Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭acequion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

What app is that I wanna download it ,love all weather apps

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

I find it very good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

How can the radar show rain in Galway when it's not raining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Anyone else feel its roasting tonight? Weather is so heavy in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Bizarre isn't it, bone dry out yet the radar would have you thinking different.

Edit: Not even 5 minutes after posting and drops start falling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Just saying the same earlier, horrible inside and no airflow. Still reading just under 18 degrees out and a few drops very so often. Not going to be a nice night for sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Temperature at Casement Aerodrome is 19°c at 1am.

11 other MÉ stations at 18°c at 1am.

Warm night indeed.

18 here in carrick on shannon as well very warm tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭spookwoman

17.1 on my outdoor Thermpro here in Waterford @ 3:52. Spitting out and the ground is wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very windy last night and this morning. Warm night.

14C overcast and strong easterly/southerly wind. Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Was lovely to leave the bedroom window wide open last night and not have the room going cold as a result. Have been awake since about 3am as I'm not feeling great today but at least I could listen to the eucalyptus trees blowing in the wind out in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Lashing rain Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A wild night ahead for those in the south ,south east and up along the east coast. Cork airport TAF also shows a chance,albeit a small chance of gusts up to 50 knots. No harm to tie down any loose items

Status Yellow - Winmd warning for Leinster and Munster

• Met Éireann Weather Warning
    • Becoming very windy with southeast winds, veering southwest gusting up to 110km/h, higher on exposed coasts and hills.

• Potential Impacts:
    • • Damage to temporary structures.
    • • Travel disruption.
    • • Power outages.
    • • Wave overtopping.
    • Valid: 21:00 Friday 18/08/2023 to 06:00 Saturday 19/08/2023
    • Issued: 06:59 Friday 18/08/2023

Marine Warnings

Status Orange - Storm warning from Wicklow Head to Hook Head to Mizen Head and on the Irish Sea South of Anglesey

• Southeast winds, veering southwest will reach storm force 10 for a time on Irish coastal waters from Wicklow Head to Hook Head to Mizen Head and on the south Irish Sea.
    • Valid: 22:00 Friday 18/08/2023 to 04:00 Saturday 19/08/2023
    • Issued: 05:15 Friday 18/08/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I’d be the total opposite give me the high temps for the rest of my life. Complete wash out today, standard grey sky plus lashing rain today. The pits..

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Been lashing rain here in West Cork for 12 hours now - serious rainfall since 10pm. But equally no one could sleep in our holiday home as it was just too warm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

In fact, looking at the yellow rain warning, it doesn't kick in til 3pm? The ME forecast is for the heavy rain here to continue until then, so that will be 17 hours of heavy rain ever before the really heavy stuff is forecast. Yikes.... It was a lovely week up to now at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Storm Betty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The models couldn’t even forecast this storm just a few days ago, let that be a lesson to us all!

forecasting hasn’t improved that much really compared with say 50 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

From Metoffice UK

Very strong and gusty winds, associated with Storm Betty, bringing some disruption to transport, travel and temporary infrastructure.

Betty is born

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

Not too bad at all here this morning in NCD, drizzly but not lashing and very little wind.

Maybe it will change later but certainly not lashing like was forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

The rain and the heavy rain is forecast for later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

I've just been outside working near the loch. Bitter, wind would cut you in two. Went back to find a jacket.

Leitrim.

Your tight Kayne, lashing rain here now, still very calm though no wind.

Maybe its the calm before the storm?

Oooooohhhhh Betty!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

On the plus side Dublin tomorrow looks mostly dry bright and warm.

Yeah today doesn't bother me because we have had loads of dry weather in August so you don't mind the odd wet day.

July was a different story!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Banarol

Overhead thunder, Thurles area, good lightning on show

Do be following M.T’s forecast and his normally great to predict particularly bad weather but the weather we’re getting now is I think a lot worse then what I was expecting so far, hope we avoid the really strong winds. I hate storms at night, trees blowing beside my house. Had big branch come down august storm 4 years ago, it was scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭acequion

Coming back from Spain this Sunday and am dreading it. I don't mean to offend anyone but I just really hate Irish weather, especially the Irish "summer." It's my birthday next week and am booked on a hotel break somewhere up west. Can anybody give me any idea of the forecast for mid week? Thanks guys.

Advertisement