Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roar over south Dublin

Options
  • 20-08-2023 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Did anyone hear the loud roar over south Dublin at 5:40 this morning? It woke us all up. Was it aircraft or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Sorry had a lot of curried beans. It was my anus farting

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

House price collapse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Aer Lingus from Chicago or Washington, it was quite loud this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Maybe it was miliary or some kind of transport flight. There is this airfield in Baldonnel, could have been landing there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Whatever way the weather conditions were this morning I did notice the morning Airport departures, around 5-6 am, much louder than typical. So it was probably one of the big jets heading off on a long-haul, or perhaps a plane landing had to go-around. Those circumstances are when jet engines are at their highest pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The only take-offs that you can hear on the southside are the propellor planes flying to Kerry, Bristol, Southampton etc. The Boeing and Airbus jets have attained enough altitude by the time they fly over the southside that you can barely hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

The Garda helicopter woke me up about 5ish. It seemed to be concentrating on something in Stillorgan Pk according to Flight 24. It was there for quiet some time.

Advertisement