Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I like them, but they taste ever so slightly of disappointment - I was hoping they'd be more orangey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They should have put a layer of orange under the chocolate.

Can't beat the original Jaffa Cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Careful you don't contract FPCD ( full packet consumption syndrome), very hard to cure. ... yum .., orangeee....dark chocolateee... spongeee...... I'll just check the bikkie press, I think the hinge needs oiling. 🍫🍊🧽

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

Was watching a movie review on Youtube by a girl with an extremely strong Scottish accent. There was a comment by someone who said that the movie's subject matter would be relevant to an Irish person and the conversation went like this:

Reply: "She's Scottish, not Irish".

Commenter: "I had no way of knowing"

Reply: "She has a Scottish accent"

Commenter: "Nobody in the rest of the world can tell the difference. Anyway, I'm sure the Brits whipped you both into shape"

No f*cking clue what he meant by the last line but he obviously had no idea what he was talking about. Scottish are British. People talking BS about the UK and Irish nationalities with so much conviction despite actually being complete idiots about the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

You see that all over but even during the recent bank cash withdrawal you can see some Brexit people think about "Stupid Paddy" Even some of our next door neighbours haven't a clue. This is not the first country that this has happened to, but yet they put it down to us being "Stupid Paddies" Sorry to link to this page but some Irish people who support these groups(Irish national party) etc you can see that they're just using them. Groups like this using Irish people to turn against others are their friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People speaking in non-sequiturs.

Also, my poxy shoulder again. I think it's officially dry needling time 🤢🤢🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I see it a bit around boards. Multiple posters at it

The British market sells cars with extras but in Ireland we get “Paddy specifications” so no extras

”Paddy” accepts low standards in our politicians

Of course “paddy” will not switch to cycling so why build cycling lanes

”Paddy” never complains about rip off Tesco

And so on & on…

Not being precious. Why do posters do that? Who goes around calling yourself and everyone you know a paddy?

And if Rishi Sunak in the Uk said something about the paddies they would be the first to outraged ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sitting in a coffee shop and realising that the pop tunes being played are covers of old club dance numbers, Robert Miles Children and that I'm Blue one etc. And not improvements on the originals, kind of inoffensive Super Valu shop muzak.

Can't anyone come up with anything original that's good instead of reheated crap, sub standard rehashes at that? Same with movies, tv shows, flogging the arse off of well worn IPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Seeing the low fuel light come on in my car.

Believe it or not, I've the car nearly 7 years and this is the first time it's ever come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm trying to find a specific service from a specific healthcare sector, as I'm suck in a hole where there are approx. two of each discipline I'm Ta'ed that it's taken them three days to respond to emails(so as not to pressure them, as it's back to school time) and the latest email is four days for a response to confirm their credentials for insurance.

It's sending me negative signals about potential services, but the other option is v v v unattractive for lots of other reasons.

Ta'ed that I was silly enough to expect that a freelance healthcare worker would not be so casual about following up on queries for their expensive services.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

MAMILs on racing bikes tearing through suburban parks as if they're in the final stage of the Tour de France.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

People who dance at completely the wrong rhythm to music, usually going at it with way too much gusto

I'm into my dance music and you may have some nice chilled melodic dance tunes and you get someone arriving on the dance floor and dancing like the DJ is playing some really hard banging hardcore. They really stand out as it is a natural thing for most people to be able to pick up a rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How the Indo uses a Roy Keane soundbite every single week to make a story.

Cheap filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I forgot to do wordle on Thursday, I think . It’s thrown me out of sync completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The second hand car market… because nobody was buying cars during the pandemic or driving as much, there is a serious lack of secondhand cars…dealerships looking for serious cash for four or five year old standard models some with late five or early to mid six figure mileage…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

We get fellas going around the estates looking for cars. Keep knocking on our door becuase we have older cars. Parents one is about 70k on the 06 and they can feck off if they are getting my 09. Both are well looked after and get regular services. Probably wouldn't get a decent price him.

Want to swap neighbours. Think I'd rather the noisy one than or one a few doors down. Looks like drugs and other bad ****.

I had to leave a dance class once because the teacher couldn't read the phrasing of the music properly. She'd go to count us in and be like "5, 6, 7, 8" but would actually be on the 2, 3, 4, 5 beats. I lasted about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Too tired to get up and go to the toilet. But not tired enough to post on Boards.

Private health cover ads that say "we are there for you in an emergency".

So, long as the emergency is Monday to Friday, 9-5. 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

E scooters and their drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The Irish Times E-paper

When reading it on a device you can view the actual pages (awkward as you need to zoom in and out) or via a text-based article and then keep scrolling right.

The second option is far easier to read but doesn't include the author / journalist's name at the top. So if you want to know who wrote the piece you have to go back and click on the page option to find out.

Surely it can't be that difficult to add a name - especially given that the Irish Independent / Sunday Independent E-papers do show the name on their text-based articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How many accidents need to happen before they're banned?

And then there's all the kids flying around residential areas on then. They can't control them and end up riding into traffic.

I'll be honest, it's the driver I feel sorry for in these accidents.

My TA, I have a week's worth of ironing to do. 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And no helmet , no licence , no insurance , no road tax .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Plus disabling the speed limiter. I followed a guy on one exiting Maynooth to Leixlip, he was breaking the car speed limit of 50kmh. Instant death if he fell off. Probably the same guy who crossed in front of me a year ago at a junction, having come down the FOOTpath on my right, and crossing at maybe 30kph inches from my front bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Narky AH. It's nearly as bad as CA.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And it's a rare event to come across one with lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I came closest so far to having a collision with one on Friday morning, although I'm one of those dreaded bike-people so it would have been no loss, eh?(according to some people). I see this e-scooter lad most mornings (he must live near enough to me, and works in the same industrial estate), but on Friday I was almost in work when this (almost) happened.

I was off the main road, in the industrial estate, and I just in the process of taking the last right turn towards my company's Reception when he overtook me as I turned, so we were within a foot of each other. I never reaction to stuff, but a loud, wheezy noise of surprise and shock emanated from my chest. It would have made more sense for yer man to undertake me, since he was going straight on and there was more room on that side (side I was veering over). I had taken a quick glance behind me but he must have been on the footpath, and the fact that those things are so quiet didn't help.

Didn't even get an acknowledgement of apology or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My main trivially annoyance today is that the hard drive on my Virgin Media box may have died. 😔 I've turned it off and on a few times, made sure cables were as they should be, but to no avail. Now I can't watch anything I've recorded, I can't record anything new, and I can't even pause a programme. And no support until tomorrow.

I'm living like a caveman here!!! 😱😵 (I think the caveman also only had a very basic telly package.)

• Advertisement

The threat of the neighbours' dog about to start barking and the kids about to start screaming to ruin a nice quiet sunny day in the garden.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement