Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Hard to see any of those u 20s making any impact for a few years yet. Cork best players this Yr were their older lads. Hard to see Cork stopping Limerick next year if Limerick gets out of Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Corks centre back 'Joyce' was Corks best player this year and the fullback was good..he was under 20. I see Cunningham making a big impact senior next year aswell as a few more. Cork are the only team Limerick traditionally fear. But we ll see. Tipp have zero chance and then there's Clare who possibly could beat them in Ennis. But yeah if Limerick get out of Munster you might aswell hand them.the Liam McCarthy straight away

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Rebelside

It’s only next year we’ll know how good Tipp are, it’s impossible to judge with up to 8 players missing at a time. I’d wager they’ll win an AI sooner than Clare or Waterford. The latters golden generation is fading & Clare have shown themselves to be a thus far & no further unit. A change from their dozy manager might help.

Of course we’d hope to make all their claims irrelevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Are Munster trying to take over here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭hogans heroes

Senior camogie starts on saturday anyone any views on it, dicksboro look team to beat I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,378 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Probably, but Thomastown will be there or thereabouts, - Playing each other on the 27th.

Windgap and Piltown will join them in the Semis.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Catinthewilderness

Glenmore v Castlecomer - Draw

Bridge V James Stephens - Village by 2 points

Ballycallan v Shamrocks - Shamrocks by 8

Clara v Tullaroan - Clara by 1

Mullinivat v O'Loughlins - Vat by 1

Danesfort v Dicksboro - Boro by 12

Think dicksboro are the standout favourites then I would have piltown with the Doyle's back.they are the 2 front runners for me.thomastown I dont see winning it and windgap are solid, outside of the 4 it will be interesting to see how the village do after back 2 back promotions.outsiders maybe st brigids.

Post edited by hogans heroes on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Village87

Kilkenny 4 in row combined with Limerick 4 in a row

Nicky Quaid

Sean Finn JJ Delaney Tommy Walsh

D Brynes D Hannon K Hayes

Cian Lynch Cha

G Hegarty Henry Eoin Larkin

Gillane M Comerford Eddie Breannan

Picking the KK midfielder was a hard call

Had to put Tommy back corner back

TJ, Richie, M Fennelly and Riche Hogan did most of there hurling after 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Lads am I right in saying there's no streaming of any club matches out of KK right now? Shambles really. I get that they want to get people in the gate, but they're leaving money on the table here, I'd happily pay a few bob to watch a match or two this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭kksaints

Think that's right. They might stream some of the championship matches in Nowlan Park but I can't see much else. Wexford streamed matches this year but they were all in Wexford Park ( i think maybe some from Bellefield also) so it possible Kilkenny might do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

As I posted previously, in the absence of streaming tune into local radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

This is bizarre. The pitches won't be the problem and leaving it to the referee to make a call at a time when teams and supporters will already be there or En route is a shambles regardless of how this turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Charlie69

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The Birchfield Boy

Lack of natural light is a bigger issue. Already dusky outside and that to me is by far a bigger player welfare concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Madness playing any matches tonight. No considerate for players or supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Comerman

The racing at the dog track was called off because the owners wouldn't let the dogs run, what's the old saying "you wouldn't put a dog out in it" saying that if Glenmore had a dry night they would have completely anialated us 😳 well done 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Didn't get to any match this evening due to work, but I have to say the Kilkenny GAA Twitter updates are very poor. They used to be pretty decent, but not anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Speak Now

They only re-tweet what the clubs post. Some clubs give brilliant score by score updates, others haven't tweeted in years. Pity really.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Bennetsbridge, The Village and Comer were all tweeting live scores last night and Kilkenny GAA only retweeted the final score of the Bridge/Village match and as of this morning, still haven't tweeted the result of the Glenmore/Comer match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,378 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

So just follow all the clubs twitter pages, and if they post scores you will see them?

Do you think the KK pro should sit at home waiting for clubs to tweet scores, and then repost them????

Its up to the Clubs if they want to post the scores of the games, not the County PRO .......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

It's through the club twitter accounts that I keep up to date with match scores. I agree with you regarding the PRO, a voluntary position, and why create work when the information is already out there. By the way, Glenmore streamed their match on Facebook.

Post edited by Grats on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭kksaints

Tough slog in Thomastown this afternoon but an entertaining game nonetheless. Dunnamaggin won by 2 points but if Inistioge had taken any of their 6 good goal chances they'd have won. Scoring goals seems to be a problem for us, we didn't score one last time out against Carrickshock either. Backlines were on top for most of the match with Jack Walsh and George Murphy the pick of the bunch for Inistioge and Darragh O'Keefe and Ian Walsh for Dunnamaggin. Denis Walsh while he was kept fairly quiet for Dunnamaggin, was involved in some key scores witht he little ball he got including a beautiful sideline cut. Definitely has the skill levels for a higher level but not necessarily the physicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kentu

O'Loughlins overcame a stubborn and game Mullinavat side in tough conditions yesterday, Mullinavat backs were on top in 1st half especially I thought....Tom Aylward at full back was a good steady influence to all around the defence.

Thought the loughs half back line took over in 2nd half and between delivering good ball to forwards and all of them contributing on the scoreboard they were a big reason for the win. Very impressed with David Fogarty who I hadn't seen before, hurls very similar to Mikey Carey, Mikey Butler went off at half time after he got a bang right at end of the half, hopefully it's not very serious.

All good tight games in the senior camogie yesterday.

Boro bt piltown by 5pts

Village drew with windgap

Young Irelands bt barrow by a pt

Conahy bt st brigids by 2pts

Really tight games with the boro confirming their the team to bt by winning in piltown.

Going on matches to date, David Fogarty needs to be targeted. It will be interesting to see how he copes then and will he get have the man in space to let the ball off to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Village87

Difficult weekend with weather conditions, I went into Palmerstown for the Junior match of the weekend between Freshford and Piltown, seen Freshford the last 2 weeks. They will be back up Intermediate next year. They would push hard for Intermediate they way they are hurling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

If you were at the Freshford v Tullogher match last weekend there was nothing between the 2 and ended in a deserved draw. Lots of missed chances by both sides. No James Maher for Freshford but Tullogher were also without Walter Walsh.

Junior is not something you cant call now. You have Freshford, Tullogher, Ballyragget and Windgap. It could be any one of those 4 with possibly the Emeralds or Barrow Rangers making a semi final id say. Having seen most matches in Junior i cant see anyone else stepping up.

Not sure you could say they would be pushing for Intermediate but they are decent. I think this may finally be Thomastowns year to break the duck and go up Senior. They have threatened for a few years now and with decent underage teams coming through if they could get up senior they would have a good chance of staying there.

Advertisement