my dream, hopefully some day. Are you happy...?😋

I'm with Aviva. My last car was a Lexus is300h fsport. Insurance was €310 fully comp increased to €345 iirc for full claims protection.

Just picked up the M3P today. Got the reg details 2 days ago and couldn't transfer online. Called Aviva and they couldn't do it there and then as it needed to be referred to the underwriters due to the performance. Had to wait for a callback and got nervous because I started searching online and saw someone online saying they had 40 years clean driving ad full no claims and Aviva would only quote them 3rd party on a longe range. I was getting very nervous.

Then they called back, and confimed they were happy to proceed with the transfer and that I was getting a €24.40 rebate. Couldn't believe it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

762bhp MSP90DL was 236e, M3P is 400e. Both Allianz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭olympicweights

Jesus that's cheap!

I'm with Aviva as well, €353 for a 2.0 diesel full comp inc protected NCD. Not sure I'd keep my licence though with a performance, I was too easily exceeding the speed limits in my recent RWD test drive.

I'm very happy. It makes me giddy. (bit sad I know)

An older friend of mine says my RWD makes him sick when accelerating, god knows but the P would probably kill him..😁

Come on @Conar make us jealous with a few pics when you get a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy74

Anyone turn up an hour early for their collection? I’m supposed to go at 1.30 but with train times it’ll be more like 12.30…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Shouldn't be a problem. It's not busy at the moment.

Full policy, protected bonus, drive other cars fully comp and business use too. I’ve had some form of P cars over the years so just have to know the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Got a text the other day to select the collection date and time 2nd week in Sept.

I was also given details of where to send my downpayment to minus the €1500 for ordering from preconfigured vehicles.

Cant wait now to pick up my Model Y!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

Hi all, curious about the M3 long range RWD. Can't understand why its performance figures are ever so slightly better than the regular RWD. Has a bigger battery so should be heavier and therefore a bit slower (e.g. as is the case with bigger battery VW ID.3)

So is it producing a bit more hp, I wonder...

Anyway, hard to ignore the long range RWD model on 0% finance against a regular RWD at the mo. Even if you can't regularly charge to 100% - I don't think it has LFP battery..

Anyone know where you can get definitive specifications for this model?

According to EV Database https://ev-database.org/uk/car/1976/Tesla-Model-3-Long-Range-RWD it has 295hp.

The LR RWD may not be any heavier than the LFP RWD, also afaik the LFP battery is not able to release energy as fast as non LFP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

The battery chemistry is different in the Standard Mod 3 (LFP) and the Long range has a different battery which is more energy dense and hence ever so slightly faster (5.9 sec compared to 6.1 sec).

See spec in link attached https://evcompare.io/cars/tesla/tesla_model_3_long_range_rwd/

Advertisement