Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis Compact Tractors

Options
  • 02-11-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with these compact tractors? Am thinking of getting a 50HP for some topping and general yard work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

arctictree wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with these compact tractors? Am thinking of getting a 50HP for some topping and general yard work.

Are the old style roll bars legal on modern tractors here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

gozunda wrote: »
    Are the old style roll bars legal on modern tractors here?

Jesus, get one with a cab whatever you do... It doesn't have to be the fanciest cab, just one to keep the wind and rain out...

You'll be happy to have a cab for about 6 months of the year, and VERY glad you did for the other 6... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Jesus, get one with a cab whatever you do... It doesn't have to be the fanciest cab, just one to keep the wind and rain out...

You'll be happy to have a cab for about 6 months of the year, and VERY glad you did for the other 6... ;)

So true, on a half different topic, I hate to see boys doing up vintage tractors and removing the cabs, the cabs look unique and serve a great purpose,

I wouldn't be without a cab for love nor money!

I'm nearly sure the roll bars are not legal on new tractors. The images of the Solis Compact Tractors seem to only have rollbars :confused:

gozunda wrote: »
    I wouldn't be without a cab for love nor money!

I'm nearly sure the roll bars are not legal on new tractors. The images of the Solis Compact Tractors seem to only have rollbars :confused:

There's a 50 hp and 75 with cabs if you keep looking at his adds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Jb1989 wrote: »
    There's a 50 hp and 75 with cabs if you keep looking at his adds

The 26hp has a cab too.

https://youtu.be/uXVJq6OD1Y4

There's a rake of videos of the 26hp on YT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭davidk1394

As previous said. Get a tractor with a basic cab. Did you price other makes like Kubota also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Was often thinking of a 50 hp tractor for getting the cows and leave the scraper on it, would I be mad

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Was often thinking of a 50 hp tractor for getting the cows and leave the scraper on it, would I be mad

Like a compact or a tidy oul vintage yolk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

I drive a cabless tractor with a trailer and I think it’s grand. But for anything else, I’d recommend a cabbed version.
    We had a Solis 75 out on demo (with a cab). It was alright, nothing special. Thought it’d make a grand council tractor, something handy for tipping around in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Like a compact or a tidy oul vintage yolk?
    I have very hilly ground, like one of those 50 hp solis 4 wheel drives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

Number of reasons I think I could do without a cab:

1) I'd probably Only be using it during fine weather

2) I'd be doing a lot of work inside the barn

3) Tractor would never be leaving the farm.

Maybe I'm mad....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Dont know much about the Solis, but was looking online at those type of tractors and maybe another brand you could consider is a Kioti tractor. People that own them seem to rate them. Think their a Korean company

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭alps

Seems like value

alps wrote: »
    Seems like value

Seems a tidy job. I wonder what they are like to drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭I says

I see I do agri has two of them out in demo. The 75hp and 90hp look value compared to the second hand prices 10/15yr old tractors are making. Anyone using them? Will look at them at the ploughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

I'd prefer to buy a Massey or Deere from the early noughties and get it refurbished from front to back. I reckon I'd have a better tractor going that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

There's a small solis with hydrostatic drive that would be ideal for a scraper tractor. No messing with clutching etc going around. I seen Olly Bloggs on youtube has one with a small loader and brush on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I seen the Lovol tractors at Tullamore, I think you would be very brave to take a chance on one.

I do agri will have the verdict on the 50hp Solis he has one in demo. Was cleaning out a shed on yesterdays offering, they went full rose of Tralee at the end.

Advertisement