Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reasonable Timescale and dispute process.

• 19-08-2023 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

When you report something to mods, what is a reasonable timeframe for response before escalation and what are the steps thereafter?

This is a serious defamation issue and while mods can’t always be around to respond, I’m concerned that the longer it drags out the more damage it’s doing.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have you messaged the mods of the thread in question?. If no reply escalate to category mods.. Personally, and I speak only for me, I've probably been slow on my monitoring of reported post, I hate to blame the change to vanilla but here we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Thanks Grem,

I messaged a mod I know and they said they were on holidays.

I messaged another one and perhaps she’s off or something.

There is one more I will try.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Go for that message and then a category mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭con747

For all the use this list of Mods is since a lot left or don't bother it might be of help. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058234282/list-of-forum-mods-and-category-mods-updated-10-02-2023

If you check their profile page you should see when they were last active.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Thanks,

I think a mod I messaged might of given somebody a heads up so they could edit their post. Lucky for me I took screenshots of the discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Apologies, I forgot to leave a note. This thread has been closed pending admin review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement