Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Think I approved you there, just need to confirm on your side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I must have been one of the few freaks who was starting to get used to swing timing.... did the two rounds of the current event, just under par. tbh happy to go back to swing timing or maybe I'll get used to the new method, happy to go with the consensus

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Played the first round there, some really tough greens! I had a shocking amount of 3 putts. Some tough elevation changes to judge on the par 3s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Found the greens very hard to read and the pro-am is a lot more difficult with the 3 click swing IMO but will hopefully get used to it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah some awful greens on that one. Will see how the scores look at the end of the event, might try Amateur for the next event. Don't want the game to be too boring if easy and the same if too hard, will find the right balance.

• Advertisement

Horrible 1st round and found it way too hard on ProAm level, I would suggest moving it back to amateur level for future events I think if majority of members are average then I think that amateur is the level we play to imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Can you quit play mid round and come back to the same point ?

Yupp, i did that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Current settings are ok. A little difficult to get timing correct but the course is horrible. The greens are slippery as bejazus. Even in the wet second round the ball just disappeared down a hill if you missed the putt.

Ha yeah, on the first clear round I read already thinking "this is gonna be a balls in the rain" :D

Next even will be back to Amateur difficulty so will be able to tell then what's the best going forward. The event after that is supposed to a brilliant fantasy course so hopefully that will be fun and we'll be closer to having the best settings.

• Advertisement

Who's Fangee on here? -23 is a mad score.

Could be worth turning on handicap scoring? Would even out the scoring. Don't know if that would block anyone that hasn't got enough rounds to have a handicap from entering though.

How does that work ? Mine is listed as +8.5 or around that.

Is it FPLFan12345🤔 frightened to start my second round on +14😀

The game would recalculate scores based on everyone's handicap and the difficulty of the course. I shot -9 for my 2 rounds with a +6.7 so I'd probably end up around +1 or +2. I can see in the screenshot above that @Zero-Cool has a 4.0 handicap and shot +8 so he'd end up ahead of me with around -2.

Nah F that, I don't deserve to be ahead of anyone that has a better round than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

Hey guys, I'd love to join too.

My PSN username is GreyianStorm, I'll join later today or some point tomorrow.

Yeah that’s me.

I probably tinker with the game more than most.

Like when the ‘swing timing’ was on I changed my ‘golfer’ archetype to ‘rhythm’ and tweaked a few other things.

Now ‘swing timing’ is off I changed my archetype again to ‘power’.

I also changed my balls to ones that have the best spin because guys were saying they couldn’t hold the greens.

An example of the difference I was seeing - as a rhythm archetype I was teeing off and hitting maybe 280-290 yards. When I changed to power archetype I was hitting 330-350.

I’ve also look at ‘event stats’ and where I really seem to have an advantage over most is putting. Seems my putting is better than most. That’s the standout stat for me.

edit - I think sticking on the handicap is a great idea. No harm in trying it for one event anyway.

Think we might need to turn back on swing timing reduce.your Superman rounds🤔☺️

Also you mentioned changing the golf balls, I thought that option was disabled and we couldn't use some of the balls with attributes like spin control etc?

• Advertisement

Yeah. Maybe that’s true. I make the changes to my setup but I don’t know what ones take effect for the societies.

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

Thanks Romero!

Shocking rubbish first round of +3. Hit a big bunker on the first 9 and took 3 to get out. Overall -1 for 2 rounds. Missed a few sitters on round 2.

+10. Was apparently leading upto about hole 15 on first round. Car crash after that including two quad-bogies.... I hate golf

I just came here to say fck this game 🤬 +4 at end of first round had +14 wind speed to contend with. Second round would have been better but for the Double and Quadruple Bogies on hole one and two battled back to +3 for the two rounds.

Also anyone find the course a bit dark? Is that due to start time being around Dawn @Zero-Cool ?

I think we should all play Wreckfest instead. Really wanna smash stuff up!

Yeah round 1 was dawn and good weather. Round 2 was dusk and had weather to mix things up but that was NOT a fun round. Won't be doing that again.

I got to the 9th hole on mayhem mountain and I rage quit. The amateur setting is much more enjoyable but the course is awful. Ridiculous greens. I couldn't even bare to finish it, nevermind the 2nd round. I changed the next even to 1 round. Also, i have zero interest in pushing this society, not having the same fun I had on the last game. So anyone fancy taking over as El Presidente? I'm still going to play events, just lost the will to setup events.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Reading the comments above, thank fook I don't play this anymore 😀

• Advertisement

Would you not have more craic picking the more recognisable courses ? Like Sawgrass, Augusta and so on ?

Advertisement