Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There are 2 more games on YouTube this week if anyone is interested. Hertha vs Wehen Wiesbaden tonight at 17:30 and Schalke vs Lautern tomorrow night at 19:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Sky have been a disaster for the Bundelsliga in this part of the world. I didn't even know Bundesliga 2 was back last weekend. I thought it was this weekend. I would have watched that for sure. It's a shame BT/TNT didn't hold on to it. If they have the rights for something, they show it, end of. Sky are so random with their coverage. One Friday a game could be televised and the next Friday it might be only on bloody phone app. More than once last season when games were advertised for the app/you tube, they actually forgot to put the match on. And unless it's Bayern v Dortmund, there is zero advertising. It almost feels like the got the rights for the sole purpose trying to demean the league.

Anyway, I will watch Hertha today (if sky remember to switch in on). I wouldn't be surprised if they got relegated again this season. The club are in a bad way.

Hertha lose to the 3.Liga playoff winners in injury time.

Still several players they want to get rid of and sign over the next month but at the minute they are a really poor side.

This guy only arrived on loan yesterday and was subbed on after 70 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Looks like another long season for Hamburg and its fans. Good comeback in the second half, only to lose 2 points at the 95th minute...

I think KSC will be near the top this season and the Wildpark is never an easy place to get a result, but the manner in which points were dropped was a joke. We had 4 great counter opportunities in the final 10 minutes when they were leaving gaps at the back and we wasted all of them. Should have been 1-3 several times before it was 2-2.

Sky Sports have suddenly decided to remind their viewers that they have Bundesliga rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard would it be to get tickets to Frankfurt v Bayern in early December?

Always tough to get tickets for games against Bayern as you are competing with their fans who are everywhere. Best chance is probably a site like Viagogo as much as I detest them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Funny enough a mate of mine got tickets to the Augsburg game on 27th August, he just went on the Bayern website and applied

Even Augsburg fans don't want to watch Augsburg play to be honest.

Has it been announced if Kane is eligible to play tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

What's the German for Spursy?

Sky sports have made this available on their website

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11881/12938567/free-stream-watch-harry-kanes-bayern-munich-debut-vs-rb-leipzig-in-german-super-cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That 2nd goal by Olmo was beautiful.

Maybe its not "Spursy", but "Kanesy", and its migrated to Germany...

I think you can see why Bayern was very eager to get Kane. Not much of a threat when they reach Leipzig's box.

With that midfield behind him he will score loads of goals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bayern could have had 2 or 3 since ht but still 2 down as Kane looks set to come on shortky with 30 to go.

RB were impressive and very sharp in fairness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deserved win but Bayern should have taken some of the fine chances they created.

Kane is going to score a serious amount of goals for them.

Enjoyable game.

RBL excellent to watch, but not sure how Bayern didn't manage to score. They created plenty of chances.

Good to see Sky are continuing to stream Bundesliga 2 games on YouTube. I was worried they might not bother once the top division returned. Hopefully it lasts.

Big match between Hamburg and Hertha tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

Bayern 1 up through Sane. Fantastic assist from Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Kane up and running with his first goal. He has a new boot deal too, with Skechers.

Hertha rock bottom after 3 games and are yet to score a goal. Never expected them to be more than a mid table side this season but the squad needs a lot of work in the next 2 weeks if they are to be even that.

They're screwed if they don't get someone in that has a vague idea where the goal is. I'm not sure they have any money. I think they spent whatever they had on a licence for this season.

• Advertisement

The midfield is a bigger concern for me. They need two new midfielders as they've been completely overrun in all 3 of their league games so far. I think as soon as Lukebakio is sold they'll be able to pay the fee for Diego Demme (rumoured), so that's something at least. I don't know what is going on with Serdar and why he's not been playing in the league (played in the Pokal last week) but he looks likely to leave if an offer comes in.

Up front Niederlechner has never been prolific in the Buli but he should chip in with a few goals in this league. The lad they signed from Austria Wien (Tabakovic) has scored over 50 goals over the past 3 seasons in Austria, so he should be decent as well. It's the players behind them that are the main problem imo.

If they can get in 3-4 signings in the positions they desperately need help they shouldn't have any worries about going down, but I don't see the squad becoming anywhere close to good enough to compete at the top either.

Someone on Twitter noticed these beside all the leaders at the recent emergency meeting of ECOWAS in Ghana to discuss the coup in Niger.

It appears HSV are massive in West Africa.

Hertha making up for the lack of any goals so far, by scoring 5 today

The Hannover vs Hamburg will be live in Sky Sports Football Youtube shortly

Not to take anything away from the Hertha performance but Fürth were shocking. Conceding a killer third goal 19 seconds after the restart sums up their day.

Karbownik was great on his debut playing in midfield in the first half. They've had nobody in there capable of carrying the ball forward and splitting the defense open with a pass in previous games.

• Advertisement

Think this was mentioned before at some point but worth mentioning again given how bad the YouTube highlights the league posts are. There were 10 goals in the Magdeburg/Hertha game yesterday and they released an awful 74 second video of it.

If you are looking for highlights from the Buli or 2 Buli and have a VPN set it to Germany and you can get full highlight packages on the Sportschau or Sport1 YouTube page. They post all the videos at 11pm on Sunday night.

Sportschau

Sport1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

It's funny that there is better highlights of the 3.Liga and the regionaliga nordost available internationally then there is of the top two divisions

Hertha have finally found someone who enjoys banging in goals. 7 goals in 5 appearances for Tabakovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

A good win against one of better sides in the division. Starting to move up the table a bit.

But that open goal miss from Scherhant while their keeper was up at the other end was something else.

The new signings have settled well. Especially Tabakovic and Reese. Took some nerve for the latter to take the pen against his former club. Very impressed with him overall.

• Advertisement

Must be some sort of record!

3 First Half Red cards in the Bayern game.

Probably another record in Bayerns game.

0-0 ht

8-0 ft

Including a hattrick by Kane 1 from his own half.

https://x.com/ballsdotie/status/1718282534503510084?s=20

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

Bayern dumped out of the Pokal by Saarbrücken. Leipzig also out.

Time to dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bayern knocked out of the cup by 3rd division Saarbrucken! The Kane effect continues...

The decline of Europe's top teams continues.

Kicker have Raul as the favourite for the Union job and the new coach could be announced tomorrow. No idea if he's any good as a coach or if this is just an attempt to copy what Leverkusen did with Alonso.

3 draws in a row for Hertha. Need to start winning some games. It is nice that they're at least a bit better to watch these days.

Another loss for Schalke. In the relegation zone now.

The Hamburg derby on Friday will be one to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hertha matches this year have been bizarre. There's been lots of goals and when they've won it has been usually fairly comfortable but they've thrown away a ridiculous number of leads and really they should be higher up the table.

I'm surprised how quickly Union Berlin have collapsed. I thought they'd struggle more this season but not to this extent. They're lucky enough that there's some other very poor teams at the bottom of the Bundesliga this year. Otherwise they'd be cut adrift soon enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement