Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

At least they're not saying that they're 'friends', like, "I have 567 friends on Facebook". Tictok makes me think of sci-fi movies where normally still images on wrappers, catalogues or picture in books and magazines are animated, chattering away banally as you eat your breakfast. Marty McFly, or Harry Potter style.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just on those tictok comments. I literally have no interest in it, only about a year ago I had to do an internet search to see what it was!

But my trivial annoyance is that this is just the start, plenty of things are just going to pass me by that the masses love. But which I don't understand or care about. Pop culture, films, music, fashion. Even some new political movements that just seem odd to me, or I have no awareness of.

My first thought was this is the the start of it I am slowly turning into my Dad! The metamorphosis is a slow gradual process. I know what I like, and I like what I like - and that is it now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

New neighbours are quite clearly going to be a fûcking issue….

using the extended driveway / garden out in front to their place to store multiple commercial vehicles that seemingly are used during the day and arrive back to make a racket being parked and unloaded between 11pm and 1.30am. From whatever events, festivals etc…

they have knocked down a wall, without applying for planning permission, to widen the entrance to facilitate these big vans / trucks and also have had works going on inside… this all usually starts just after around 7.00am.

kango hammer symphony again since early…. Nobody signed up here to live next to a commercial premises or inconsiderate fûckwits just parachuting themselves in and not giving two fûcks about the rules and their neighbours……

They need pp to turn a residential home into a commercial premises. Go to your planning department with haste and photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Been done, just hit send a few minutes ago. I’ll have no issues getting a law firm involved….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being dyslexic and needing to put in the broadband password on my new table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😥😪

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The new Pepsi flavour, with the sweeteners. Who thought that tasted ok to sell? Foul stuff.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

New Club Lemon awful too. Nearly ever soft drink has been changed it seems.

Trying my best to compartmentalize my life... seriously I don't know how serial killers do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Waking up at odd hours, sweating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Anyone who says or writes 'to revert back'.

Revert means to go back so what they are actually saying is 'to go back back'. Media reports, government communications, business emails etc are all guilty - so TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've an old shoulder injury that decides to make its presence known once a year or so. Currently in the throes of a flare-up and it's the worst it's ever been. Literally can't sleep with the pain (hence I'm on here at 5.30 in the morning). Physio can do very little for it and it doesn't bother me often/regularly enough to warrant surgery, but man, when it does decide to make an appearance, it is *deeply* unpleasant.

I'm a fookin' wreck lately. Infected mosquito bites. Worst sore throat I've ever had. This. Oh, and I'm losing a big toenail too. If anyone needs me I'll be at the glue factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got woke by a plane at about four o clock this morning and couldn't go back asleep. I don't live anywhere near a flight path so that was unusual, added to that it sounded like it was about to fly right in my bedroom window.

Now i have to go to work and I'm tired and grumpy.

It sounded like a plane anyway, but may have been a dinosaur on a hang glider. Whhoooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrr.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Are you absolutely sure it's not the new and improved Covid variant? It doesn't give you a fever (or if you get it, it's just a day thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I woke up at 3am with probably the worst acid heartburn I ever had thanks to a helping of Prosecco and Guinness at a staff night out. Thankfully two Omeprazole tablets and a glass of water with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda sorted me out. I also skinned the top of my second toe earlier in the week and it's still quite sore. It feels like someone ran a cheese grater over my toe. I've a full day's work ahead of mebut all I wanna do is crawl into a corner and sleep. Plenty of coffee and anti-inflammatories should see me through the day however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The worst change for me was the range of San Pellegrino soft drinks. They went for being the nicest, slightly unusual drinks to being disgusting, overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A young woman in a local shopping centre had a horrible nagging cough, she was coughing out into the air.

I don't know which annoyed me most, 1. That it's okay again to cough into the atmosphere, 2. Me thinking that it was shameful that she didn't have a mask on with that cough 3. Channelling my mother with thoughts like 1 and 2. 4. That the poor girl had to go to work with a nagging cough like that.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's definitely her. She should keep her germs (or viruses!!) to herself. People have learnt zilch from the pandemic.

Throw that in with people who say 'Going forward' and 'Sure, look..' This is good for it's own thread of TAs, there's that many of these verbal fleas. (If that becomes one, then I claim the royalties)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes, bought the Orange & Blood Orange recently and they were dire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bloody salespeople! Trying to buy something, but it's out of stock. No worries - they can deliver in 4-5 working days. Emailed the salesman my Eircode and a question, and he responds with a mobile number and a request to call. Call him up, and he gives me all the information he's already given me, asks me to email my address, and says he'll email back with the information I already asked for. What a waste of time! We lost almost 24 hours because I was too busy during working hours to call him, and gained nothing from it. Salespeople always want to talk on the phone or worse - meet! Just answer my bloody question!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My mother's insistence on scrolling Facebook with the sound on, so you get a split second of audio from each video or Reel she passes. It drives me absolutely batshıt. Like, I have to leave the room when she does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Complaining about stuff. I wish I could just keep my mouth shut. Today I did constructively complain about something that was annoying me in work. So I have learned something. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

being rendered down or stuck back together again? 😉

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

On a similar note, I made an inquiry online with a company recently.

I had two missed calls from them, subsequently. I literally had my phone in my hand both times, picked up the call but it had rung off. I don't know if it's some kind of auto dialling or something. Slightly irritating anyway.

I blocked the number and went elsewhere with my custom. I then had an email from the first lot saying they had tried to contact me by phone. Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My mother does that too...and the volume is always up really loud. And then she fusses around to turn it off (maybe) but the sounds continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

OMG this + 1, I work in health care and constantly have patients calling in saying its all right, its only a cold or its only the flu or only a chest infection. Feck right off and keep your viruses to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was expecting these to be better.

Think I'll stick to regular Jaffa Cakes from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They are absolute muck. I tried one and binned the rest of the box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement